Entrance Exams after 12th
Each year, with the class 12th board exams over, students all over the country face the daunting task of selecting a career choice for themselves. They start searching for a career that they would like to pursue and prepare themselves for the competitive exams or popularly known as entrance exams in India. Some even start early with this choice and start preparing themselves from 11th grade or even as early as 9th grade for the exams that they wish to give.
To make this convenient and easy for you to navigate, we have compiled a list of all the Top competitive exams that would help you get into the college of your dreams and help in pursuing your dream career.
Also See : Competitive Exams after 12th
- Engineering Entrance Exams
- Architecture Entrance Tests
- Medical Entrance Tests
- Defence and Marine
- Common Entrance Tests
- Hotel Management Entrance Exams
- Law Entrance Exams
- Design Entrance Tests
Central Universities Common Entrance Test
CUET – CUET stands for Common University Entrance Test. So, from the name itself, it clarifies its definition. CUET will be acting as a single window for the students willing to take admission to the undergraduate courses of different central universities across the country. CUET (UG) is conducted in Computer Based Test (CBT) mode.
Engineering – Competitive exams after 12th
- JEE Main : Joint Entrance Examination or JEE(MAIN) is one of the most sought after entrance exam for students wishing to pursue engineering after class 12th. The exam is conducted all over the country by the National Testing Agency(NTA). The examination consists of two papers. Paper one is for admissions into Undergraduate programs like B.E./B.tech courses in various NITs and IIITs and the Paper two is conducted for admission into B.Arch and B.planning courses. This exam is also an eligibility test and criteria for JEE(ADVANCED), so as to get admissions in IITs. The paper is conducted twice in a year, the candidate may choose to either attempt the exam both the times or they might attempt it only once.
- JEE Advanced: The JEE(Advanced) is conducted after the JEE(MAIN).To be eligible to give the JEE(Advanced) exam the candidate will have to clear the JEE(MAIN) within the appropriate cut-off range. The students who qualify this exam are granted admissions to different undergraduate engineering programs in 16 IITs and ISM Dhanbad. The exam consists of two paper of 3 hours each and are conducted in two language, i.e. English and Hindi.
- BITSAT: Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test or BITSAT is an online(computer) based competitive entrance exam for admission into various engineering programs in three BITS campuses namely, Pilani(main campus), Goa and Hyderabad. The exam tests the students on their Math, Physics, Chemistry, Logical Reasoning and English.
- VITEEE: VIT Engineering Entrance Exam is conducted by the Vellore Institute of Technology once a year for admissions into UG Engineering programs in the university. The exam is computer based with a time duration of 2 hours and 30 minutes.The questions asked are MCQs (Multiple choice based questions). The candidate is tested on 5 different sections, namely aptitude, physics, chemistry, mathematics/biology and english.
- MET: The Manipal Entrance Test, formerly known as the MU OET is an entrance exam conducted by Manipal university for admission into various Undergraduate engineering courses offered by the university. The exam is conducted each year in the months of July and AUgust in two phases in 80 different Indian cities and Dubai in online or computer based mode.
- COMED-K UGET: The Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka Undergraduate Entrance Test is a state based examination conducted by the COMED-K for admission into engineering courses. Presently, about 190 engineering colleges are affiliated with this entrance test as their admission criterias. The test is computer based and consists of 3 sections; Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with a total of 180 questions and the time limit being 3 hours.
Complete List of Engineering Entrance Exams
Medical- Competitive Exams after 12th
- NEET-UG : NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST or NEET-UG is a pre-medical entrance test conducted by the National Testing Agency for admissions into undergraduate medicine(MBBS), dental(BDS) and AYUSH medicine(BAMS,BUMS,BHMS,etc). A candidate wishing to give this test must have had Physics, Chemistry and Biology in class 12th. The exam consists of three sections, i.e., Physics, Chemistry, Biology( Zoology and Botany), for a duration of 3 hours and a total of 180 questions.
