National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) 2020
NEET 2020 – National Testing Agency announces NEET 2020 Exam Dates. National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) will be organized by the NTA (National Testing Agency) in the year 2020. It is the only national level medical entrance exam. It is conducted for providing admission to MBBS, BDS & Ayush Courses offered by all Indian Medical Colleges. The list of top medical colleges can be seen here.
Also See : NEET 2020 Application Correction Window reopens
NEET Medical Entrance Exam
- The National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) UG 2020 will be conducted by the NTA. This Test was being conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) till 2018. NEET (UG) is applicable for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses in India in Medical/Dental Colleges in all medical institutions including those governed under any other law. The NMC (National Medical Commission) has announced that from the academic year 2020, the students who aspire to join the medical stream will sit for a single entrance exam only i.e. NEET in order to get admission to any medical college across the country. See the complete news here.
Also See : NEET UG 2020 Registrations to Begin Soon, Check When?
- The NEET (UG) 2020 will be conducted on Sunday, 03rd May 2020. The responsibility of the NTA is limited to the conduct of the entrance exam, declaration of result and for providing an “All India Rank merit list” to the Directorate General Health Service, Govt. of India for the conduct of counselling for 15% All India Quota Seats and for supplying the result to States/other Counselling Authorities.
- The National Medical Commission Act, 2019 received assent of the President on 08th August, 2019. Section 14 of the National Medical Commission Act, 2019 provides for holding of a common and uniform National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET) for admission to the undergraduate medical courses in all medical institutions including those governed under any other law. Thus, the admission to MBBS course in AIIMS, New Delhi, JIPMER and all AIIMS like Institutions will also be made through NEET.
All important dates of NEET 2020 such as application form, admit card, answer key, result can be checked from this page. Check dates and apply on time.
Also See : NEET Result 2019 released, here’s how to check
New Changes Introduced
- On the proposal of Union Health Ministry several changes in the NEET UG entrance exam has been introduced. the new changes are as follows:
- Indian candidates those who wish to pursue MBBS/BDS in foreign nationals; they have to qualified NEET UG exam.
- The upper age limit for NEET (UG) is 25 years as on the date of examination with relaxation of 5 years for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC-NCL category and PwD
- As per officials, the exam will be bilingual (except language chosen is English).
- Also, from the year 2020, there will be a single medical entrance exam i.e. NEET. The admission to MBBS course in AIIMS, New Delhi, JIPMER and all AIIMS like Institutions will also be made through NEET as per Section 14 of the National Medical Commission Act, 2019.
Also See : NEET 2020 last date for Registration extended
NEET 2020 Important Dates
- On-line submission of Application Form (including uploading of photograph and signature)
2nd to 31st December, 2019 (upto 11:50 pm) extended to January 6, 2020
- Last date of successful transaction of fee through Credit/Debit Card/Net-banking/UPI:
02 December 2019 to 01 January 2020 (upto 11:50 pm) extended to January 7, 2020.
- Correction in Particulars of Application form on website only: 15 January 2020 to 31 January 2020
- Downloading of Admit Cards from NTA website 27.03.2020
- Date of Examination 03.05.2020
- Duration of Examination 180 minutes (03 hours)
- Timing of Examination 02:00 pm to 05:00 pm
- Centre of NEET(UG)-2020 Examination: As indicated on Admit Card
- Display of Recorded Responses and Answer Keys: To be announced later on website
- Declaration of Result on NTA Website by 4th June, 2020
Medical Seats offered through NEET 2020
- Admissions to all seats of Undergraduate Medical Courses will be done through NEET (UG) – 2020. The following are the seats available under different quotas:
- All India Quota Seats
- State Government Quota Seats
- Central Institutions/Universities/Deemed Universities
- State/Management/NRI Quota Seats in Private Medical / Dental /Ayurveda /Siddha /Unani /Homeopathy Colleges or any Private University
- Central Pool Quota Seats
- All seats including NRI Quota as well as Management Quota, in private unaided/aided minority / non- minority medical colleges shall also be filled on the basis of merit obtained in NEET(UG) – 2020.
- Indian Citizens/Overseas Citizens of India intending to pursue Undergraduate Medical Courses from a foreign (Medical/Dental/Ayurveda/Siddha/ Unani/ Homeopathy) Institute need to qualify NEET (UG) – 2020.
The Counselling for successful candidates under 15% All India Quota seats and all seats of Deemed Universities/Central Universities/Seats of ESIC & AFMC including Delhi University (DU), BHU, AMU, AIIMS & JIPMER will be conducted by the MCC/DGHS for Undergraduate Medical Courses. The counselling for admission to the seats under the control of other States/Universities/Institutions shall be conducted as per the notifications issued separately by the authorities concerned.
NEET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Students must check their eligibility before filling the application form. Candidates can check the detailed NEET 2020 eligibility criteria from below:
- He/she has completed the age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete that age on or before 31 December of the year of his/her admission to the first year Undergraduate Medical Courses.
