National Board of Examinations in Medical Sciences begins Registration Process for Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE) 2023 Screening Test for December Session, Apply now
FMGE 2023 – National Board of Examinations in Medical Sciences (NBEMS) invites applications for Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE) – December 2023 Session. Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE) is a national-level entrance exam. The exam is conducted by the National Board of Examinations (NBE) twice every year in the months of June & December. FMGE is a mandatory examination required to be undertaken by all Indian citizens or Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) cardholders who have pursued their medical education abroad and plan to practice in India by obtaining a provisional or permanent registration with the Medical Council of India (MCI) or any State Medical Council. Read the post below for more details on FMGE 2023 Screening Test.
Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE) 2023
- Online Submission of Applications : 23rd November 2023 (3 PM Onwards) to 13th December 2023 (Till 11:55 PM)
- Edit Window for All Payment Success Applications : 15th December to 18th December 2023
- Final Edit Window : 29th December 2023 to 1st January 2024
- Opportunity to rectify deficiencies related to documents upload in the application: Portal will be closed on 1st January 2024 at 11:55 PM
- Final opportunity to rectify deficiencies related to documents upload in the application : 5th January 2024 (11AM onwards) to 8th January 2024 (Till 11:55 PM)
- Issue of Admit Card : 12th January 2024
- Examination Date : 20th January 2024
- Declaration of Result : By 20th February 2024
- The candidate must meet/fulfill the following criteria:
- He / She is a citizen of India or Overseas Citizen of India.
- The candidate should possess a primary medical qualification, which is confirmed by the Indian Embassy concerned, to be a recognized qualification for enrolment as medical practitioner in the country in which the institution awarding the said qualification is situated.
- The result of the final examination for the said primary medical qualification should have been declared on or before 31st October 2023.
- Candidates must note that it is mandatory for them to submit proof /documentary evidence that clearly establishes that the result of the final examination for such a primary medical qualification was declared on or before the cut-off date i.e. 31th Oct. 2023. The document submitted must confirm that the candidate has successfully completed all required courses of the primary medical courses with eligible results as per requirement of the institution concerned.
- In the event that the proof /documentary evidence submitted by the candidate does not clearly establish that the result of the final examination of his primary medical qualification was not declared on or before 31st Oct. 2023, the candidature shall be cancelled and the candidate shall be declared as ineligible.
- Candidates are advised to read the Information Bulletin carefully for eligibility criteria, fee structure, scheme of examination and instructions regarding submission of online application form
- Application form for FMGE December 2023 can only be submitted online at https://nbe.edu.in from 23th November 2023 (03 PM Onwards) to 13th December 2023 (Till 06:00 PM)
- There is no other methodology for application submission. Application submitted through any other mode shall be summarily rejected.
- Examination Fee : Rs.6000/-; GST @ 1080%
- Total Amount Payable : Rs.7080/-
- Mode of Payment: Online through Credit Card/ Debit Card/Net Banking
FMGE Dec. 2023 Exam Pattern
- Mode of Exam: Online mode (computer based test)
- Language: English language only
- Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Types of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
- No. of Questions: 300 questions
- FMGE is divided into two parts of 150 questions each with a time allocation of 150 minutes for each part. There is a scheduled break between the two parts.
- Marking Scheme: There shall be no negative marking
- The tentative list of cities where FMGE December 2023 session shall be conducted is as follows:
- 1 Ahmedabad, 2 Aizawl, 3 Ajmer, 4 Aligarh , 5 Bengaluru, 6 Bhilai Nagar, 7 Bhopal, 8 Bhubaneswar, 9 Bikaner, 10 Chennai, 11 Coimbatore, 12 Delhi NCR, 13 Ernakulum , 14 Guntur , 15 Hamirpur , 16 Hyderabad , 17 Jalandhar ,18 Jammu,19 Jodhpur , 20 Kannur , 21 Kohima , 22 Kolkata , 23 Kollam, 24 Kottayam, 25 Kozhikode, 26 Lucknow, 27 Madurai, 28 Mangaluru, 29 Meerut, 30 Mehsana, 31 Mumbai, 32 Nagpur, 33 Patna, 34 Pune, 35 Rajkot, 36 Shillong, 37 Sikar, 38 Surat, 39 Tiruchirappalli, 40 Tirunelveli, 41 Tirupathi , 42 Udupi, 43 Vadodara, 44 Vellore, 45 Visakhapatnam
FMGE 2023 Admit Card
- Admit cards shall be made live on National Board of Examination website https://natboard.edu.in on 12th January 2024. Admit cards will not be issued to candidates found ineligible before the conduct of the examination.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website