UPSC Engineering Services 2019, UPSC ESE Dates, Application, Eligibility
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) Engineering Services 2019 - Engineering Services (UPSC ESE 2019)
UPSC Engineering Services 2019 - Union Public Service Commission has announced the UPSC ESE 2019 Engineering Services (Preliminary - Stage I) Examination, 2019 schedule, and is seeking applications from Engineering Job aspirants from Graduate Engineers. The UPSC Engineering Services examination for 2019 is scheduled to be held on 06th January 2019.
UPSC has opened the application window on 26th September 2018 and candidates can submit their application online on or before 22nd October 2018.
Candidates can get full details regarding this examination like ESE 2019 Exam Dates, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Age Limit, Eligibility Criteria, Educational Qualification, etc. in the page below
Also See : UPSC Exams 2018
UPSC Engineering Services 2019 Vacancy Details
- Recruitment on the results of this examination will be made to the Services/ Posts under the following categories
- Employment Type: Central Govt Jobs
- Name of the Post: Engineering Services Examination
- Job Location: All over India
- Total No. of Vacancies: 581 Posts
- Category I: Civil Engineering
- Category II: Mechanical Engineering
- Category III: Electrical Engineering
- Category IV: Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
- The number of vacancies to be filled on the results of the examination is expected to be approximately 581 including 34 vacancies for the Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD) (23 vacancies for Locomotor Disability including Cerebral Palsy, Leprosy cured, Dwarfism, Acid Attack victims and Muscular Dystrophy & 11 vacancies for Hard of Hearing)
- The number of vacancies is liable to alteration
UPSC Engineering Services 2019 Dates (UPSC ESE Exam Schedule)
- UPSC ESE 2019 Notification Publication: 26th September 2018
- The application starts from: 26th September 2018
- Last Date of Online Application: 22nd October 2018 (06 PM).
- Availability of admit card for the preliminary round: 02nd week of December 2018
- Date of the Preliminary Exam: 06th January 2019
- Declaration of the Preliminary Result: 2nd week of February 2019
- Availability of admit card for the Mains Exam: 01st week of June 2019
- Date of the Mains Exam: 01st week of July 2019
- Personality test or Interview: July 2019
Name of the Posts
A. Category I - Civil Engineering Group-A Services/ Posts:
- Indian Railway Service of Engineers.
- Indian Railway Stores Service (Civil Engineering Posts).
- Central Engineering Service
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service AWM/JTS (Civil Engineering Post)
- Central Engineering Service (Roads), Group‐A (Civil Engineering Posts).
- Survey of India Group ‘A’ Service.
- AEE(Civil) in Border Road Engineering Service.
- Indian Defence Service of Engineers.
- AEE(QS&C) in MES Surveyor Cadre
Category II - Mechanical Engineering
- Indian Railway Service of Mechanical Engineers.
- Indian Railway Stores Service (Mechanical Engineering Posts).
- Central Electrical & Mechanical Engineering Service (Mechanical Engineering Posts).
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service AWM/JTS (Mechanical Engineering Posts).
- Defence Aeronautical Quality Assurance Service/SSO‐II (Mechanical).
- AEE in GSI Engineering Service Gr ‘A’.
- Indian Defence Service of Engineers
- Indian Naval Armament Service (Mechanical Engineering Posts).
- Asst. Naval Store Officer Grade‐I (Mechanical Engineering Posts) in Indian Navy.
- AEE (Mech) in Border Roads Engineering Service.
CATEGORY III - Electrical Engineering
Group ‐A Services/Posts
- Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineers.
- Indian Railway Stores Service (Electrical Engineering Posts).
- Central Electrical & Mechanical Engineering Service (Electrical Engineering Posts).
- Indian Defence Service of Engineers.
- Indian Naval Armament Service (Electrical Engineering Posts).
- Asst. Naval Store Officer Grade‐I (Electrical Engineering Posts) in Indian Navy.
CATEGORY IV - Electronics & D Telecommunication Engineering
- Indian Railway Service of Signal Engineers.
- Indian Railway Stores Service (Telecommunication/Electronics Engineering Posts).
- Indian Radio Regulatory Service Gr ‘A’.
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service AWM/JTS (Electronics and Telecom Engineering Posts)
- Indian Telecommunication Service Gr ‘A’
- Indian Naval Armament Service (Electronics and Telecom Engineering Posts)
- Asst. Naval Store Officer Grade-I(Electronics and Telecom Eng. Posts) in Indian Navy
- Junior Telecom Officer Gr ‘B’
UPSC Engineering Services 2019 Application Process
- Candidates are required to apply online using the link www.upsconline.nic.in. Detailed instructions for filling up online applications are available on the above website
- Candidates are advised to submit only single application. However, if due to any unavoidable situation, if he/she submits another/multiple applications, then he/she must ensure that application with the higher RID is complete in all respects like applicants’ details, exam centre, photograph, signature, fee etc
- Candidates are required to apply Online only by using the website www.upsconline.nic.in (Brief instructions are given in Appendix-II)
- Candidate should have details of one Photo ID Card viz. Aadhaar Card/Voter Card/PAN Card/Passport/Driving Licence/Any other Photo ID Card issued by the State/Central Government
UPSC Engineering Services Exam 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- A candidate must be either (a) a citizen of India, or (b) a subject of Nepal, or (c) a subject of Bhutan, or (d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 01st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or (e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Provided, that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Govt. of India.
