NLU announces Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) 2021 for Admission to Law Courses
CLAT 2021 – Consortium of National Law University invites online applications for admission to Undergraduate (UG) and Postgraduate Degree (PG) Programs in Law for the academic session 2021 in Twenty One (21) National Law Universities of India.
Candidates can check complete details about CLAT 2021 including eligibility criteria, application process, exam pattern etc from the page below.
Also see : CLAT 2021 Result declared, Check now
About CLAT 2021
- Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) 2021 organized by Consortium of National Law University. NLU is going to conduct CLAT 2021 on May 09, 2021. The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is a national level test which is conducted by various NLUs on a national basis.
- The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is an all India entrance examination conducted annually for admission to twenty one (21) National Law Universities for their under-graduate and post-graduate degree programs.
Also see : CLAT 2021 Admit Card released
List of 21 participating NLUs are:
1. National Law School of India University, Bengaluru (NLSIU)
2. National Academy of Legal Study & Research University of Law, Hyderabad (NALSAR)
3. National Law Institute University, Bhopal (NLIU)
4. The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata (WBNUJS)
5. National Law University, Jodhpur (NLUJ)
6. Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur (HNLU)
7. Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar (GNLU)
8. Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow (RMLNLU)
9. Rajiv Gandhi National Law University, Punjab (RGNUL)
10. Chanakya National Law University, Patna (CNLU)
11. National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi (NUALS)
12. National Law University Odisha, Cuttack (NLUO)
13. National University of Study & Research in Law, Ranchi (NUSRL)
14. National Law University & Judicial Academy, Assam (NLUJAA)
15. Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, Visakhapatnam (DSNLU)
16. Tamil Nadu National Law School, Tiruchirappalli (TNNLS)
17. Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai (MNLU)
18. Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur (MNLU)
19. Maharashtra National Law University, Aurangabad (MNLU Aurangabad)
20. Himachal Pradesh National Law University (HPNLU) Ghandal, Shimla
21. Dharmashastra National Law University, Jabalpur
1. 3-years, Bachelor of Law (LLB)
2.-year Integrated Law degree, BBA LLB
3.Master of Laws (LLM)
CLAT 2021 Important Dates
Commencement of submission of Online application – 01st January 2021
Last Date for submission of Online application – May 15, 2021 extended till June 15, 2021
Date of CLAT 2021 Test (Offline Mode) – June 13, 2021 – New date of the Test will be notified in due course
Publication of Official Answer Key – 03rd week of May 2021
CLAT Result 2021 – Last week of May 2021
Eligibility Criteria for CLAT 2021
The eligibility criteria for CLAT 2021 for admission in UG and PG program are given below.
For Undergraduate Program (Five Year Integrated LLB (Hons) Course) :
- Candidates should be Passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with a minimum of (i) Forty Five percent (45%) marks in case of candidates belonging to Unreserved/OBC/Specially Abled Persons (SAP)/NRI/NRI sponsored categories and (ii) Forty percent (40%) marks in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST categories.
- Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination in March/April 2021 are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates should be below Twenty (20) years of age in case of Unreserved/NRI/NRI sponsored categories and below twenty-two (22) years in case of SC/ST /OBC/SAP categories as on 01st July 2021.
For Post-Graduate Program (One Year LLM Course) :
- Candidates must be LLB or equivalent degree examination with a minimum of Fifty Five percent (55%) marks in case of Unreserved/OBC/SAP categories and Fifty percent (50%) in case of SC/ST categories.
- Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination in April / May 2021 are also eligible to apply.
CLAT 2021 Application Process
- Eligible candidates can apply for CLAT 2021 through online mode at website www.clat.ac.in & www.clatconsortiumofnlu.ac.in
- The CLAT 2021 Registration is going to start by online mode only at the official website www.clat.ac.in or www.clatconsortiumofnlu.ac.in
- The online enrollment for CLAT 2021 will open on January 1, 2021 and close on March 31, 2021. The application has to be submitted Online only from website www.clatconsortiumofnlu.ac.in
- The aspirants need to register first and then proceed to fill in the details in the CLAT 2021 Application Form. The application process for CLAT 2021 is a three-step process.
Step 1 The aspirants First Register for the exam by providing their personal details.
Step 2 Fill the other necessary information in the Application Form and upload images.
Step 3 Pay the requisite amount of the Application Fee
CLAT 2021 Application Fee
For General/OBC/PWD candidates – Rs.4000/-
for SC/ST/BPL category Candidates – Rs.3500/-
Mode of Payment – Online through Debit/Credit Card / Net Banking
CLAT 2021 Admit Card
- The Admit Card/Hall ticket can be downloaded by the candidate by logging into his/her account. The exact date on which the hall tickets will be made available will be intimated on the website. Do not forget to bring the admit card to the exam center or else you shall not be allowed to sit for the exam. Hall-Ticket/ Admit card contains crucial details-Name, Roll Number, Photograph, Signature, Exam Schedule and Venue Address.
- Admit cards will only be released for the candidates who have submitted the application form on or before the last date. Admit card contains the important details regarding the exams like examination time, venue and instruction which candidates must follow during the examination time.
- The admission to UG and PG programs in participating universities under CLAT-2021 shall be completed through centralised online counselling conducted by the CLAT Consortium Office.
- The basis of allotment of seats shall be ‘merit-cum-preference’, i.e., the CLAT Rank, the order of preference given by the candidate in the CLAT application form and the category /categories selected by the candidate in the online application form and the number of seats and their division/break-up as available in each of the participating NLU.
CLAT 2021 – Exam Pattern
Level of the Exam – National level Entrance Test
Mode of the Exam – Offline (Pen-paper based test)
Duration of Exam – 2 Hours
Timings of the Exam – 03:00 pm to 05:00 pm
Type of Questions – Multiple Choice Type Questions
Section – 5 Session for UG Course
3 Section for PG course
Number of Questions – 150 Questions
Marking Scheme – Negative marking of 0.25 mark is allotted for incorrect answers.
For every correct answer, a candidate will be awarded 1 mark and ¼ mark will be deducted for every wrong answer
No. of Participating Institutes – 21 NLUs and over 25 Private Law Schools
Scheme of CLAT 2021 Exam
|For UG Courses|
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks|
|English using Comprehension||40 Questions||40 Marks|
|General Knowledge /Current Affairs||50 Questions||50 Marks|
|Elementary Mathematics||20 Questions||20 Marks|
|Legal Aptitude||50 Questions||50 Marks|
|Logical Reasoning||40 Questions||40 Marks|
|For PG Courses|
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Constitutional Law||50 Questions||50 Marks|
|Jurisprudence||50 Questions||50 Marks|
|Other Law subjects||50 Questions||50 Marks|
CLAT 2021 Syllabus
For UG Courses – The questions paper consists of five sections namely English including Comprehension, General Knowledge and Current Affairs, Mathematics, Legal Aptitude & Logical Reasoning etc.
For PG Courses – The questions paper consists of three sections namely Constitutional Law, Jurisprudence and Other Law subjects such as Contract, Torts, Criminal Law, International Law, Family Law, Property Law, IPR etc.
- At the time of filling in details in the CLAT 2021 Application Form, the aspirants have to give the preference for the test center. The list of cities for CLAT 2021 is not yet known and will be updated here as soon as complete information of CLAT 2021 is available.
For more information & to apply online, visit the university website