BITSAT 2022 – Exam Date, Courses, Eligibility, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Application Procedure
BITSAT 2022 – Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) Pilani is an all India Institution declared as Deemed to be University invites application for admissions to Integrated First Degree programmes of BITS Pilani at Pilani Campus, K. K. Birla Goa Campus and Hyderabad Campus for the academic year 2022-23 on the basis of a Computer-based Online Admission Test – BITSAT 2022 conducted by BITS, Pilani.
Courses Offered by various Campuses
- Integrated First degree programmes to which admissions will be made on the basis of BITSAT2022:
at BITS Pilani – Pilani Campus:
- B.E.: Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Electronics & Communication, Mechanical, Manufacturing.
- B. Pharm.
- M.Sc.*: Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics, Physics and
- M.Sc.: General Studies.
at BITS Pilani – K. K. Birla Goa Campus:
- B.E.: Chemical, Computer Science, Electronics & Communication, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical.
- M.Sc.*: Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics, and Physics.
at BITS Pilani – Hyderabad Campus:
- B.E.: Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, Electronics & Communication, Electrical and Electronics,
- Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical.
- B. Pharm.
- M.Sc.*: Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics, and Physics.
BITSAT Dates 2022
- Start of BITSAT-2022 Application : 14th March 2022 (Monday)
- Deadline to apply online for BITSAT-2022 for Session-I or Both the sessions : 21st May 2022 (Saturday)
- Revision/editing (online) in the application form by candidates : 17th (Tuesday) to 23rd May (Monday), 2022
- Test center allotment and announcement to candidates : 26th May 2022 (Thursday)
- Candidates to reserve Test date and slot $ 28th May (Saturday) to 1st June (Wednesday), 2022
- Candidates to download the Hall tickets with instructions (for session 1) :04th June (Saturday), 2022 till the exam date
- BITSAT-2022 Online Test Session-I : 20th June (Monday) to 26th June (Sunday), 2022
- The application window to apply for BITSAT-2022 Session-II : 23rd June (Thursday) to 7th July (Thursday), 2022
- Test center allotment and announcement to candidates : 09th July (Saturday), 2022
- Candidates to reserve Test date and slot $ : 11th July (Monday) to 16th July (Saturday), 2022
- Candidates to download the Hall tickets with instructions : 18th July (Monday) till the exam date
- BITSAT-2022 Online Test Session-II : 22nd July (Friday) to 26th July (Tuesday), 2022
- Apply for admission with 12th marks and Preferences : 22nd June (Wednesday) to 5th August (Friday, 2022
- Editing of Preferences Application form : 1st August (Monday) to 5th August (Friday), 2022
- Admit list and Waitlist announcement after Iteration I. : 8th August (Monday), 2022
BITSAT Eligibility Criteria 2022
- *The candidates who join in M.Sc. programme are eligible to apply for dual degree in Engineering at BITS Pilani after completion of first year. This assignment is made by competition on their performance at BITS at the end of the first year. (For more details refer to Admissions Modality available on the BITS admissions website.)
- For admission to all the above programmes except B. Pharm.: Candidates should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics and adequate proficiency in English.
- For admission to B. Pharm.: Candidates should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology and adequate proficiency in English. However, candidates with PCM may also apply for the Pharmacy program.
- Admissions to all the programmes are subject to the conditions given below:
- The candidate should have obtained a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects (if he/she has taken Mathematics in BITSAT) or a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects (if he/she has taken Biology in BITSAT) in 12th examination, with at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/ Biology subjects.
- Only Students who are appearing for 12 th examination in 2022 or who have passed the 12th Examination in 2021 are eligible to appear in the BITSAT-2022 test. If a candidate has taken more than one attempt in 12th class or its equivalent, only his latest performance is considered, provided this attempt has been for the full component of subjects/courses prescribed. Students who have passed 12th examination in 2020 or earlier are NOT eligible to appear in BITSAT-2022. Students who are presently studying in BITS at any of its campuses are not eligible to appear in BITSAT-2022.
