KEAM 2019, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Application Form, Syllabus
KEAM 2019 Notification for Admission to Engineering, Architecture, Pharmacy, Medical & Allied Courses
KEAM 2019 - Government of Kerala announced KEAM 2019 Entrance Examinations for admission to the Courses Engineering, Architecture, MBBS, BDS, Ayurveda, Homeo, Siddha, Agriculture Forestry, Veterinary and Fisheries Kerala.
KEAM 2019 Notification
- Admission to the following Degree Courses in various Professional Colleges in the State for the year 2019-20. The Professional Degree Courses 2019, which has been approved by the Govt. of Kerala, is published herewith.
Courses Offered at KEAM 2019
- (i) MBBS (ii) BDS (iii) BHMS (Homoeo) (iv) BAMS (Ayurveda) (v) BSMS (Siddha) (vi) BUMS (Unani)
B. Allied Courses
- (i) BSc. (Hons.) Agriculture (ii) BSc. (Hons.) Forestry (iii) Veterinary (BVSc. & AH) (iv) Fisheries (BFSc.)
- B.Tech. [including B.Tech. (Agri. Engg.) & B.Tech. (Food Engg., & Tech.) Courses under the Kerala Agricultural University, B.Tech. (Dairy Technology) & B.Tech. (Food Technology) courses under the Kerala Veterinary & Animal Sciences University, B.Tech. (Food Technology) course under the Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Studies].
- B.Arch. (No Entrance Examination. Admission is based on merit as assessed by equal weightage to NATA Score and marks/grades in the Qualifying Examination)
- The rules and regulations for selection and admission to the following professional degree courses conducted by the various authorities within the State of Kerala.
- Bachelor of Technology [(B.Tech.) includes all Courses listed in Annexure II (1)(b)]
- B.Tech. (Agricultural Engineering) [B.Tech. (Agri. Engg.)]
- B.Tech. (Food Engineering & Technology) [B.Tech. (Food Engg. & Tech)]
- B.Tech. (Dairy Technology)
- B.Tech. (Food Technology) [B.Tech. (Food Tech)]
- B.Arch. (Bachelor of Architecture)
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
- Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
- Bachelor of Siddha Medicine and Surgery (BSMS)
- Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS)
- Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery (BUMS)
Agriculture & Forestry Courses
- Bachelor of Science-Agriculture [BSc. (Hons.) Agri.]
- Bachelor of Science-Forestry [BSc. (Hons.) Forestry]
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry (BVSc. & AH)
- Bachelor of Fisheries Science (BFSc.)
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm)
- Admission to Engineering Courses shall be regulated on the basis of merit as assessed by giving equal weightage of 50:50 to the marks obtained in the Entrance Exam for Engineering (Paper I & Paper II put together), and the grade/marks obtained for Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together in the final year of the qualifying exam, after effecting the standardization procedure as described in Clause 9.7.4
- For admissions to the Architecture course*, the merit as assessed by giving equal weightage to the marks obtained in the NATA conducted by the Council of Architecture (COA), and the grade/marks in the qualifying exam will be the criterion.
- Admission to Medical Courses, Agriculture, Forestry, Veterinary and Fisheries courses are regulated on the basis of merit as assessed in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET-UG 2019) conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
- Admission to the B.Pharm course is regulated on the basis of marks obtained in the Paper-I (Physics & Chemistry) of the Kerala Engineering Entrance Exam and the rank list prepared based on this as in clause 9.7.4(f).
Also See: Engineering Entrance Exams 2019
Duration the Courses
- MBBS, BDS, BHMS, BAMS, BUMS: 4½ years (Compulsory rotating internship 12-months)
- BSMS: 5 years (Compulsory rotating internship 6-months)
- B.Sc. (Hons) Agri, BFSc, Forestry, B.Tech: 4 years (Compulsory rotating internship 1 semester)
- B.V.Sc & A.H: 5 years (Compulsory rotating internship 6-months)
- B.Tech: 4 years (8 Semester)
- B.Arch: 5 years (10 Sem) (Compulsory rotating internship 6-months)
KEAM 2019 Exam Dates
- Online Application Submission from 03rd February 2019
- Last Date for Submission of Online Application including Fee Payment 28th February 2019 (05.00 PM)
- Last Date for Online Submission of Supporting Documents: 31st March 2019
- Downloading Online Admit Cards from 10th April 2019
- Date & Time of Engineering Entrance Exam:
- Physics & Chemistry (Paper-I): 22nd April 2019, 10.00 am to 12.30 pm
- Mathematics (Paper-II): 23rd April 2019, 10.00 am to 12.30 pm
- Venue of Exam: As indicated in the Admit Card
- Time Schedule for the Examination (IST): Engg Paper-I & Paper-II
- Entry to the Examination Hall: 9.30 am
- Distribution of Question Booklet: 9.55 am
- Opening of the Question Booklet and Commencement of Exam: 10.00 am
- Latest entry to the Examination Hall: 10.30 AM
- Conclusion of Examination: 12.30 PM
- Declaration of Results:
- Result of Engineering Entrance Exam On or before 25th May 2019
- Engineering, Architecture, MBBS/BDS, Medical & Allied and Ayurveda Rank Lists on or before 20th June 2019
- Centralised Allotment Process (CAP-2019): See Clause 11
Also See: Top Architecture Entrance Exams in India
Eligibility Criteria for KEAM 2019
- Only Indian citizens are eligible for admission to Professional courses unless otherwise notified. Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)/ Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) will also be treated at par with Indian citizens for the limited purpose of admission. However, PIO/OCI candidates will not be eligible for any kind of reservation.
