IIT Bombay announces Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam for Design (UCEED) 2023 for Admission to Bachelor of Design (B.Des) Program
UCEED 2023 – Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay has released the notification for Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam for Design (UCEED) 2023 for admissions to the Bachelor of Design (B.Des) Program offered at IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad and IIITDM Jabalpur.
Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam for Design UCEED 2023
- Admissions to the Bachelor of Design (BDes) Programmes at IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad and IIITDM Jabalpur are done through the Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design (UCEED)
- Start date for Online Registration : September 30, 2022
- Last date for Online Registration with regular fee : October 21, 2022
- Last date for Online Registration with late fee : October 29, 2022
- Start date for Admit Card downloading : January 13, 2023 onwards
- Last date for rectification of discrepancies in Admit card : January 17, 2023, 05:00pm
- UCEED 2023 : Jan 22, 2023 (Sunday) 09:00 am to 12:00 noon
- Release of Draft Answer Key : January 24, 2023
- Last date for uploading comments (if any) on the Draft Answer Key in the candidate’s portal : January 26, 2023, 05:00pm
- Release of Final Answer Key : January 30, 2023
- Announcement of cut-off marks for Part-A : February 9, 2023
- Declaration of results : March 9, 2023
- Start date for Score Card downloading : March 11, 2023
- Last date for Score Card downloading : June 13, 2023
- A candidate, including a foreign national, must fulfil each and every one of the following three criteria to appear in UCEED 2023
Criterion 1 – Age Limit
- Candidates should have been born on or after 01st October 1998 if belonging to the GEN or OBC-NCL category and on or after 01st October 1993 if belonging to the SC/ST or PwD Category.
Criterion 2 – Number of attempts:
- A candidate can attempt UCEED for a maximum of two times and that too in consecutive years. Note that UCEED score is valid for one year, and only for admissions in the same corresponding academic year.
Criterion 3 – Qualifying examination:
- The candidate should have passed in all subjects in the qualifying examination (Class XII or equivalent) in 2022, OR should be appearing for the qualifying examination for the first time in 2023 in order to be eligible for attempting UCEED 2023. Students from ALL STREAMS (Science, Commerce, and Arts & Humanities) are eligible.
- Those who appeared for the first time in their qualifying examination (Class XII) in 2021 or earlier are NOT eligible to appear in UCEED 2023.
- Final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by a Central or State Board recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a Board or University recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (www.aiu.ac.in).
- Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School, Board or University examination in India or in a foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- H.S.C. vocational examination.
- Candidates should register for appearing in UCEED 2023
- Registration can be done only through the online registration portal linked from www.uceed.iitb.ac.in. Candidates should simultaneously satisfy all the three eligibility criteria [refer eligibility criteria for appearing in UCEED 2023
- Registration will be cancelled if, at a later date, it is found that the candidate does not meet any of the three eligibility criteria.
- Registration fee is NEITHER refundable NOR transferable.
- Female Candidates (all categories) – Rs.1800/-
- SC, ST, PwD Candidates – Rs.1800/-
- All Other Candidates – Rs.3600/-
Foreign Nationals (including PIO/OCI)
- Candidates from SAARC countries – US $ 350
- Candidates from Non-SAARC countries – US $ 450
UCEED 2023 Exam Pattern
- Exam date and time: 22 January, 2023, 9.00 am – 12.00 noon.
- There will be ONE question paper of a total THREE hours duration.
- The question paper will be in English only.
- The question paper will carry a total of 300 marks.
- The question paper will consist of two parts: Part-A and Part-B. It is compulsory to attempt questions from both the parts.
- Utmost care is taken to prepare an error free question paper. However, if an error is detected in the question paper, the UCI Committee shall take an appropriate decision after the examination, which shall be final.
- Details of the two parts of the question paper are given below:
- Part-A (Total marks: 240; Maximum time: 2 hours 30 minutes)
- This part will be administered through a computer-based test.
- This part will consist of three sections.
- Section 1: NAT (Numerical Answer Type): 18 questions (4 marks each; no negative marks).
- For these questions, the answer is a number that needs to be entered using a virtual keyboard in the computer screen. No choices will be shown for these questions.
- Section 2: MSQ (Multiple Select Question): 18 questions. Each MSQ may have one or more than one correct choice(s) out of the four given. The following is the marking scheme:
- Section 3: MCQ (Multiple Choice Question): 32 questions (3 marks each for the correct answer; 0.71 negative marks for incorrect answers). Each MCQ will have four choices, out of which only one is the correct answer.
- Part-B (Total marks: 60; Maximum time: 30 minutes)
- Part-B consists of ONE question that is aimed at testing the candidate’s drawing skills, which will require subjective evaluation. The question in Part-B will be displayed on the computer screen and the answer has to be written/drawn in the answer book provided by the invigilator only. In case of PwD candidates availing the use of a scribe, assistance in attempting Part-B is not permitted, as the question is aimed to evaluate the candidate’s drawing skill.
- Part-B answer booklets will be collected at the end of the examination.
- Part-B question is mandatory.
- The entire paper (both Part-A and Part-B) must be finished within the time stipulated for each part.
- UCEED 2023 will be held in the following 24 cities in India only:
- Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Dehradun, Delhi, Ernakulam, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Kozhikode, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, Panaji, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Thiruvananthapuram, Thrissur, and Visakhapatnam.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website