- A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be admitted to the exam but the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued by the Govt. of India.
- A candidate for this examination must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on the 01st January 2019 (he/she must have been born not earlier than 02nd January 1989 and not later than 01st January 1998)
- The upper age limit of 30 years will be relaxable upto 35 years in the case of Govt. Servants of the following categories, if they are employed in a department/office under the control of any of the authorities mentioned
- The upper age limit will be further relaxable SC/ST 5 years; OBC 3 years; candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from the 01st January 1980 to the 31st December 1989 - 5 years
- Up to maximum of five years in the case of Ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs, who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on 01st January 2019 and have been released (i) on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due) to be completed within one year from 01st January 2019 otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency
Minimum Educational Qualification
For admission to the examination, a candidate must have:
- obtained a degree in Engineering from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956; or
- passed Sections A and B of the Institution Exams of the Institution of Engineers (India); or
- obtained a degree/diploma in Engineering from such foreign University/College/Institution and under such conditions
- as may be recognised by the Government for the purpose from time to time, or
- passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (India);or
- passed Associate Membership Examination Parts II and III/Sections A and B of the Aeronautical Society of India; or
- passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Radio Engineers, London held after November 1959
- Provided that a candidate for the post of Indian Naval Armament Service (Electronics Engineering Posts) and Indian Radio Regulatory Service Group ‘A’ may possess any of the above qualifications or the qualification mentioned below namely:
- For Indian Naval Armament Service (Electronics Engg. Posts) ‐ M.Sc. degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject.
- For Indian Radio Regulatory Service - M.Sc. degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a subject or Master’s Degree in Science with Physics and Radio Communication or Electronics or Telecommunication as a special subject
- Candidates finally recommended by the Commission on the basis of Engineering Services Examination 2019 shall be required to undergo medical exam.
- Every candidate, on being finally recommended by Commission will be required to undergo medical exam as and when so decided by the Ministry of Railways (Railway Board) irrespective of the fact that he/she has appeared for such medical exam in the past and found fit/unfit on the basis of earlier exam.
- The medical exam will be conducted at various Railway Hospitals under Ministry of Railways (Railway Board)
Selection Process for UPSC Engineering Services Exam 2019
Selection of candidates will be on the basis of three phase selection process, Stage I will be objective type exam for selection of candidates to the Stage II. Main/stage-II) Exam will consist of two conventional type papers in Engineering Discipline specific with duration of three hours and maximum marks of 600
- The Stage-III will consist of Personality Test carrying 200 Marks.
- Stage-I: Engineering Services (Preliminary/Stage-I) Examination (Objective Type Papers)
- Stage-II: Engineering Services (Main/Stage-II) Examination (Conventional Type Papers)
- Stage-III: Personality Test
- As per the recruitment rules of UPSC and concerned Departments, Physical and Medical examination will be conducted before the final selection of candidates
- Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Engineering Services Exam 2019 as per guidelines given in Appendix‐II of the Rules for the Engineering Services Exam 2019 published in the Gazette of India Extraordinary dated 26th September 2018
- Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST/ PH who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs.200/‐either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India
- Applicants who opt for "Pay by cash" mode should print the system generated Pay‐in slip during Part‐II registration and deposit the fee at the counter of SBI Branch on the next working day only. "Pay by cash" mode option will be deactivated at 11.59 PM of 21st December 2018 i.e. one day before the closing date; however, applicants who have generated their Pay‐in‐slip before it is deactivated may pay at the counter of SBI Branch during banking hours on the closing date
- Such applicants who are unable to pay by cash on the closing date i.e. during banking hours to SBI Branch, for reason what so ever, even if holding a valid Pay‐in‐slip, will have no other offline option but to opt for online Debit/Credit Card or Internet Banking Payment mode on the closing date i.e. till 06.00 PM of 22nd October 2018
UPSC Engineering Services Examination 2019 Admit Card
- Admit card is a mandatory document, that candidate should carry at the time of examination. Without Admit Card, the applicant will be prohibited to sit in the exam hall. An applicant can download the Admit Card for IES 2019 from the official website
- UPSC will generate the Admit Cards only for those candidates who have completed the application process completely and on or before the deadline. Check the details mentioned on the admit card carefully, then take out a printed copy of it.