TANCET for Admission to MBA, MCA and ME/M.Tech /M.Arch /M.Plan Degree Programs 2022-23, Apply Now
TANCET 2022 – Applications are invited from the candidates for Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET) 2022 to be conducted by Anna University, Chennai on behalf of the Government of Tamil Nadu for admission to M.B.A., M.C.A., and M.E. / M.Tech. / M.Arch. / M.Plan. Degree Programmes for the academic year 2022-23
The Courses offered at University Departments, University Colleges of Engineering, Regional Campuses of Anna University, Annamalai University, Government and Government Aided Colleges (Engineering, Arts & Science Colleges) and Self-financing Colleges (Engineering, Arts & Science Colleges including stand-alone Institutions) in Tamil Nadu can be registered only through Online. Some Universities and Self-Financing Engineering Colleges may also opt to admit the candidates on the basis of scores obtained in TANCET 2022.
TANCET 2022 Dates
- Commencement of Registration of Application : 30th March 2022
- Last date for Registration of Application :
18th April 2022 [Closes by 4.00 pm]Extended to April 21
- Downloading of Hall Tickets : May 02, 2022 [Tentatively]
Exam Dates & Timings
- M.C.A : 14th May 2022 (Saturday) [10.00 AM To 12.00 NOON]
- M.B.A : 14th May 2022 (Saturday) [2.30 PM To 4.30 PM]
- M.E. / M.Tech. / M.Arch. / M.Plan. : 15th May 2022 (Sunday) [10.00 AM To 12.00 NOON]
- Master of Business Administration (M.B.A)
- Master of Computer Applications (M.C.A)
- Master of Engineering (M.E.) / Master of Technology (M.Tech.)
- Master of Architecture (M.Arch.) / Master of Planning (M.Plan.)
Name of the Institution offering the Courses
MBA Degree Program & MCA Degree Program offered at
- University Departments of Anna University, Chennai – 25, Anna University Regional Campuses and University Colleges of Engineering.
- Annamalai University
- Government & Government Aided Engineering Colleges and Arts & Science Colleges.
- Self-financing Colleges (Engineering, Arts & Science Colleges including stand-alone Institutions) under Government Quota and seats voluntarily surrendered by the Self-financing Colleges in Tamil Nadu for admission through Single-Window System.
M.E./M.TECH/M.ARCH./M.PLAN. Degree Programmes offered at
- University Departments of Anna University, Chennai – 25, Anna University Regional Campuses and University Colleges of Engineering
- Annamalai University
- Government & Government Aided Engineering Colleges
- Self-financing Engineering Colleges for the seats voluntarily surrendered for admission through single window counselling.
TANCET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- A pass in a recognised Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 years duration and obtained at least 50% (45% in the case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in the qualifying degree examination. (or) (or) * (or) (ii)
- (a) 10 + 2 + 3 / 4 /5 years pattern
- (b) 10 + 3 years Diploma +3 years pattern (or) (c) B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Arch. / B.Pharm.
- (d) (i) 10 + 2 + AMIE & (ii) 10 + 3 years diploma (awarded by the State Board of Technical Education) + AMIE
- Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 years duration with mathematics at 10 + 2 level or at the Graduate level and obtained at least 50% (45% in case of candidates belonging to the reserved category) in the qualifying degree exam.
(a) 10 + 2 + 3 / 4 / 5 years Pattern
(b) 10 + 3 years Diploma + 3 years Pattern
(c) 10 + 2 + AMIE & 10 + 3 years diploma (awarded by the State Board of Technical Education) + AMIE
For M.E. / M.Tech. /M.Arch./M.Plan.
- A pass in a recognised Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in the relevant field and obtained at least 50% (45% in the case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in the qualifying degree examination.
- B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Arch. Degree Programmes
- B.Pharm. Degree Programmes
- Master’s Degree in the relevant branch of Science / Arts, which are prescribed.
- 10 + 2 + AMIE & 10 + 3 years diploma (awarded by the State Board of Technical Education) + AMIE
- Candidates appearing for the final semester/year of examination of the said qualifying degree course except courses offered by Professional Institution’s like AMIE, during April/May 2022 may also apply for TANCET 2022.
- Candidates who have a valid GATE 2020, GATE 2021 and GATE 2022 score with qualifying marks for assistantship in the appropriate discipline of Engineering / Technology should appear for TANCET 2022 also.
- Candidates admitted through Lateral Entry in degree courses are not eligible except, B.E./B.Tech. and M.C.A degree courses.
- Candidates with B.E./B.Tech. Degrees obtained through Distance / Weekend mode Programmes are not eligible.
