UPSC CSE 2022 Registration Started, Apply Now
UPSC Civil Services Exam 2022 – The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has started the recruitment process of Civil Services 2022 with the announcement of application forms for the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination 2022 for approximately 861 vacancies
Candidates can apply from 02nd February 2022 till 22nd February 2022. Aspirants can check more details for UPSC Civil Services Exam 2022 from the page below.
UPSC Civil Services Exam Dates 2022
- Registrations begin: February 02nd, 2022
- Registrations End: February 22nd, 2022
- UPSC CSE Admit Card 2022: Tentatively by May 10th, 2022
- UPSC CSE 2022 Exam Date: June 05th, 2022
- Result for Prelims: Tentatively by June 30th, 2022
UPSC Civil Services Exam 2022
- Union Public Service Commission will conduct Preliminary Examination of the Civil Services Exam for recruitment of Services and Posts mentioned below.
Name of the Post
- Indian Administrative Service (IAS)
- Indian Foreign Service (IFS)
- Indian Police Service (IPS)
- Indian P&T Accounts & Finance Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group ‘A’
- Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Revenue Service (I.T.), Group ‘A’ (IRS)
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group ‘A’ (Assistant Works Manager, Adm.)
- Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group ‘A’
- Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group ‘A
- Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group ‘A’
- Indian Trade Service, Group ‘A’ (Gr. III)
- Indian Corporate Law Service, Group “A”
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade)
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group ‘B
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service, Group ‘B’
- Pondicherry Civil Service, Group ‘B’
- Pondicherry Police Service, Group ‘B’
UPSC Civil Services Exam Eligibility Criteria 2022
- For the Indian Administrative Service and the Indian Police Service, a candidate must be a citizen of India.
- For other services, a candidate must be either:
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India
- Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Govt. of India.
- Provided further that candidates belonging to categories (b), (c) and (d) above will not be eligible for appointment to the Indian Foreign Service
- A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be admitted to the exam but the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him/her by the Govt. of India.
- Candidate must hold a degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section-3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification
- Candidates who have appeared at an examination the passing of which would render them educationally qualified for the Commission’s exam but have not been informed of the results as also the candidates who intend to appear at such a qualifying exam will also be eligible for admission to the Preliminary Exam.
- All candidates who are declared qualified by the Commission for taking the Civil Services (Main) Exam will be required to produce proof of passing the requisite exam with their application for the Main.
- Candidates possessing professional and technical qualifications, which are recognised by the Govt. as equivalent to a professional and technical degree, would also be eligible for admission to the exam.
- Candidates’ age limit should be Minimum 21 years and Maximum 37 years
- The upper age-limit prescribed above will be relaxable:
Age relaxation is as follows
- OBC: 3 years
- SC & ST: 5 years
- PWD: 10 years
Number of Attempts
- General – 6
- EWS – 6
- OBC – 9
- SC & ST – Till the age limit
- PWD – 9 (OBC), SC/ST (Till the age limit)
UPSC Civil Services Exam Application Process 2022
- Online application form to be available from 02nd February 2022 on https://upsconline.nic.in only.
- Candidates applying for the examination should ensure their eligibility criteria for appearing in Civil Services Exam 2022. Aspirants can check details on the official website www.upsc.gov.in.
- Detailed instructions for filling up online applications are available on the above-mentioned website.
- GEN/OBC: Rs 100/-
- SC/ST/PH/Women: Nil
- Candidates (except Female/SC/ST/Persons with Benchmark Disability Candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay fee of Rs. 100/- either by remitting the money in any Branch of State Bank of India or by using Visa/Master/RuPay Credit/Debit Card or by using Internet Banking of SBI.
- Selection procedure of civil services exam 2022 will be completed in two stages – Preliminary Exam (MCQ type), Mains Exam (descriptive type) and Personal Interview
- Qualified candidates of preliminary examination will be called for the Mains Exam followed by a personal interview for final selection.
UPSC CSE 2022 Exam Pattern
|Paper||Total Ques.||Marks||Time Duration|
|Paper 1 General Studies||100||200||2 Hours|
|Paper 2: GS (CSAT)||80||200||2 Hours|
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website