- AIIMS MBBS: The admissions into AIIMS will be conducted solely based on the NEET-UG exams. It is a national-level entrance test offering admission into nine AIIMS institutions; New Delhi, Patna, Bhopal, Jodhpur, Rishikesh, Guntur, Raipur, Nagpur, and Bhubaneswar. It is a computer based test, comprising of 200 questions out of which 20 questions are optional, for a duration of 3 hours, with a marking scheme of +4 for correct answer and -1 for an incorrect answer.
- JIPMER MBBS Entrance Test: The Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER) entrance test is conducted for the undergraduate medicine programme, i.e., MBBS and consists of a total of 200 seats for both its campuses. The test consists 200 MCQ based questions from sections of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Logic & Quantitative reasoning and English Comprehension.
- AIPVT: All India Pre Veterinary Test will be conducted by the Veterinary Council of India. It will be organized for admission to B.V.Sc. & A.H courses under 15% All India Quota seats. The AIPVT exam was replaced by NEET in 2017 and thus, the admissions into the course will now be conducted through NEET-UG scores.
- INDIAN ARMY BSc. Nursing : It is a national level exam for admission into 4 year BSc. undergraduate nursing programmes and is conducted by the Director General of Medical Services(DGMS). The exam is only for Female candidates for a total of 220 seats. The admission for this exam is now based on the NEET-UG scores, followed by a personal interview. The exam is conducted one a year and is an online written exam.
Complete List of Medical Entrance Exams
Also See : List of Medical Entrance Exams after 12th
Law- Competitive Exams after 12th
- CLAT: The common law admission test or CLAT is a national-level entrance exam for admission in 22 National Law Universities or NLUs for a 5 year integrated LLB(UG) programme. The examination is of 2 hours in pen-paper mode and comprises 5 sections, namely, current affairs(including general knowledge), english language, logical reasoning, quantitative techniques(math), and legal reasoning. There are 150 questions in the exam, with the marking scheme being +1 for right answer and -0.25 for wrong answer.
- AILET:The All India Law Entrance Test or AILET is another national-level entrance test for admission explicitly in the National Law University, Delhi. The exam is for a duration of 90 minutes and will consist of 150 questions and 3 sections; logical reasoning, english language and current affairs including general knowledge. The candidates through this exam fight for 110 seats that are provided by the National Law University, Delhi.
- LSAT: The Law School Admission Test is conducted for admission into various other law colleges like the Amity Law School, UPES Dehradun,ITM Gurgaon,Faculty Of Law, Dehradun and a 3 year LLB course at IIT Kharagpur, etc.
Other Law entrance exams include:-
- SLAT– Symbiosis University
- BLAT- BHU University
- MH-CET(Maharashtra Common Entrance Test)
- CUET(Christ University Entrance Test)
- IP University, Delhi
Complete List of Law Entrance Exams
Defense and Marine – Competitive Exams after 12th
- NDA : National Defense Academy or NDA is conducted by UPSC for aspirants who wish to serve the country by working in the Army, Navy or the Air Force. The exam is conducted twice a year and consists of two stages; the written test and the personality test also called the SSB. In order to be qualified the candidate needs to be in the final merit list and thus, must pass both the tests.
- IMU CET: Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test offers a variety of courses to students aspiring to work in the Navy. The test provides admission to courses like BTech (Marine Engineering), B.Tech (Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering),BSc (Ship Building and Repair), all of which require a 10+2 in Physics, Chemistry and Math and a minimum 60% average and a 50% aggregate in English subjects in Class 10 and Class 12.
- Indian B.Tech Navy Entry Scheme: This exam is for male candidates seeking admission for a 4 year B.Tech degree course under the 10+2 (B.Tech) cadet entry scheme.
- Indian Navy Sailor Recruitment: Another way of getting into the navy is by giving this test. The recruitment is carried out on the basis of a Written Examination, Physical Fitness Test and Medical Examination. The candidate should have passed 10+2 with an aggregate of minimum 55% In Physics, Chemistry and Math.