- Candidates with Degree obtained without studying 10th Std., 12th Std. or 3 years Diploma and 3/4/5 years degree programme are not eligible
TANCET 2022 Application Process
- Interested Candidates can apply online mode only through the official website https://tancet.annauniv.edu/
- Candidates can register through online only by filling-up the application and submitting the same along with a good quality recently taken photograph.
Steps to be followed for Registration :
- Step 1- Click the TANCET Registration link.
- Step 2- Click the Register Button
- Step 3- Provide the required information and press the Submit button.
- Step 4- Now, it directs to the payment page. Make a payment online. Follow the instructions. Those who wish to avail fee concession under SC/ST/SCA categories from TAMIL NADU must upload their community certificate, which is subject to scrutiny; and if found wrong, the application will be rejected. Those who do not have the required certificate can opt for the skip option while uploading the community certificate, and in that case the candidate has to make full payment.
- Step 5- On successful payment, it directs to pages related to other relevant details required for the examination. Follow the instructions and enter the details.
- Step 6- At the end, it asks for the confirmation of the details provided. Now, verify the details and confirm.
- Step 7- On confirming the details, it directs to a page where you can take printouts of your application. Take a printout of the application for your reference.
- Step 8 – The registration is successfully completed only if you are able to take the printout of your application. Otherwise, check the status of your application and proceed as instructed.
Entrance Test Fee
Entrance Test Fee for all Programs
- For General candidates -Rs. 800/-
- For SC /SCA /ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu – Rs. 400/-
For each additional program
- For General candidates – Rs. 800/-
- For SC /SCA /ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu – Rs. 400/-
Mode of Payment
- Online through Credit Card/Debit Card (ATM Card), Net Banking
Hall Ticket and Score Card
- All the candidates should download the hall tickets from the Anna University website.
- The Registration Number assigned in the Hall Ticket should be entered at the appropriate place in the admission application form to be filed with the respective admitting authority later.
- Hall Ticket should be produced at the time of Entrance Test and also at the time of Admission. If the hall ticket is lost after the test, a duplicate hall ticket can be obtained on payment of 100/- in the form of a Demand Draft, with a written request to The Secretary (TANCET), Anna University, Chennai – 600 025 indicating the Registration No. / Application No. and the name of the Examination Centre.
- Score Card should be downloaded from the website by the candidates within 10 days from the date of publication of results of the entrance test. The score card should be produced at the time of admission. If the score card is lost, a duplicate score card can be obtained on payment of 100/- in the form of a Demand Draft, with a written request to The Secretary (TANCET), Anna University, Chennai – 600 025. Demand Draft should be drawn in favour of “The Secretary (TANCET), Anna University” payable at Chennai.
TANCET 2022 Exam Pattern
- Mode of the Exam : Offline mode (Pen-paper based test)
- Duration of the exam : 2 hours
- Types of Questions : Multiple Choice Question
- No. of questions : 100 question for MBA programmes
- No. of questions : 100 question for MCA programmes
- No. of questions for M.E. / M.Tech. / M.Arch / M.Plan
- Part I : 20 Questions
- Part II : 35 Questions
- Part III : 60 Questions
- Marking Scheme : 1 Mark for every correct answer
- Negative marks : 1/3 marks will be reduced for every wrong answer
TANCET 2022 Syllabus
- For MBA : The question paper will have the following sections
- Evaluate the candidate’s ability to identify critically the data and apply the data to business decisions from given typical business situations.
- Evaluate the skill of the candidate in answering questions based on the passages in the comprehension.
- Evaluate the skill on solving mathematical problems at graduate level including those learnt in plus two or equivalent level.
- Test on determining data sufficiency for answering certain questions using the given data and the knowledge of mathematics and use of day-to-day facts.
- Test the knowledge on written English with questions on errors in usage, grammar, punctuation, etc.,
- For MCA : The question paper shall be based on the i) Quantitative ability, ii) Analytical reasoning, iii) Logical reasoning iv) Computer awareness. A few questions may also be on verbal activity, basic science, etc.
- For M.E./ M.Tech./ M.Arch./ M.Plan. : The question paper will have three parts. Part-I and Part-II are compulsory and under Part-III the candidates have to answer the section which has been chosen at the time of registration. If a candidate appears for a different section, Part – III will not be evaluated.
- The syllabi for the entrance test are available at https://tancet.annauniv.edu/tancet/. The questions will be set at the undergraduate level,
- The entrance test will be held at the following cities:
- Chennai, Coimbatore, Chidambaram, Dindigul, Erode, Karaikudi, Madurai, Nagercoil, Salem, Thanjavur, Tirunelveli, Tiruchirappalli, Vellore, Villupuram
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website
Related Links –
- Latest Admission Notifications and Dates 2022
- Entrance Exams – Engineering, Medical, LAW, Bank and More
- State Entrance Exams 2022