Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) 2020
GPAT 2020 – National Testing Agency (NTA) will be conducting the National Level Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) for 2020 session on 4th week of January 2020 for facilitating AICTE approved Institutions, University Departments/Constituent Colleges/ Affiliated Colleges to select suitable candidates for admission in Post Graduate Pharmacy Programs for the academic year 2020-21
NTA will be conducting National Level Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) in the month of January 2020. NTA will open registration for GPAT 2020 from 1st week of November 2019. Candidates who wish to appear for GPAT 2020 can apply online at https://ntagpat.nic.in
What is GPAT Exam?
- Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) is a national level entrance exam conducted National Testing Agency every year as per the directions of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Govt. of India. Till 2018, it was conducted by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)..
- This test facilitates institutions to select suitable Pharmacy Graduates for admission into the Master’s (M. Pharm) Program. The GPAT is a three hour computer based online test which is conducted in a single session
GPAT 2020 Scores
- The GPAT score is accepted by all AICTE-Approved Institutions/University Departments/Constituent Colleges/Affiliated Colleges
- A few scholarships and other financial assistance in the field of Pharmacy are also given on the basis of the GPAT score
GPAT 2020 Important Dates
- Registration Start Date: 1st November 2019
- Registration End Date: 30th November 2019
- Admit Card: 24th December, 2019
- GPAT 2020 Exam Date: 24th January, 2020
- GPAT 2020 Result: 3rd Feb, 2020
Eligibility Criteria for GPAT 2020
- Applicant must be a citizen of India
- They must be Bachelor’s degree holders in Pharmacy (4 years after 10+2, including lateral entry candidates) and those who are in the final year of B. Pharmacy course are eligible for appearing in GPAT-2020 examination
- B.Tech (Pharmaceutical and Fine Chemical Technology)/Equivalent candidates are not eligible to apply
- There is no age restriction for appearing in GPAT 2020
Admission Process through GPAT
- The detailed merit list will be provided to the respective state governments for allotting the students through central counseling or otherwise as per their notified admission procedure
- In case there is no central counseling, scores awarded will be used for admission in the AICTE approved institutes/university departments
- For admission to a participating institute, please see the reservations applicable in that particular institute. In the case of institutes run by Central Government, 15% of the seats are reserved for the category Scheduled Caste (SC), 7.5% for the category Scheduled Tribe (ST) and 27% for the category Other Backward Classes belonging to the “Non-Creamy Layer” (OBC – NCL). Each category will have 5% reservations for Persons with Disabilities (PwD) as defined in The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 (RPwD Act 2016)
GPAT Exam Pattern 2020
- GPAT is a computer based online test.
- The exam will be of 3 hour duration
- Total 125 questions will be asked in the exam.
- The questions will be Multiple choice questions
- The medium of the exam will be in English language.
- 4 marks will be awarded for each correct answer.
- 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
GPAT Syllabus 2020
- The detailed GPAT syllabus will be provided by the authority on their website. Few topics from which the questions will be covered in the exam are:
Physical Chemistry, Physical Pharmacy, Organic Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmaceutics, Pharmacology, Pharmacognosy, Pharmaceutical Analysis, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Pathophysiology, Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics, Clinical Pharmacy and Therapeutics, Anatomy, Physiology and Health Education, Pharmaceutical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Management, Dispensing and Hospital Pharmacy.
- The Centres (Cities) where the GPAT-2019 will be conducted are given in Appendix-1 of the Information Bulletin. While applying, candidates have to select any four cities of their choice. The efforts will be made to allot city of examination to the candidates in order of the choice opted by them in their application form. However, due to administrative reasons, a different city may be allotted.
- Given below is the list of cities where exam usually takes places –
Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Amravati, Amritsar, Aurangabad, Bangalore, Bareilly, Bhavnagar, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Dehradun, Delhi, Gulbarga, Gurgaon, Guwahati, Gwalior, Hyderabad, Indore, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jammu, Kanpur, Kochi, Kolhapur, Kolkata, Kozhikode, Kurnool, Lucknow, Madurai, Mangalore, Meerut, Mumbai, Mysore, Nagpur, Nanded, Nasik, Nellore, Noida, Panaji, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Rajahmundry, Rajkot, Ranchi, Shimla, Srinagar, Surat, Thiruvananthapuram, Tirupati, Udaipur, Vadodara, Varanasi, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Warangal
Application Process – How to Apply for GPAT 2020?
- Candidates who are eligible for this exam should visit the official website www.ntagpat.nic.in for Registration.
- The registration can be done through online mode only.
- Before proceeding for the application form, candidates must read all the instructions carefully and accept the declaration to proceed further.
- The GPAT application form will be open from the 1st week of November till 4th week of November 2019
- Candidates need to enter their qualification details and upload the photograph and signature in the prescribed format and size.
GPAT 2019 Exam Fee
- Rs. 1400/- for General/OBC category – plus Bank charges as applicable
- Rs.700/- For SC/ST/PD Category – plus Bank charges as applicable
Online Mode i.e. Debit/ Credit card and Net Banking:
- Check the validity of the Debit/ Credit Card and keep it ready with you while logging on to the website for submitting application form. Candidate should enter the information asked for and make payment through Debit/ Credit Card.
- Through Net Banking, check the balance in your account and keep all credentials ready with you while logging on to the website for submitting application form. Candidate should Login with his/her credentials of net banking and make payment through Net Banking.
Cash Deposit through e-challan at State Bank of India Branches only:
- Print e-challan in pdf on A4 size paper from SBI MOPS page which will contain NTA’s required information in addition to Bank reference number and visit any of the SBI branches in India and deposit amount mentioned in e-challan.
Test Practice Centres (TPC)
- National Testing Agency (NTA) has established a network of Test Practice Centres spread all over India to help the students aspiring to appear in examinations to be conducted by the NTA. The students can practice and train themselves before the examination for the “Computer Based Test (CBT)” mode of examinations.
- The experienced, qualified and professional Nodal officer and staff available at the TPC will help and motivate the students to clear their doubts and solve problems and to make them familiar with the CBT mode of examinations.