The article gives an overview of notice writing for Class 12 students, including its definition, purpose, and guidelines. A notice is a written or printed announcement used to inform a large number of people about an event or important information. The article on Notice Writing for Class 12 explains the format of notice writing, which includes the name of the institution or issuing authority, the notice title, date, and writer’s name with designation. Additionally, it emphasizes the importance of including necessary details such as the issuing agency’s name, date of issue, event subject, date/time/duration/place/venue, and the authorized signatory’s name, signature, and contact details. At the end of the post you will find examples of Notice Writing based on previous years Class 12 Question Papers
Notice Writing Format for Class 12 Topics, and Examples
What is a notice?
A notice is a written or printed announcement (Example – a notice for sale). It is written in order to inform a large number of people about something that has happened or is about to happen.
It could be an upcoming event, competition, Lost, and found notice or just a piece of information to be delivered to the targeted audience. It is generally written in a formal tone.
Notices are factual and to-the-point. The language used is simple and formal, not flowery. They are put up on display boards in schools or in public places.
How to write a notice?
Let us discuss Notice Writing, how to write a notice in English. As a question on notice writing is a part of English writing skills for Class 12. The CBSE has prescribed a format of notice writing to be followed by students. The Notice Writing Format is as follows-
Notice Writing Format
Format of Notice Writing – The Notice should include NAME OF THE INSTITUTION / ISSUING AUTHORITY / NOTICE / TITLE, DATE, and WRITER’S NAME WITH DESIGNATION.
A notice should contain all the necessary details such as:
- Name of the issuing agency (school, etc)
- Date of issue/release of the notice
- Title/Subject of the Event (what?)
- BODY-Date/time/duration/Place/Venue (when and where?)
- Authorized signatory: Name and signature (contact details)
Related – Letter Writing, Format, Example, Samples
Name of the issuing agency/authority
Title/Subject of the Event
Format of Notice – image
Notice Writing Topics
Notice Writing Topics – A Notice can be written for various reasons. The format of notice writing remains the same in all cases. Here is a list of topics for notice writing that students must prepare-
- A competition
- An excursion trip
- A lost and found notice
- An inauguration to take place
- An exhibition
- A blood donation camp to be held
Or any such type of event or information to be issued in public interest.
Related – Job Application
Notice writing Class 12
In the class 12 CBSE examination, choices will be given to attempt any one question out of the given two Short Answer Questions of notice writing (4 marks each)
Notice Writing Class 12 – Marks Breakup
The breakup of 4 marks for class 12 notice writing (English writing skills) as per CBSE guidelines is as follows:
Notice writing Tips
Please follow the given tips while attempting a question based on Notice writing format for Class 12 English writing skills paper –
- Do not cross the word limit to avoid the penalty of marks. The prescribed word limit is 50 words.
- Repetition of any information should be avoided.
- Always enclose the notice in a box. Make sure you draw the box with a pencil.
- Keep your notice short, crisp and to-the-point.
- Highlight the word “NOTICE” and “TITLE”. It can be either bold or underlined.
- The title should be captivating and eye-catching.
- Don’t make hypothetical information and facts. Make use of what’s given in the question.
- Make sure you do not mention your personal information.
- Make use of all the available information in the question.
- Your answer shall include answers to all the 5 W’s – What, Why, When, Where and Who.
- The purpose for which it is being written should be stated clearly.
- Focus on presentation and clarity.
Notice Writing Examples
Notice Writing Examples – Here we will see questions for notice writing that are asked in exams. Students can take help of these solved questions and examples of notice writing format.
Class 12 Notice Writing Samples
Question 1: Water supply will be suspended for eight hours (10 am to 6 pm) on 6th of March for cleaning of the water tank. Write a notice in about 50 words advising the residents to store water for a day. You are Karan Kumar/Karuna Bajaj, Secretary, Janata Group Housing Society, Palam Vihar, Kurnool.
Janata Group Housing Society, Palam Vihar, Kurnool.
March 01, 201X
This notice is to inform all the residents regarding the suspension of water supply for 8 hours. It is being done to clean the water tank. The details are as follows:
Karan Kumar/ Karuna Bajaj
SUGGESTED VALUE POINTS AS PER CBSE MARKING SCHEME-
[Any other relevant title]
– what – suspension of water supply for 8 hours
– when – 6th March; 10am – 6pm
– where – Society
– reasons for cut – cleaning of water tank
– steps to be taken – store water
– any other relevant details
Notice writing Question on Lost and Found
Question 2: While walking in a park in your neighbourhood you found a small plastic bag containing some documents and some cash. Write a notice in about 50 words to be put on the park notice board asking the owner to identify and collect it from you. You are Amar/Amrita 9399123456.
