Computer Science engineering as career option in India
If we go by the placement record of engineering colleges, computer science is the stream which is leading all the charts with jaw dropping packages that are offered to computer engineers from prestigious companies like Google, Microsoft, adobe, Facebook and many more. So if you want to become a computer science engineer and you have that spark in you than go for it
All about Computer Science engineering
Computer Science engineering is a stream which deals with design, implementation, and management of information system of both software & hardware processes. A computer science engineer specializes in theory of computation and design of computational systems.
Computer Science engineering is amalgamation of various disciplines such as Information Technology, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Software Design, etc. The engineers are mainly involved in the development of software and hardware systems of various aspects of computing
Area of specialisation
Database management, IT, embedded systems, Telecommunication, computer hardware & software implementation & maintenance, multimedia, web designing, gaming, and almost all other industries in this sector.
Aspirants of Computer Science Engineering must have appeared in 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as core subjects. They have to appear for various Engineering Entrance Exams such as JEE (for IIT, NITs, IIITs, CFTIs and SFTIs), BITSAT (for BITS) and VITEEE (for VIT University) to name a few. On the basis of their performance and counselling, the candidates are allocated the engineering branch.
Also see Top engineering entrance exams
Core subjects in Computer Science
Core subjects in Computer Science for various universities are listed below
- C Programming
- Data Structures
- Introduction about basic computer hardware/ troubleshoot
- Advanced Data Structures and Algorithms
- Computer Organization
- Data Base Management Systems
- OOPS Through Java
- Computer Graphics
- Micro-Processors and interfacing
- Software Engineering
- Optimization Techniques
- Automata and Compiler Design
- UNIX Programming
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- Operating System
- Computer Networks
- Systems Programming
- Advanced Computer Architecture
- Web Technologies
- Multimedia and Application Development
- Computer Systems Maintenance
- Information Security
- Human Computer Interface
- Distributed Databases
- Mobile computing
- Data warehousing and Data Mining
- Software Testing Methodologies
Top engineering colleges for computer science engineering
- All IIT’s and NIT’s
- Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology
- Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad
- Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology
- Manipal Institute of Technology
- Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute
- Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology
- Shri Govindram Seksaria Institute of Technology and Science
- VIT University, Vellore
- Malaviya National Institute of Technology, MNIT
- PEC University of Technology
- Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology
- Indian School of Mines
- ISM, College of Engineering Pune
Job profile of computer science engineer
As a programmer a person's primary task is to "write code".
The responsibilities assigned to the Systems Analyst involve areas of analysis and algorithm development as well as coding.
A software engineer uses formal methodologies to help ensure that programs are reliable, maintainable and do what they are supposed to do.
Consultants design and implement software similar to the above categories.
HCL, Amazon, Wipro, Facebook, Flipkart, Google , Microsoft, Ola Cabs, Cisco, Meru cabs, Oracle, Snapdeal , American express, IBM, Accenture, Yahoo, McAfee, Rediff, TCS, Ebay , Adobe, Infosys, Myntra, Apple Inc, Intel, etc.
This article has compiled information from various sources to make our subscribers aware of prospects and scope of Computer science and Engineering as career option in India with a hope to help our subscribers in choosing their desired field of computer science and Engineering as a profession.