- Indian Army Technical Entry Scheme: This scheme is primarily for candidates having passed and done their 10+2 in PCM. The scheme has about 90 vacancies to be filled. The training for the course takes about 5 years with a fixed stipend for the candidate. The selection process is in two stages wherein, the shortlisted candidates will be first called in for an interview and then for a medical exam.
Architecture- Competitive Exams after 12th
- NATA: The national aptitude test in architecture is conducted by the National Institute of Advanced Studies in Architecture(NIASA), which is the main test for admission into all undergraduate courses in architecture, primarily B.Arch. It is usually conducted twice a year, with a time limit of 180 minutes, with a very diverse syllabus consisting of Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry of the 10+2 curriculum, in addition to Drawing and General Aptitude.
Also See : Arcitecture Entrance Tests
Hotel Management- Competitive Exams after 12th
- NCHMCT JEE: National Council for Hotel Management & Catering Technology Joint Entrance Exam is conducted by the NTA for admissions in BSc(Hospitality and Hotel Administrations) which is offered by NCHMCT jointly with Indira Gandhi National Open University(IGNOU). The scores from this test are also taken by 21 central Institutes of Hotel Management(IHM), 25 state IHMs and 27 private IHMs.
Complete List of Hotel Management
Fashion and Design- Competitive Exams after 12th
- NIFT Entrance Exam: The national institute of fashion technology entrance exam is conducted for admission in B.Des, B.F.Tech, M.Des, M.F.M, and B.F.Tech courses offered by the 17 participating NIFTs. The exam is offline and lasts for 180 or 120 minutes depending on the exam for the programme that you desire.
- DAT: The National Institute of Design conducts the DAT or the Design Aptitude Test each year for the admission to the B.Des course.The test consists of two stages; the DAT Prelims and the DAT Mains. The B.Des course has a total intake of 425 seats divided across its 5 different campuses.
- AIEED: All India Entrance Examination for Design is conducted by the ARCH Academy for its undergraduate courses in design across its two campuses( Delhi and Jaipur). The exam is primarily conducted in two stages: the General Ability Test(GAT) and the Creative Ability Test(CAT).
- UCEED: The Undergraduate common entrance examination is conducted by IIT Bombay for admission in the B.Des programme in 4 IITs and IIITDM Jabalpur. The exam is divided into two parts is of 3 hours.
Complete List of Design Entrance Tests
Some common State-based Competitive exams
- KCET: Karnataka Common Entrance Test is conducted by the Karnataka Examination Authority for admission to undergraduate Engineering, Architecture, Yoga and Naturopathy, Veterinary, Farm Science, and Pharma Courses. It is an offline exam taking place only one a year.
- KEAM: Kerala Engineering Architecture Medical is an entrance examination for admissions to various professional degree courses in Kerala. It mainly offers admission to various engineering, medical and architectural degrees throughout the state.
- TS EAMCET– Telangana State Engineering Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test provides admission for courses in engineering, agriculture and medicine in the state of Telengana..
Complete List of Common Entrance Tests
- SSC CHSL: Staff Selection Commission Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam can be given immediately after the completion of one’s 10+2. If selected the candidate can get posts such as lower division clerk, junior secretariat assistant, postal assistant and data entry operator posts.
- CPT( Chartered accountancy): The common proficiency test for chartered accountancy is conducted so as to qualify and become a chartered accountant. The ICAI holds three different levels for the completion of this course, the first being the CPT followed by the IPCC which is the intermediate course and lastly three years of practical training under a practicing chartered accountant.
- TISS BAT : The tata institute of social sciences bachelor’s admission test is conducted by the TISS for the admission of various undergraduate courses. To be eligible a student should have passed 10+2 in any subject stream and under any recognized board.
Also See: Career options other than Engineering and Medical after Class 12
To know more about Others: Latest Entrance Exams
Also See :
See >> Entrance Exams after Graduation
- List of Entrance Exams after Graduation
- Entrance Exams for Jobs after Graduation
- List of Entrance Exams for Arts students after Graduation
- Entrance Exams after Graduation for Engineering PG Courses
- List of Entrance Exams for Teaching Jobs
- MBA after Graduation or Work Experience Which is better?
- Career options after BBA