- Candidates seeking admission to Professional courses will be categorised as Keralite, Non-Keralite Category I (NK I) and Non-Keralite Category II (NK II).
- A candidate of Kerala origin will be categorised as a ‘Keralite’. Only ‘Keralite’ candidates are eligible for Communal/Special/Persons with Disabilities reservation or any fee concession. Children of All India Service (AIS) officers (Non-Keralites) allotted to Kerala cadre are deemed to be ‘Keralites’. But they will not be eligible for Communal/Special/ Persons with Disabilities reservation or any fee concession.
- In order to prove that a candidate is an Indian Citizen of Kerala origin, he/she has to upload a certificate showing that the candidate or his/her father or mother was born in Kerala.
Non-Keralite Category I (NK I):
- A candidate who is not of Kerala origin but fulfils anyone of the following conditions will be categorised as 'Non-Keralite Category I'(NK I).
- (a) A candidate who has undergone qualifying course in Kerala and who is son/daughter of Non-Keralite parents belong to Govt. of India/Defence Service, posted to Kerala.
- (b) A candidate who has undergone qualifying course in Kerala and who is son/daughter of Non-Keralite parents who are serving/served Govt. of Kerala for a minimum period of two years.
Non-Keralite Category II [NK II]:
- Candidates who do not come under ‘Keralite’ or 'Non-Keralite Category I' will be categorised as ‘Non-Keralite Category II'. Such candidates are eligible for admission to Govt. Seats and Management quota seats in Engineering courses in Govt. Controlled Self-financing Colleges.
- However, the ‘Non-Keralite Category II’ (NK II) candidates will be considered for admission to the Govt. Seats in Govt. Controlled Self Financing Engineering Colleges only when the Keralite and Non-Keralite I (NK I) candidates are not available for admission.
Medical & Allied Courses
- Medical Courses consist of MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BHMS, BSMS and BUMS courses and Allied courses consist of B.Sc. (Hons)Agriculture, B.Sc. (Hons) Forestry, BVSc. & AH and BFSc Courses.
For MBBS, BDS, BSMS
- Candidates who have passed in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology in the Higher Secondary Exam of the Board of Higher Secondary Education, Kerala, or exams recognised equivalent thereto, with 50% marks in Biology/Biotechnology separately, and 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology put together, are eligible.
- In the absence of Biology, Biotechnology will be considered as a subject for academic eligibility.
Also See: Dental College Entrance Exams 2019
For BAMS/ BHMS Courses
- Candidates who have passed in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Biology in the Higher Secondary exam of the Board of Higher Secondary Education, Kerala, or exams recognised equivalent thereto, with 50% marks in Biology separately, and 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology put together, are eligible.
- Biotechnology will not be considered as a subject for academic eligibility.
For BUMS Course
- Candidates seeking admission to main Kamil-E-Tib-Wa-Jarahat (Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery-BUMS) course must have passed in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Biology in the Intermediate (10+2) or its equivalent exam with 50% aggregate marks in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Biology and 50% marks in Biology separately and the candidate should have passed (a) 10th standard with Urdu or Arabic or Persian language as a subject or clear the test of Urdu in the Entrance Exam conducted by the University or Board or Registered Society authorized by the Govt. to conduct such exam; or (b) pre-Tib examination of one year duration.
For B.Sc. (Hons.) Agri., B.Sc. (Hons) Forestry, BFSc Courses
- Candidates who have passed Higher Secondary exam of the Board of Higher Secondary Education, Kerala, or exams recognised equivalent thereto, with 50% marks in Biology separately, and 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology put together, are eligible.
- Biotechnology will not be considered as a subject for academic eligibility.