- The upper age limit for NEET (UG) is 25 years as on the date of examination with relaxation of 5 years for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC-NCL category and PwD Candidates
- Indian Citizens/ Overseas Citizens of India intending to pursue Undergraduate Medical Courses from a foreign Medical/ Dental Institute also need to qualify NEET (UG).
Eligibility for seats under the control of States/Deemed Universities/Central Universities/ESIC and AFMC including Delhi University (DU), BHU & AMU/central pool quota, AIIMS, JIPMER.
- Indian Nationals, Non Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), Persons with Indian Origin (PIO) and Foreign Nationals are eligible for admission in Medical/ Dental/Ayurveda/ Siddha/Unani/Homeopathy Colleges subject to rules and regulations framed by the respective State Governments, Institutions and the Government of India as the case may be.
- Foreign nationals may confirm their eligibility from the concerned Medical/Dental/ Ayurveda/ Siddha/Unani/Homeopathy College/State.
- Notwithstanding anything stated above, the eligibility criteria to appear in NEET (UG) shall also be applicable to the candidates desirous to take admission in Undergraduate Medical Courses in concerned INIs like AIIMS.
Eligibility for 15% All India Quota seats
- Indian Nationals, Non Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) and Foreign Nationals are eligible for 15% All India Quota Seats.
- Candidates from UT of J&K and Ladakh
- Students from UT of J&K and Ladakh are not eligible for 15% All India Quota seats as UT of J&K and Ladakh have opted out of All India Scheme since its inception. If they claim eligibility, they must submit online Self Declaration which will be generated and printed automatically along with confirmation page for the record and they need to present the same during counselling. The Self-Declaration Form is given in Appendix- III.
- With regard to participation of UT of J&K and Ladakh in the All India Quota, it is informed that the erstwhile State of J&K had opted to stay out of the All India Quota Scheme since inception and as such the students of J&K were also not allowed to participate for admission in all India Quota seats. Now, with the coming into effect of the J&K Reorganization Act, 2019 and formation of UTs, the UT of J&K has been requested to consider for participation in the All India Quota. A decision is yet to be taken by the UT administration in this regard. However, the UT of Ladakh does not have any medical college. Therefore, the decision of participation of UT of J&K will be conveyed in due course.
- The Self Declaration Form submitted by candidates will be verified at the time of counselling. If the declaration is found to be false at any time, the candidature/admission of such candidates shall be cancelled and criminal proceedings may be initiated against such candidates.
- Candidates from the UT of J&K and Ladakh can appear in NEET (UG) 2020 for admission to Private Medical/Dental/Ayurveda/Siddha/Unani/Homeopathy Colleges or any Private/Deemed University and AFMC, AIIMS, JIPMER subject to the fulfilment of respective eligibility conditions.
- Candidate must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Biotechnology at the qualifying examination
- In respect of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC, the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology taken together in qualifying examination be 40% instead of 50% for General category candidates
- In respect of the candidates with benchmark disabilities specified under the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016, the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology taken together in qualifying exam shall be 45% instead of 50% for General category candidates and 40% for SC/ST/OBC candidates
- Provided that two years of regular and continuous study of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology taken together shall be required at 10+2 level for all the candidates
- Candidates who have passed 10+2 from Open Schools or as Private candidates shall not be eligible to appear for National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test-UG. Furthermore, study of Biology/Bio-technology as an Additional Subject at 10+2 level also shall not be permissible
- Those who are appearing in Class XII Exam in 2020 can also appear for the entrance test provisionally subject to their fulfilling the conditions later
NEET (UG) 2020 Exam Pattern
- The exam will be organized on 03rd May 2020.
- The Entrance Test shall consist of one paper containing 180 objective type questions (four options with single correct answer) from Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany & Zoology) to be answered on the specially designed machine-gradable sheet using Ball Point Pen
- The duration of test would be 03 hours (10.00 am to 01.00 pm)
- Each question carries 04 (four) marks.
- For each correct answer/best option, candidate will get 04 (four) marks.
- For each incorrect answer, 01(one) mark will be deducted from the total score.
Language of the Question Papers
- Candidates can opt for Question Paper in any one of the following 11 languages: English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Marathi, Odia, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu
- Option of medium of Question Paper should be carefully chosen while filling in the Application Form. The option once chosen cannot be changed.
- Candidates opting for English would be provided Test Booklet in English only.
- Candidates opting for Hindi would be provided Bilingual Test Booklet in English and Hindi.
- Candidates opting for Regional languages would also be provided Bilingual Test Booklet in selected Regional language and English.
- In case of any ambiguity in translation of a question in the test, its English version shall be treated as final and the decision of NTA shall be final in this regard.
Syllabus for the NEET Test
- A common syllabus will be prescribed by NMC for the NEET UG exam. NEET 2020 syllabus will contain physics, chemistry and biology subjects. Students can check the detailed syllabus from below:
- Physical world and measurement; Laws of Motion; Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body; Properties of Bulk Matter; Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory; Electrostatics; Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism; Electromagnetic Waves; Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation; Electronic Devices, etc.
- Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry; Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties; States of Matter: Gases and Liquids; Equilibrium; Hydrogen; p-Block Elements; Hydrocarbons; Solid State; Electrochemistry; Surface Chemistry; p-Block Elements; Coordination Compounds; Alcohols; Phenols and Ethers; Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen, etc.
- Diversity in the Living World; Cell Structure and Function; Human Physiology; Structural Organization in Animals and Plants; Plant Physiology; Reproduction; Biology and Human Welfare; Ecology and Environment; Genetics and Evolution; Biotechnology and Its Applications, etc.
- The Question Papers for the test shall be based on a Common Syllabus notified by the Medical Council of India and implemented in the year. Please see Appendix-I for details
- The syllabus for NEET 2020 is same as last year’s. There are no changes in the syllabus. It comprises of physics, chemistry, and biology
- List of cities where the NEET (UG) – 2020 will be conducted is given at Appendix-II
- In case, instructions are not complied with, NTA may allot the centres different from the choice given or cancel the candidature
NEET 2020 Application Process
Candidates should fill the application form as per the instructions given in the information bulletin. Below we are providing NEET 2020 application form details:
- Candidates can apply for NEET (UG)-2020 through “Online” mode only.
- Submission of Online Application Form may be done by accessing NTA website ntaneet.nic.in. The Application Form in any other mode will not be accepted.
- Only one application is to be submitted by a candidate.
- Candidates must follow the instructions given in the Information Bulletin and on NTA website strictly. Candidates not complying with the instructions shall be summarily disqualified.
- Candidates must ensure that the email Address and Mobile Number provided in the Online Application Form are their own or parents only as all information/ communication will be sent by NTA through email on the registered email address or SMS on registered Mobile Number only.
Instructions for filling Online Application Form:
- Download Information Bulletin and Replica of Application Form. Read these carefully to ensure your eligibility. In case a candidate is found to fill in more than one application, the admit card will be cancelled/withheld and his/her candidature will be forfeited for this/future examination.
Follow the steps given below to Apply Online:
- Step-1: Fill in the Online Application Form and note down the system generated Application No.
- Step-2:Upload scanned images of Candidate’s Photograph (between 10 kb – 200 kb) and Candidate’s Signature (between 4 kb – 30kb) in JPG/JPEG format.
- Step-3:Make payment of fee using suitable mode of payment through bank as per details given in Chapter – 4, (mode of submission of Application Form and payment of fee) and keep proof of fee paid
- Step-4: Print at least four printouts of Confirmation Page after successful remittance of fee
- All the 4 Steps can be done together or at separate times
- General Rs. 1500/-
- General-EWS/ OBC-NCL* Rs. 1400/-
- SC/ST/PwD/Transgender Rs. 800/-
Note:Processing charges & Goods and Services Tax (GST) are to be paid by the candidate, as applicable
Method of Fee Payment
- Payment Using Appropriate Mode: After completing Step 2 of online Application Form, candidates may remit the examination fee (Step 3) by choosing the following options:
- Please select any Mode of Payment/Service Provider (Service/Processing charges per transaction & GST (applicable @18%) to be paid by the candidate)
- Online Mode i.e. Debit/Credit Card & Net Banking: Check the validity of the Debit/Credit Card and keep it ready with you while logging on to the website for submitting Application Form. Candidate should enter the information asked for and make payment through Debit/Credit Card
NEET 2020 Admit Card
- The Admit Card is issued provisionally to the candidates, subject to the fulfillment of the eligibility conditions.
- The candidate has to download the Admit Card from the NTA website w.e.f 27 March 2020 onwards and appear for the Examination at the given Centre on Date and Timing as indicated in their Admit Card.
- In case of any discrepancy in the particulars of the candidate or his/her photograph and signatures shown in the Admit Card and Confirmation Page the candidate may immediately approach the Help Line between 10.00 am to 5.00 pm between 27 March 2020 to 10 April 2020. In such cases, candidates would appear in the examination with the already downloaded Admit Card. However, NTA will take necessary action to make correction in the record later.
- The official website of the NTA for NEET (UG)-2020 is ntaneet.nic.in. All the test related information, as amended from time-to-time (if any), will be available on this website only. Candidates must regularly view this website for latest updates.
- The official websites for counselling of 15% All India seats, Central Institutions/University and Deemed Universities related information is as under:
For MBBS/BDS Courses:
- Ministry of Health & Family Welfare: www.mohfw.gov.in and
- Medical Counselling Committee: www.mcc.nic.in
For BAMS/BSMS/BUMS/BHMS Courses:
- Ministry of AYUSH: www.ayush.gov.in
- AYUSH Admission Central Counselling Committee: www.aaccc.gov.in
- For remaining seats, kindly check the website(s) of concerned State(s)/ Institution(s).
- Notwithstanding anything contained in the Information Bulletin, the decision of NTA/MoH&FW/ NMC/ MCI/DGHS/DCI/MoA/CCIM/BoGCCH shall be final and binding.
National Testing Agency, C-20 1A/8,Sector 62 IITK Outreach Centre, NOIDA-201309, firstname.lastname@example.org, Website https://nta.ac.in/