Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) 2020
GPAT 2020 – National Testing Agency (NTA) will be conducting the National Level Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) for 2020 session on 28th January 2020 for facilitating AICTE approved Institutions, University Departments/Constituent Colleges/ Affiliated Colleges to select suitable candidates for admission in Post Graduate Pharmacy Programmes for the academic year 2020-21
Also See : CMAT and GPAT 2020 Admit Card released, steps to download
GPAT 2020 Details
- National Testing Agency (NTA) had successfully conducted the Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test – 2020 (GPAT-2020) for admission to various M. Pharma or its equivalent courses across the country. The 800 participating institutes of GPAT-2020 were the institutions which had accepted the GPAT Score.
- The GPAT 2020 will be conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) on the same pattern as per the Year 2019 i.e., Computer Based Test on January 28, 2020 from 02.30 p.m. to 05.30 p.m. for admission to M. Pharma or its equivalent courses across the country. The result of GPAT-2020 will be declared by February 7, 2020 as GPAT Score which will be accepted by over 800 participating Institutes. The participating Institutes of GPAT-2020 are the Institutions which will be accepting the GPAT Score. Candidates must apply separately to the desired GPAT-2020 participating institutes with the GPAT Score 2020.
- Candidates are advised to see the details of the admission process of each participating institute of GPAT-2020 on their respective website.
Also See :GPAT 2020 Application Process begins, last date November 30
What is GPAT Exam?
- Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) is a national level entrance exam conducted National Testing Agency every year as per the directions of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Govt. of India. Till 2018, it was conducted by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)..
- This test facilitates institutions to select suitable Pharmacy Graduates for admission into the Master’s (M. Pharm) Program. The GPAT is a three hour computer based online test which is conducted in a single session
GPAT 2020 Important Dates
- GPAT 2020 Registration Starts from: 01st November 2019
- Last Date of Submission of Application:
30th November 2019 extended to December 10, 2019
- Date for Successful Transaction of Fee: 01st November 2019 to 01st December 2019 (through Credit card/Debit card/Net banking/UPI and PAYTM service upto 11:50 pm)
- Choice of City: 01st November 2019 to 02nd December 2019 (upto 11:50 p.m.)
- Date of Examination: 28th January 2020 (Tuesday)
- Timing of the Exam: 09:30 a.m. to 12:30 pm
- Printing of Admit Cards from NTA’s website: 24th December 2019
- Declaration of Result on NTA’s website by: 07th February 2020
Eligibility Criteria for GPAT 2020
- The candidates shall have to satisfy all the eligible conditions so as to apply for the examination. The GPAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria are illustrated here. The aspirant must satisfy the minimum eligibility criteria at the time of applying for GPAT 2020
Also See :CMAT and GPAT 2020 Last Date for Application extended
- The candidate must be a citizen of India
- The candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree in pharmacy (4 years after 10+2, including lateral entry students) or equivalent from a recognized university. Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree B. Pharmacy (10+2+4) whose result will be declared before commencement of admission for academic year 2020-21 can also apply for GPAT-2020 computer-based test (CBT).
- B.Tech. (Pharmaceutical and Fine Chemical Technology)/ equivalent candidates are not eligible to apply.
- There is no age restriction for appearing in GPAT 2020.
See: Upcoming Entrance Exams 2019-2020
Admission Process through GPAT
- The detailed merit list will be provided to the respective state governments for allotting the students through central counseling or otherwise as per their notified admission procedure
- In case there is no central counseling, scores awarded will be used for admission in the AICTE approved institutes/university departments
- The Cities where the GPAT-2020 will be conducted are given in Appendix-III in the information brochure available on the official website
See: Pharmacy Scope, Eligibility, Salary and Job Prospects
- For admission to a participating institute, please see the reservations applicable in that particular institute. In the case of institutes run by Central Govt.,10% of the seats are reserved for Category General-Economically Weaker Section(GEN-EWS), 15% of the seats are reserved for the category SC, 7.5% for the category ST & 27% for the category Other Backward Classes belonging to the “ Non Creamy layer” (OBC-NCL)
- Each category will have 5% horizontal reservations for Persons with Disabilities (PwD) as defined in The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 (RPwD Act 2016).
- Other Backward Classes – Non Creamy Layer (OBC–NCL) are as per the Central list of Other Backward Classes available on NCBC, Govt. of India website
- Thus, the candidates falling in this list may mention OBC in the Category Column. State list OBC Candidates who are not in OBC-NCL (Central List) must choose General
- The categories of disabilities are:
- Blindness and low vision
- Deaf and hard of hearing
- Locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy
- Autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability and mental illness, and
- Multiple disabilities from amongst persons under clauses (i) to (iv)
- Other ‘specified disabilities’ mentioned in the Schedule of the RPwD Act 2016.