For BVSc. & AH Course
- Candidates should have secured not less than 50% aggregate marks in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology for the qualifying exam, in addition to the condition as stipulated as above. Relaxation in marks is permissible as stipulated in clause 6.2.5 of the Prospectus for KEAM-2019
For BSc. Degree Holders
- Candidates who have passed the BSc Degree (Three- year course) exam with Physics, Chemistry, Zoology, Botany or Biotechnology as Main, and any one or two of the above subjects as Subsidiaries, with 50% marks for Main & Subsidiaries taken together, subject to the condition that they have passed Higher Secondary Exam, Kerala or exams recognised as equivalent thereto with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as optional subjects are eligible for admission to MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BHMS and BSMS courses.
- [Including B.Tech (Agri. Engg.) and B.Tech (Food Engg. & Tech) courses under the Kerala Agricultural University, B.Tech (Dairy Technology) and B.Tech (Food Technology) Courses under Kerala Veterinary & Animal Sciences University and B.Tech (Food Technology) course under Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Studies].
- Candidates who have passed Higher Secondary Exam, Kerala, or Examinations recognized as equivalent thereto, with 50% marks in Mathematics separately, and 50 % marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together are eligible for admission.
- However, candidates who have passed Higher Secondary Examination, Kerala, or Examinations recognized as equivalent thereto, with 45% marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together are eligible for admission under Management Quota in Private Self-Financing Engineering Colleges/Govt. Controlled Self Financing Engineering Colleges.
- Candidates who have passed Higher Secondary Examination, Kerala, or examinations recognised as equivalent thereto, with 50 % marks in Mathematics/Biology separately, and 50 % marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology put together are eligible for admission to the seats reserved for Dairy Farm Instructors of Dairy Development Dept. for B. Tech. (Dairy Technology).
- (a) In two-year Kerala Higher Secondary Courses or Exams recognised equivalent thereto with two-year course where the Board Exams are conducted in both years, the total marks of two years in the respective subjects as shown in the mark lists of the respective Higher Secondary Boards will be considered for academic eligibility.
- (b) In Higher Secondary Courses or exams recognised equivalent thereto where Board Exams are conducted only at the end of 12th class (final year), the marks in the respective subjects as shown in the mark lists of the respective Higher Secondary Boards will be considered for academic eligibility.
- Minimum academic eligibility for admission to B. Arch.: 10+2 or equivalent exam from a recognised Board with Mathematics as a subject of study by securing 50% marks in aggregate OR 10+3 Diploma (any stream) recognised by Central/State Governments with 50% aggregate marks with Mathematics as one of the subject of examination OR International Baccalaureate Diploma, after 10 years of schooling, with not less than 50% marks in aggregate and with Mathematics as compulsory subject of exam.
- In addition to the academic eligibility as above, only those candidates who score the minimum eligibility marks as per the of National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) 2019 will be considered for admission to B. Arch. course.
- There is no relaxation in the minimum passing score of NATA to any category of candidates. The candidates shall have to qualify in NATA on or before 10th June 2019.
Also See: Architecture Career Scope
- Candidates who have passed Higher Secondary Examination, Kerala or Exams recognized as equivalent thereto, with 50% marks in Biology/Mathematics separately and 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Mathematics put together are eligible.
Relaxation in Marks
- For all the courses, candidates belonging to Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (as per G.O. (P) No. 208/66/Edn dated 02.05.1966, GO(MS) No. 10/2014/BCDD dated: 23.05.2014, GO (P) No. 1/2015/BCDD dated: 01.01.2015 and amendments thereof), will have a relaxation of 5% marks in the qualifying exam.
- They need only 45% marks in the case of Mathematics/Biology and 45% marks in the case of Mathematics/Biology, Physics and Chemistry put together. The SC/ST candidates need only a pass in the qualifying exam.
- However, for admission to MBBS/BDS courses, candidates belonging to SC/ST categories need 40% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology put together in the qualifying exam.
- Candidates eligible for PD quota as per MCI guidelines, need only 45% marks in case of Biology/Biotechnology and 45% marks in case of optional subjects put together for admission to MBBS/BDS courses (as per the Guidelines of Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India).
- The candidates belonging to PD category will have a relaxation of 5 % marks in the qualifying exam for Engineering/Architecture/Pharmacy and Medical Allied Courses.
- Applicants should have completed 17 years of age as on the 31st December 2019 No relaxation in the minimum age will be allowed.
- There is no upper age limit for Engineering, Architecture and B.Pharm. Courses.
- For Medical and Allied Courses, the upper age limit will be as per the Information Bulletin of NEET(UG)-2019. Candidates should upload proof for their date of birth to the online application.
KEAM 2019 Exam Pattern
- Entrance Examinations will be held at the selected venues in all Districts in the State, Mumbai, New Delhi and Dubai. No request for change in the Examination centre will be entertained.
Papers/Subjects in the Entrance Exams
- The Entrance Exam for Engineering courses will be conducted with a relative weightage of 5:3:2 in Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry.
