UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Examination 2021 Notification released for 712 Vacancies, Apply now
UPSC Civil Services Exam 2021 – The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has started the recruitment process of Civil Services 2021 with the announcement of application forms for the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination 2021 for approximately 712 vacancies
Candidates can apply from 04th March 2021 till 24th March 2021. Aspirants can check more details for UPSC Civil Services Exam 2021 from the page below.
UPSC Civil Services Exam 2021 Important Dates
Commencement of Submission of the online application – 04th March 2021
Last Date for Submission of the Online Application Process – 24th March 2021
UPSC Civil Services IAS Prelims 2021 Exam Date – 27th June 2021 extended to 10th October, 2021
UPSC Civil Services Exam 2021
- Union Public Service Commission will conduct Preliminary Examination of the Civil Services Exam for recruitment of Services and Posts mentioned below.
Name of the Post
1. Indian Administrative Service (IAS)
2. Indian Foreign Service (IFS)
3. Indian Police Service (IPS)
4. Indian P&T Accounts & Finance Service, Group ‘A’
5. Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
6. Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group ‘A’
7. Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
8. Indian Revenue Service (I.T.), Group ‘A’ (IRS)
9 .Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group ‘A’ (Assistant Works Manager, Adm.)
10. Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’
11. Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
12. Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group ‘A’
13 .Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
14 .Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group ‘A’
15 .Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group ‘A
16 .Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’
17. Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group ‘A’
18 .Indian Trade Service, Group ‘A’ (Gr. III)
19 .Indian Corporate Law Service, Group “A”
20 .Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade)
21 .Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group ‘B
22 .Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service, Group ‘B’
23 .Pondicherry Civil Service, Group ‘B’
24 .Pondicherry Police Service, Group ‘B’
Eligibility Criteria for UPSC Civil Services Exam 2021
- For the Indian Administrative Service and the Indian Police Service, a candidate must be a citizen of India.
- For other services, a candidate must be either:
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India
- Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Govt. of India.
- Provided further that candidates belonging to categories (b), (c) and (d) above will not be eligible for appointment to the Indian Foreign Service
- A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be admitted to the exam but the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him/her by the Govt. of India.
- A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years on the 1st of August 2021 i.e., the candidate must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1989 and not later than 01st August 2000.
- The upper age-limit prescribed above will be relaxable:
- Age relaxation is as follows
- OBC : 3 years
- SC & ST : 5 years
- PWD : 10 years
- Candidate must hold a degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section-3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification
- Candidates who have appeared at an examination the passing of which would render them educationally qualified for the Commission’s exam but have not been informed of the results as also the candidates who intend to appear at such a qualifying exam will also be eligible for admission to the Preliminary Exam.
- All candidates who are declared qualified by the Commission for taking the Civil Services (Main) Exam will be required to produce proof of passing the requisite exam with their application for the Main.
- Examination failing which such candidates will not be admitted to the Main Exam
- Candidates possessing professional and technical qualifications, which are recognised by the Govt. as equivalent to a professional and technical degree, would also be eligible for admission to the exam.
Number of Attempts
|SC & ST||Till the age limit|
|PWD||9 (OBC), SC/ST (Till the age limit)|
UPSC Civil Services Exam 2021 Application Process
- Online application form to be available from 04th March 2021 on https://upsconline.nic.in only.
- Candidates applying for the examination should ensure their eligibility criteria for appearing in Civil Services Exam 2021. Aspirants can check details on the official website www.upsc.gov.in.
- Candidates are required to apply Online by using the website www.upsconline.nic.in
- Online Applications can be filled up till 04th March 2021.
- Detailed instructions for filling up online applications are available on the above-mentioned website.
- GEN/OBC : Rs 100
- SC/ST/PH/Women : Nil
- Candidates (except Female/SC/ST/Persons with Benchmark Disability Candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay fee of Rs. 100/- either by remitting the money in any Branch of State Bank of India or by using Visa/Master/RuPay Credit/Debit Card or by using Internet Banking of SBI.
- Selection procedure of civil services exam 2021 will be completed in two stages – Preliminary Exam (MCQ type), Mains Exam (descriptive type) and Personal Interview.
- Qualified candidates of preliminary examination will be called for the Mains Exam followed by personal interview for final selection.
UPSC Civil Services Exam 2021 Exam Pattern
|Paper||Total Ques.||Marks||Time Duration|
|Paper 1 General Studies||100||200||2 Hours|
|Paper 2: GS (CSAT)||80||200||2 Hours|
|Paper||Name of Paper||Time Duration||Marks|
|Paper A||Indian language (objective)||3 Hours||300|
|Paper B||English (objective)||3 Hours||300|
|Paper I||Essay||3 Hours||250|
|Paper II||General Studies I||3 Hours||250|
|Paper III||General Studies II||3 Hours||250|
|Paper IV||General Studies III||3 Hours||250|
|Paper V||General Studies IV||3 Hours||250|
|Paper VI||Optional Paper I||3 Hours||250|
|Paper VII||Optional Paper II||3 Hours||250|
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website