See: Upcoming Entrance Exams 2019-2020
- Boys – Rs 1600/-
- Girls – Rs.800/-
SC/ ST/ PwD/ Transgender
- Boys – Rs 800/-
- Girls – Rs. 800/-
- **Procedure for Payment of Fees and Service/ Processing Charges & Goods & Service Tax (GST) to be paid, are given in Appendix-IV
GPAT Exam Pattern 2020
- The medium of Question Paper is English only
- GPAT is an online computer-based test of 3 hours duration with 125 objective type questions.
- Each question carries 04 (four) marks.
- For each correct response candidate will get 04 (four) marks.
- For each incorrect response 01 (one) mark will be deducted from the total score.
- To answer a question, the candidates need to choose one option corresponding to the correct option.
- However, after the process of challenges of the key, if more than one option is found to be correct then the multiple correct options will be given the four marks (+4).
- Any incorrect option marked will be given minus one mark (-1). Un-answered/Un-attempted will be given no marks. In case, the question is dropped/ignored, all candidates will be given four marks (+4) irrespective of the fact whether the question has been attempted or not attempted by the candidate.
See: Top M.Pharm Entrance Exams for Admission
GPAT Syllabus 2020
- The detailed GPAT syllabus will be provided by the authority on their website. Few topics from which the questions will be covered in the exam are:
Physical Chemistry, Physical Pharmacy, Organic Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmaceutics, Pharmacology, Pharmacognosy, Pharmaceutical Analysis, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Pathophysiology, Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics, Clinical Pharmacy and Therapeutics, Anatomy, Physiology and Health Education, Pharmaceutical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Management, Dispensing and Hospital Pharmacy.
- The Centres (Cities) where the GPAT-2019 will be conducted are given in Appendix-1 of the Information Bulletin. While applying, candidates have to select any four cities of their choice. The efforts will be made to allot city of examination to the candidates in order of the choice opted by them in their application form. However, due to administrative reasons, a different city may be allotted.
- Given below is the list of cities where exam usually takes places –
Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Amravati, Amritsar, Aurangabad, Bangalore, Bareilly, Bhavnagar, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Dehradun, Delhi, Gulbarga, Gurgaon, Guwahati, Gwalior, Hyderabad, Indore, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jammu, Kanpur, Kochi, Kolhapur, Kolkata, Kozhikode, Kurnool, Lucknow, Madurai, Mangalore, Meerut, Mumbai, Mysore, Nagpur, Nanded, Nasik, Nellore, Noida, Panaji, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Rajahmundry, Rajkot, Ranchi, Shimla, Srinagar, Surat, Thiruvananthapuram, Tirupati, Udaipur, Vadodara, Varanasi, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Warangal
Application Process – How to Apply for GPAT 2020?
- Candidates have to apply for GPAT- 2020 “Online” ONLY by accessing the website www.gpat.nta.nic.in.
- The Application Form other than online mode would not be accepted, in any case. Only one application is to be submitted by a candidate. More than one application i.e. Multiple application forms submitted by a candidate will be rejected
- It is suggested that you have the following ready before starting the filling of the application form:
- All your qualification details
- Scanned clear passport photograph in JPG/JPEG format (size between 10 kb–200 kb)
- Scanned clear signature in JPG/JPEG format (size between 4 kb–30 kb)
- A valid email Id as all communication will be made on this e-mail Id
- A valid mobile number as all information via SMS will be sent to this number
- A valid debit/credit card or Net banking account for online payment
- A printer connected to your system to print confirmation page
- No corrections can be made at a later stage after submission of an application. No change will be accepted through offline mode i.e. through fax/application including email etc.
Follow following 5 (Five) Steps to Apply Online:
- Step-1: Fill in the online Application Form and Note down the system generated Application Number
- Step-2: Upload scanned images of Candidate’s Passport size Photograph (between 10 kb–200 kb) and Candidate’s Signature (between 4kb – 30 kb) in JPG/JPEG format.
- Step-3: Make payment of fee using Credit/Debit Card, Net Banking, UPI, PayTM and keep proof of fee paid.
- Step-4: Print at least four printout of Confirmation Page after successful remittance of fee
- Step-5: Choose the city for giving the examination GPAT-2020
- The final submission of online Application form will remain incomplete if Step – 2 Step – 3, Step – 4 and Step – 5 are not completed. Such forms will be rejected and no correspondence on this account will be entertained.
- No request for refund of fee once remitted by the candidate will be entertained
- The entire application process of GPAT – 2020 is online, including uploading of scanned images, Payment of Fees and Printing of Confirmation page. Therefore, candidates are not required to send/submit any document(s) including Confirmation page to NTA through Post/Fax/ By Hand/E-mail.
- Candidates are advised to keep visiting the NTA’s website regularly for the latest updates and to check their emails.
- The NTA can make use of the data generated for the purpose of research and analysis
GPAT 2020 Syllabus
- Details are given on the link https://gpat.nta.nic.in/WebInfo/Handler/FileHandler.ashx?i=File&ii=103&iii=Y
See: Top 20 Pharmacy Colleges in India