- Candidates applying for admission to Medical & Allied Courses including MBBS/BDS shall have to appear for NEET-UG 2019 and qualify as per the qualifying criteria mentioned in the Information Bulletin of NEET UG 2019.
- Candidates applying for admission to B.Pharm Course shall have to appear for Paper-I (Physics & Chemistry) of the Kerala Engineering Entrance Exam and qualify as per the qualifying criteria
Papers for the Engineering Entrance Exam:
- Paper I - Physics & Chemistry
- Paper II - Mathematics
- Each Paper will be of two and a half hours duration
- Candidates desirous of being considered for any of the Medical & Allied courses including MBBS/BDS, will have to write NEET-UG 2019 conducted by the CBSE.
- Candidates who wish to be considered ONLY for B.Pharm course will have to write Paper-I (Physics & Chemistry) of the Engineering Entrance Exam.
Scheme of the Exam
- The Engineering Entrance Exam will be objective type with Multiple Choice Questions and based on single response.
- For each question, five suggested answers would be given, of which only one will be the MOST APPROPRIATE RESPONSE.
- Candidate will have to select and mark the alphabet (A, B, C, D or E) corresponding to the most appropriate response in the OMR Answer Sheet.
- Paper-I (Physics and Chemistry): 22nd April 2019 (Monday, 10.00 AM - 12.30 PM]
- Paper-II (Mathematics): 23rd April 2019 [Tuesday, 10.00 AM - 12.30 PM]
- For Medical: No entrance examination will be conducted at the state level. Applicants must appear for and qualify in NEET UG 2019 and satisfy the nativity conditions stipulated in the KEAM-2019 prospectus to be released in the first/second week of January 2019, www.aipmt.nic.in is the official NEET (UG) website.
- Architecture candidates must also apply for KEAM-2019 in addition to applying and appearing for NATA through the official website www.cee.kerala.gov.in of the commissioner for entrance Examinations Kerala when notified.
- The Engineering Entrance Examination will be held at all the District Centres in Kerala and in New Delhi, Mumbai and Dubai (UAE), on the dates mentioned below as per Indian Standard Time (IST).
Declaration of Results
- The Commissioner for Entrance Examinations will publish the “Answer Keys” of both the Papers of the Engineering Entrance Exam on the website of the CEE (www.ceekerala.org) and the same will be notified in leading dailies, after the completion of the examination.
KEAM 2019 Admit Card
- The Admit Card for the Entrance Examination can be downloaded from the official website of the Commissioner for Entrance Exams www.cee.kerala.gov.in
- The candidates will have to enter their Application number and password provided in order to download the admit card. They will have to take a printout of the admit card. Admit cards will not be sent by post from the Office of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations.
- Facilitation Centres will be functioning across the State from where candidates can download and take printouts of admit card. The venue of the exam and time table will be noted in the admit card. Separate notification in this regard will be issued.
KEAM 2019 Application Process
- Candidates satisfying the eligibility conditions as laid down in the Prospectus and who seek admission to any or all of the above mentioned courses have to apply online through the website of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations www.cee.kerala.gov.in from 3rd February 2019 to 28th February 2019.
- Certificates and other supporting documents should be uploaded to the online application. The last date for submitting Certificates and other supporting documents will be 31st March 2019.
- Do not send printout of confirmation page or any other documents to the office of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations.
KEAM 2019 Application Fee
- A candidate who does not belong to SC/ST communities will be treated as ‘General’ candidate for the collection of application fee. The application fee for all candidates will be as follows:
- Engineering only/ B.Pharm only/both Rs.700/- for General and Rs.300/- for SC Candidates
- Architecture only/ Medical & Allied only/both - Rs.500/- for General and Rs.200/- for SC Candidates
- Both (a) & (b) - Rs.900/- for General and Rs.400/- for SC Candidates
- Candidates choosing 'Dubai' as Examination Centre will have to remit an additional fee of Rs.12000/- by way of online payment.
- The additional fee can also be remitted by way of challan, if payment is made inside India
Mode of Payment of Application Fee
- Candidate can pay application fee in either of the two following methods
- The fee may be paid by credit card/debit card/Internet Banking. On successful payment of fee, a Payment Confirmation Page will appear displaying the message 'Transaction Successful'. If the payment is unsuccessful, the message ‘Transaction Unsuccessful’ will be displayed. Due to communication failure, if the outcome of the payment attempt is not displayed, the ‘Payment’ tab in the candidate’s home page should be checked to see if it has turned green.
- If not, the transaction was unsuccessful and the payment needs to be made again and ensure that it’s successful. If the amount was debited from the account of the candidate for an unsuccessful transaction, the debited amount will be reverted to that account within 5-7 working days.
- In case of payment through e-chalan, the payment should be made in all Head /Sub Post Offices in Kerala, in cash
For more details www.cee.kerala.gov.in