COMEDK UGET 2020 Notification, Eligibility, Application, Dates
COMEDK Undergraduate Entrance Test (COMEDK UGET) 2020 for BE, BTech and BArch Courses
COMEDK UGET 2020 - The Consortium of Medical Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka (COMEDK), Bangalore has announced the for COMEDK Undergraduate Entrance Test (UGET) for the year 2020 for BE, BTech and BArch Courses.
Presently about 190 Engineering colleges, who make available around 20,000 seats, are affiliated to COMEDK and utilize its testing mechanism for effecting admission to UG Program during the academic year 2020.
KUPECA has entrusted COMEDK with the responsibility of conducting the entrance exam and seat selection process for the academic year 2020
COMEDK will conduct Under Graduate Entrance Test 2020 (UGET 2020) for admission to undergraduate engineering courses on 10th May 2020
Important Dates for COMEDK UGET 2020
- Registration and issue of online Application for COMEDK UGET 2020 – 1st week of January 2020
- Mock test made available online: 1st week of February 2020
- Last date for online payments and submission of completed online application: 3rd week of April 2020
- Correction in select fields in application form: 3rdt week of April 2020
- Download of Test Admission Ticket from the website: 1st week of May 2020
- COMEDK UGET Engineering Entrance Exam 2020 – 10th May 2020
- Publishing of Provisional Answer Keys and start date for online submission of objections/challenge of Provisional Answer keys: 3rd week of May 2020
- Last date for receiving challenges/objections pertaining to Provisional Answer Keys: 3rd week of May 2020
- Publishing of Final Answer keys: 4th week of May 2020
- Test Score cards made available online to the candidates: 4th week of May 2020
Duration of the COMEDK Courses offered
- BE (Bachelor of Engineering) & BTech: 4 years
- B.Arch (Bachelor of Architecture): 5 years
Branches offered for B.E in various Engineering Colleges: if any new courses are approved to the Member Institutions, the same will be notified in the website
- Branch Name: Aeronautical Engg., Aerospace Engg., Automation & Robotics Engg., Automobiles Engg., Bio-Medical Engg., Biotechnology, Ceramic & Cement Technology, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Construction Tech & Management, Electrical & Electronics Engg., Electronics & Communications Engg., Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering, Environmental Engg., Industrial Engineering and Management, Industrial Engg. & Production, Information Science, IT & Engineering, Instrumentation Technology also known as Electronics & Instrumentation Engg., Manufacturing Science & Engg., Marine Engg., Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Medical Electronics, Mining Engineering, Nano Technology, Telecommunication Engineering, Textile Engineering
COMEDK UGET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates from all over the country can appear for the UGET20 entrance examination. The eligibility criterion for various programs has been as published by COMEDK in its Notification
- The candidates should have passed second PUC or 10+2 Higher Secondary or equivalent examination with English as one of the languages and obtained a minimum of 45% Marks in aggregate in Physics and Mathematics along with Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / Electronics / Computer (40% in respect of SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka State) and should have passed these subjects individually.
- An attempt in the COMEDK Entrance Test seeking admission to Engineering courses is considered adequate for figuring in the rank list.
- Diploma candidates are not eligible to take the Entrance Test as there are no lateral entry admissions.
- The candidates should have passed an examination at the end of the 10+2 scheme of examination with at least 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics (45% for SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka) and also at least 50% marks in aggregate of the 10+2 level examination (45% for SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka) or passed 10+3 Diploma examination with Mathematics as a compulsory subject with at least 50% marks in aggregate (45% for SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka) and should have passed these subjects individually.
- All the candidates (including SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka) seeking admission to B.Arch shall pass the NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) conducted by the Council of Architecture or JEE Paper - 2. Qualification in NATA is subject to the candidate getting at least cut-off marks in two individual components and also getting at least the qualifying marks in aggregate.
- (i) There shall be no Entrance Test for candidates seeking admission to B. Arch Course. (ii) Candidates seeking B. Arch course shall submit separate application for participation in the Counseling.
- This document called ‘Brochure for COMEDK UGET-2020’ lays down the procedure and necessary regulations for the conduct of Entrance Test only
- For Seat Selection process and other related processes, the candidates are advised to visit www.comedk.org for regular updates
Exam Pattern for COMEDK UGET 2020
- For PCM (BE) [Physics-60 MCQ, Chemistry-60 MCQ, Mathematics-60 MCQ, Biology & English-Not Applicable; Total: 180 MCQs]
Note: Candidates seeking admission for Medical/Dental courses will have to qualify NEET 2020 and satisfy the eligibility norms prescribed by MCI/DCI, besides eligibility in English viz. 50% securing for Gen Merit candidates & 40% for SC/ST/OBC candidates of Karnataka.
- COMEDK UGET 2020 will be based on the syllabus of 10+2 (12th) standard. Questions on Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are asked to test the candidate’s aptitude in program of choice
- Entrance Test COMEDK UGET-2020 is mandatory for all candidates seeking admission to BE/BTech/BArch courses in Member Institutions of COMEDK. A merit/rank list is generated based on the entrance test.
Online TAT (Admit Card)
- Online Test Admission Ticket will be available under applicant login of the COMEDK website from 4th week of April 2020
- Candidates appearing for the Test should download & obtain printout of the Online Test Admission Ticket (Online TAT)
- No Test Admission Ticket (TAT) will be dispatched either by email or post or courier or in person to the candidates under any circumstances
- This fee is non-refundable under any circumstance including judicial and statutory reasons. Fee payment for application is only through online mode via Net Banking, Credit Card and Debit Card
- You will be directed to Citrus payment portal after clicking on submit button to complete the payment process
How to Apply for COMEDK UGET 2020 - Application Process
- The Candidates have to register themselves at www.comedk.org. The candidates may access the How to Apply Document, general instructions and the explanation for filling the required fields through the link in the website www.comedk.org
- However, these instructions are reproduced as under
- A separate link in the website is provided to assist the candidates in filling the COMEDK UGET Online Application form. Please ensure that you have the following documents ready at hand before you start filling up the Online Application Form
- Demand Draft (drawn from the nationalized banks in favour of “COMEDK” payable at Bangalore)
- 10th Standard Marks card/School Leaving Certificate indicating the candidate’s Date of Birth (required for the date of birth verification)
- SC/ST/OBC or Minority Certificates (Religious/Linguistic) if any
- Demand Draft has to be drawn from the nationalized banks in favour of COMEDK (check for the correct spelling), payable at Bangalore (DD must be payable at Bangalore only)
- Rs.1200/- for 3 Subjects (PCB or PCM) i.e. MBBS/BDS or B.E and Rs.1500/- for 4 subjects (PCMB) i.e. MBBS/BDS and B.E
- The completed Application Form has to reach COMEDK office by speed post or courier on or before 1st week of April 2020 (before 05.00 pm) to the following address “The Executive Secretary - COMEDK, H.No 132, Second Floor, 11th Main Road, 17th Cross, Malleswaram, Bangalore-560055”, Karnataka
For more information, please visit the website www.comedk.org
COMED - Karnataka
Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental College of Karnataka, COMEDK, No.132, 2nd Floor, 11th Main, 17th Cross, Malleswaram, Bangalore-560055, Tel-080-41132810, Email: email@example.com, Website www.comedk.org