March 01, 20XX
This is to inform all the readers that a plastic bag has been found in the neighbourhood park. It has a few documents and some cash in it. The plastic bag is red in colour and is medium-sized. It was found on February 27, at around 6pm near the fountain in the park. The owner of the bag shall contact me on 9399123456 along with an identity proof. Thank youAmar/Amrita
SUGGESTED VALUE POINTS AS PER CBSE MARKING SCHEME-
Heading : [LOST & FOUND / FOUND / any other relevant title]
-What – plastic bag with documents and cash
-When – date & approx. time
-Where – park
-description of bag- colour, material, size -owner to claim with identifying details -Contact details- AMAR/ AMRITA -Phone no. – 9399123456
(any other relevant detail)
Notice writing Question related to inviting articles for School Magazine
Question 3: You are Asma/Ashish, the head girl/boy of XYZ international school. Your school is soon going to publish the annual magazine next month. Write a notice for the notice board of your school inviting students to submit write-ups.
XYZ INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
This is to inform all the students that our school is going to publish its annual magazine next month. All those who wish to contribute can mail their entries to [email protected]. Write-ups will be accepted latest by March 30,2019 till 11:59 pm. You can take any topic of your choice. For further information, contact your respective class teachers.
Question 4: You are Ruhi/Rahul, head girl/boy of ABC convent school. Your school is going to organize an inter-school singing competition. Write a notice for your school notice board inviting names of all the interested students.
INTER-SCHOOL SINGING COMPETITION
Our school is organising an Inter-school Singing Competition on March 19, 2019; Tuesday at 12pm in the school auditorium. More than 20 schools from all over the city will participate. Interested students may contact the undersigned latest by March 10, 2019.
Q5. What is the format of a Notice?
The format of the notice which students can follow in exam is as follows:
Name of the Notice issuing authority (School/Institution/Organisation)
Date of notice issue
Title or Subject of Notice
Body of the Notice: In the content or body of the notice should be able to answer the following questions:
(c) Target audience
(d) Goal or agenda
Signature of the issuing person
Name & Designation of the issuing person
Notice Writing Extra Questions
Q1. List down the various topics for which notice can be written.
- There are various topics on which notice can be written which are as follows:
- Participation for annual sports day
- Festival celebration
- Change in examination date
- Lost and Found items
- Blood donation drive
- Celebration of important days (Example; Teacher’s day, Independence day etc.)
- Change in school timings
- Charity drives
- Misplaced items
- Cleanliness drives
- Plantation drives
- Sports trials
- Cultural program
- Various competitions
- School excursions
- Award ceremony
- Fund raising
- Shows and events
- Free camps for the needy
- Lecture by the guest
- Governing body meeting
- Inaugural ceremonies
- Carnivals and fests
- Invitation of articles for school magazine
- Warning for the violations of rules
- Registration for admission
- Sale and purchase of items
- Sports team selection
- School and college visits (Example; Museums, Parks etc.)
- Volunteer work
Q2. What is the process of writing a notice?
The process by which students can effectively write a notice is as follows:
Step 1 – Write the name of the body or organization which is issuing the notice.
Step 2 – Write the title ‘Notice’ below issuing authority.
Step 3 – Write a relevant heading in accordance to the subject of the notice.
Step 4 – Write the date on which the notice is being issued.
Step 5 – Write the body of the notice
Step 6 – Mention the writer’s signature, name (in block letters), and designation.
Q3. Give some examples of notice writing questions for class 12.
Here are some instances of the questions that can be asked in exams. Students can take help of these solved questions and examples of notice writing format.
1. You are the Head of the Literature Club in your school. Write a notice informing the students that a book fair is being organised on the occasion of the World Book Day under 50 words.
2.You are the owner of a stationery shop. Due to insufficient number of customers and low income and profit rates, you have decided to shut down your store. Write a notice informing all the customers about the same and the discount offered on the products.
3. You are the Principal of Happy Learning School. Write a notice informing all students about the upcoming summer vacations.
- 10 examples of Notice Writing
- Invitation and Reply Writing
- 10 Examples of Invitation and Reply Writing
- Article Writing
- 10 Examples of Article Writing
- CBSE Class 12 English Notes, Lesson Explanation, Question Answers
- CBSE Class 12 English MCQ Question Answers
- Class 12 English Flamingo Book Chapter wise word meaning
- Class 12 English Flamingo Poems Word meaning
- Class 12 English Vistas Book Word meanings
- CBSE Class 12 English Important Question Answers
- Character Sketch of Class 12 English