- Admissions will be made purely on merit. The merit position of the candidate for admission will be based on the score obtained by the candidate in the BITSAT-2022. However, their eligibility for admission is subject to fulfilling the requirement of minimum marks in 12th examination, as mentioned above.
- Direct Admission to Board Toppers: In the past, the admission process of the Institute always ensured guaranteed admission to all the students who obtained first ranks in their respective board examinations.
- This has given a very vital input of highly meritorious students from all over India. First rank students of State and Central boards in India for the year 2022 will be given direct admission to the program of their choice, irrespective of their BITSAT-2022 score as per the eligibility criteria. The detailed eligibility criteria, application procedure, and prescribed application form will be available by 10th July, 2022 at www.bitsadmission.com
- Further details about the Board Toppers’ scheme will be available at BITS admission website tentatively by 10th July, 2022
BITSAT Application Process 2022
- Interested candidates should register their names for BITSAT-2022 by applying in the prescribed application form online.
- A candidate has to complete the application form online at http://www.bitsadmission.com and pay the prescribed fees.
- Also, take the printout of the filled-in form for your future reference.
- As this time BITSAT shall be conducted in two sessions, the prescribed fee for BITSAT-2022 for a candidate who chooses to appear twice will have to pay a sum of Rs. 5400 (for a male candidate) and Rs. 4400 (for a female candidate).
- A candidate who originally opts to appear once (Session 1), will pay a fee of Rs. 3400 (for a male candidate) and Rs. 2900 (for a female candidate).
- If such a candidate chooses then to apply to appear a second time (Session 2), then he/she will have to pay an additional sum of Rs. 2000 (for a male candidate) and Rs. 1500 (for a female candidate). These fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
BITSAT Admit Card
- BITSAT Admit Card is made available for download on the official website. The admit card contains details such as Name of the candidate, Photograph and Signature, application number, test center details, Test date, Test time, Date of exam, test slot, and exam instructions. BITSAT 2022 Admit Card is issued to only those candidates who do the slot booking before the last date.
- To download BITSAT Admit Card 2022, students need to use their BITSAT Application Number, Date of Birth and Email ID. In case of any discrepancy or incorrect information in BITSAT Admit Card, report the conducting authority in time for the generation of a new admit card with correct information.
Admission Procedure in BITS Pilani
- Admissions will be made purely on merit based on the score obtained by the candidate in the BITSAT-2022
Direct Admission to Board Toppers
- First rank students of all the central and state boards in India for the year 2022 will be given direct admission to the program of their choice irrespective of their BITSAT-2022 score.
BITSAT Exam Pattern
- Mode of the exam: Online mode (Computer Based Test)
- Duration of the Exam: 3 hours (180 minutes)
- Type of Questions: Multiple-Choice MCQs
- Total No. of Questions: 130 Questions
- Marking Scheme: For every correct answer, candidates get 03 marks.
- Negative Marking: For every incorrect answer, 01 marks are deducted.
- The tests’ sessions consist of four parts:
- Part I- Physics 30 Question
- Part II- Chemistry 30 Questions
- Part III- (a) English Proficiency 10 Questions & (b) Logical Reasoning 20 Questions
- Part IV- Mathematics/Biology (For B. Pharm) 40 Questions
BITSAT 2022 Syllabus
- The BITSAT-2022 test will be conducted on the basis of NCERT syllabus for 11th and 12th class.
- Candidates may refer to the NCERT textbooks for the contents. A sample test demonstrating the features of BITSAT-2022 will be made available to the registered candidates at the BITS admission website on which he/she can practice as many times as desired.
For more details and to apply online, please visit official website
- Latest Entrance Exam Notifications 2022
- Medical Entrance Exam 2022
- Engineering Entrance Exam 2022
- Top 10 Engineering Entrance Exams 2022 in India