Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering announces Entrance Exam (VITEEE) 2021 for B.Tech Admission
VITEEE 2021 – Vellore Institute of Technology will conduct the VIT Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE 2021) on the 02nd or 03rd week of April 2021. VITEEE is a national level entrance test for admission in B.Tech. Programs offered at VIT Vellore Campuses, Chennai Campus, VIT Bhopal and VIT AP Campuses as well.
The VITEEE 2021 application form will be available from 30th November 2020. Candidates can avail the complete details of VITEEE, such as the important dates, application procedure, exam details, syllabus, result, counselling from the page below.
Details of VITEEE 2021
- VITEEE-2021 is a Common Entrance Exam and Eligible candidates can select the Courses offered at VIT Vellore Campus, Chennai Campus, VIT-Bhopal and VIT-AP on the day of Counselling as per the merit and availability.
- Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) is labelled among top 10 engineering institutes in India; over the years, the institute has created an identity of its own in offering quality engineering education in different disciplines.
- Every year, the college conducts its entrance exam VITEEE, based on which candidates are admitted to the first year of undergraduate degree in engineering i.e. Bachelor of Engineering and Bachelor of Technology
- After passing VITEEE 2021, the candidates will get admission in the course offered in one of the campuses. The list of the campus and the offered course is given below:
B. Tech Programs Offered at Vellore Campus
- Biotechnology; Civil Engineering; Chemical Engineering; Electronics and Communication Engineering; Computer Science and Engineering; Computer Science and Engineering with Bioinformatics; Electronics and Communication Engineering with the Internet of Things and Sensor; Mechanical with Automotive Engineering; Electrical and Electronics Engineering; Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering; Computer Science and Engineering with Information Security; Electronics and Communication with Biomedical Engineering; Electronics and Communication with Sensors & Wearable Technology; Information Technology; Mechanical Engineering; Production and Industrial Engineering; Mechanical with Energy Engineering and; B.Des. Industrial Design
B. Tech Programs Offered at Chennai Campus
- Civil Engineering; Computer Science and Engineering; Electronics and Computer Engineering; Mechanical Engineering; Electronics and Communication Engineering; Electrical and Electronics Engineering
B. Tech Programs Offered at Bhopal Campus
- Computer Science and Engineering; Electronics and Communication Engineering; Electrical and Electronics Engineering; Mechanical Engineering; Bioengineering; Computer Science and Engineering in Gaming Technology; Computer Science and Engineering (Specialisation in Digital Forensics & Cyber security)
B. Tech Programs Offered at Amaravati Campus
- Computer Science and Engineering; Computer Science and Engineering in Data Analytics; Electronics and Communication Engineering with Embedded Systems; Computer Science and Engineering with Networks and Security; Electronics and Communication Engineering; Mechanical Engineering; Electronics and Communication Engineering with VLSI
VITEEE 2021 Important Dates
- Launch of web application – 30th November 2020
- Last date to apply – May 20, 2021
- Dates for VITEEE-21 – May 28 – 31, 2021
- Counselling date (Tentative)- May 1st week 2021
- Class commencement (Tentative)- July 2nd week 2021
Eligibility Criteria for VITEEE 2021
- The applicant should be a Resident / Non Resident Indian National / PIO.
- Foreign Candidates studied/studying abroad can apply directly through foreign category only
- Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st July 1999 are eligible to apply for UG Engineering admission (UGEA) 2021. The date of birth as recorded in the High School / SSC / X Certificate will be considered authentic
- Candidates should produce this certificate in original as a proof of their age at the time of counselling / admission, failing which they will be disqualified.
- Candidates applying for UG Engineering admission should have either completed or shall be appearing in 2021, in any one of the following qualifying examinations:
- The final examination of the 10+2 system of Higher Secondary Exam conducted by the State Board; Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE, New Delhi), The Council for Indian School Certificate Exam (ISCE), New Delhi.
- Intermediate or Two-year Pre-University Exam conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
- High School Certificate Exam of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London/Cambridge/Srilanka) at the Advanced (A) level
- As per VIT Norms, Regular ‘NIOS’ board candidates are also eligible for Undergraduate Engineering programs
- They should also provide the marks secured in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English and Total (including all subjects) and upload the scanned copy of the mark list in the application form
- Eligible JEE / SAT Score Card (if available)
Eligibility Criteria for the Qualifying Exam
- Candidates applying for the Undergraduate Engineering admission in 2021 should have secured a minimum aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology in the qualifying exam (+2/Intermediate).
- The average marks obtained in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology (PCM / PCB) in +2 (or its equivalent) put together should be minimum aggregate of 50% for the following categories:
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST
- Candidates hailing from Jammu and Kashmir/ Ladakh and the North Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura. CERTIFICATE TO PROVE COMMUNITY / NATIVITY should be produced at the time of counselling, failing which they will not be considered for admission.
Candidates having studied Mathematics/Physics/Chemistry in +2 / Higher Secondary Board are eligible for all the B.Tech. Programmes
Candidates having studied Biology/Physics/Chemistry in +2/ Higher Secondary Board are eligible for the following Bio stream programs only. Upon joining, the students need to mandatorily register for a bridge course in Mathematics
i. B.Tech. Bio-engineering(VIT-Bhopal)
ii. B.Tech. Biotechnology(VIT, Vellore)
iii. B.Tech. Computer Science & Engineering with specialisation in Bioinformatics (VIT, Vellore)
iv. B.Tech. Electronics & Communication with specialisation in Biomedical Engineering (VIT, Vellore)
VITEEE 2021 Application Process
- Interested and Eligible candidates can apply through online as well as offline mode. In case you are applying online, you need to go through the official website of Vellore Institute of Technology i.e. www.vit.ac.in
Online Application Forms
- Cost of the Application – Rs.1250/- (inclusive of GST). Get ready with the following to submit the online form:
- Softcopy (scanned copy) of recently taken passport size colour photograph with 10kb – 200kb (Dimensions – 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm) / Softcopy (scanned copy) of Signature of the Candidate with 10kb? 200kb (Dimensions – 3.5 cm x 1.5 cm) in JPG / JPEG format
- Selfie photos will not be accepted. Also a scanned copy of Aadhar Card/proof of enrolment ID for Aadhar Card is to be submitted.
- Online mode (Net banking / Debit card / Credit card) – Do not send a hardcopy of the application form after the process of completion
- It is mandatory for NRI candidates to send the hardcopy of the application form along with the NEFT Transfer copy / Demand Draft of 50 USD (write your name and application no. on the reverse side of DD) after the process of completion
- All our correspondence including centre booking and issue of e-admit card details will be through email only. Therefore, the applicant is requested to get ready with valid email id and Mobile number for contact
Offline (OMR) Application Form
- Candidates can obtain the application form at a cost of Rs.1250/- through the following modes:
- From the designated list of post offices throughout India
- By producing the Demand Draft for Rs. 1250/- in favour of ‘Vellore Institute of Technology’, in person, from the following campuses:
a) VIT, Vellore Campus
b) VIT, Chennai Campus
d) VIT-Bhopal (MP)
- Candidates can apply online at https://vit.ac.in through the following modes:
- Net banking/Credit card/Debit card/Paytm at Rs. 1150/- for General candidates
- Applicants opting to test centres located in foreign countries should pay USD 50 (excluding bank charges)
- Online applicants are requested not to send the hardcopy of the application form.
- Candidates can submit VITEEE 2021 application fee through any online or offline medium
- The online application fee will be Rs.1150/- while the offline application fee will be Rs.1250/-
VITEEE 2021 Exam Pattern
- VIT has not announced VITEEE exam pattern 2021. The anticipated pattern, based on past year exams is given below for reference.
- Besides the syllabus, knowledge of the exam pattern is crucial for the best result. The expected exam pattern of VITEEE 2021 is as follows.
- The exam is conducted in the form of a computer-based test.
- All questions are of the MCQ type.
- The total time available is 02 hours and 30 minutes.
|Section||Number of Questions||
|Maths / Biology||40||40|
VITEEE 2021 Admit Card
- Candidates who submit the successful application form before time. They can check VITEEE 2021 Admit Card Online mode, the admit card will be published on the official website
- Candidates can print out and Download Admit Card after booking the exam slot.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website