CLAT 2019 Notification, Exam Date, Eligibility, Application Form
CLAT 2019 Common Law Admission Test Notification
CLAT 2019 - Online applications are invited for admission to Undergraduate (UG) and Postgraduate Degree (PG) Programs in Law for the academic session 2019-21 in Twenty One (21) National Law Universities of India.
Also See : Law Entrance Exams
CLAT Exam 2019
- Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) 2019 organised by Consortium of National Law University
- NLU is going to conduct CLAT 2019 on 12th May 2019. The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is a national level test which is conducted by various NLUs on a national basis.
- Candidates can check complete details about CLAT LLB, BBA LLB, LLM Program 2019 including eligibility criteria, application process, exam pattern etc from this page.
About CLAT 2019
The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is an all India entrance examination conducted annually for admission to twenty one (21) National Law Universities for their under-graduate and post-graduate degree programmes.
List of 21 participating NLUs are:
1) National Law School of India University, Bengaluru (NLSIU)
2) National Academy of Legal Study & Research University of Law, Hyderabad (NALSAR)
3) National Law Institute University, Bhopal (NLIU)
4) The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata (WBNUJS)
5) National Law University, Jodhpur (NLUJ)
6) Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur (HNLU)
7) Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar (GNLU)
8) Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow (RMLNLU)
9) Rajiv Gandhi National Law University, Punjab (RGNUL)
10) Chanakya National Law University, Patna (CNLU)
11) National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi (NUALS)
12) National Law University Odisha, Cuttack (NLUO)
13) National University of Study & Research in Law, Ranchi (NUSRL)
14) National Law University & Judicial Academy, Assam (NLUJAA)
15) Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, Visakhapatnam (DSNLU)
16) Tamil Nadu National Law School, Tiruchirappalli (TNNLS)
17) Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai (MNLU)
18) Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur (MNLU)
19) Maharashtra National Law University, Aurangabad (MNLU Aurangabad)
20) Himachal Pradesh National Law University (HPNLU) Ghandal, Shimla
21) Dharmashastra National Law University, Jabalpur
CLAT 2019 Details
- Organizing Institute: NLU Odisha
- Level of the Exam: National level entrance test
- Courses Offered: LLB, BBA LLB, LLM
- Timings of the Exam: 03:00 pm to 05:00 pm
- Mode of the Exam: Offline (Pen-paper based test)
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice type questions
- Number of Questions: 150
- Number of Participating Institutes: 21 NLUs and over 25 Private Law Schools
CLAT 2019 Important Dates
- Issuance of Notification: 07th January 2019
- Commencement of Submission of Online Application Form: 13th January 2019
- Last Date of Submission of duly filled in Online Application Form: 31st March 2019
- CLAT Admit Card 2019 Download: Last week of April 2019
- Date of CLAT 2019 Test (Offline Mode): 12th May 2019 (Saturday, 03.00 PM to 05.00 PM)
- Publication of Official Answer Key: 03rd week of May 2019
- CLAT Result 2019: Last week of May 2019
Eligibility Criteria for CLAT 2019
- The eligibility criteria for CLAT 2019 for admission in UG and PG program is given below.
Undergraduate Program (Five Year Integrated LLB (Hons) Course)
- Candidates should be Passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with a minimum of (i) Forty Five percent (45%) marks in case of candidates belonging to Unreserved/OBC/Speciality Abled Persons (SAP)/NRI/NRI sponsored categories and (ii) Forty percent (40%) marks in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST categories. Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination in March/April 2019 are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates should be below Twenty (20) years of age in case of Unreserved/NRI/NRI sponsored categories and below twenty-two (22) years in case of SC/ST /OBC/SAP categories as on 01st July 2019.
Post-Graduate Program (One Year LLM Course)
- Candidates must be LLB or equivalent degree examination with a minimum of Fifty Five percent (55%) marks in case of Unreserved/OBC/SAP categories and Fifty percent (50%) in case of SC/ST categories. Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination in April / May 2019 are also eligible to apply.
- [For further details, please visit CLAT website i.e. www.clat.ac.in]
Scheme of CLAT 2019 Exam
- NUALS Kochi will hold the exam in 12th May 2019. CLAT Exam Pattern has not seen any major changes over the year. Listed below are the highlights of exam pattern of the law entrance exam:
For UG Courses
- It is a computer-based online exam which composes 5 sections for which aspirants shall be provided 2 hours to finish the exam. Negative marking of 0.25 mark is allotted for incorrect answers.
- (i) English using Comprehension - 40 No. of Questions & 40 Marks
- (ii) General Knowledge /Current Affairs - 50 No. of Questions & 50 Marks
- (iii) Elementary Mathematics - 20 No. of Questions & 20 Marks
- (iv) Legal Aptitude - 50 No. of Questions & 50 Marks
- (v) Logical Reasoning - 40 No. of Questions & 40 Marks
For PG Courses
- The questions paper consists of three sections namely Constitutional Law, Jurisprudence and Other Law subjects such as Contract, Torts, Criminal Law, International Law, Family Law, Property Law, IPR etc.
- You shall be given 2 hours to complete the exam and negative marking of 0.25 mark will be implied for an incorrect answer.
- (i) Constitutional Law - 50 No. of Questions & 50 Max Marks
- (ii) Jurisprudence - 50 No. of Questions & 50 Max Marks
- (iii) Other Law subjects - 50 No. of Questions & 50 Max Marks
- Duration of the Test: 2 hours
- There will be total 150 Multiple Choice Questions
- For every correct answer, a candidate will be awarded 1 mark and ¼ mark will be deducted for every wrong answer
Also see : CLAT 2019 Exam to be conducted offline???
Scope and coverage of questions under different subject areas:
English including Comprehension: The English section will test the candidate's proficiency in English based on comprehension passages and grammar. In the comprehension section, candidates will be assessed on their understanding of the passage and its central theme, meanings of words used therein, etc. The grammar section requires correction of incorrect grammatical sentences, filling of blanks in sentences with appropriate words, etc.
General Knowledge and Current Affairs: The General knowledge will be evaluated on the general awareness including static general knowledge. Questions on current affairs will test the candidate's on their knowledge of national and international current affairs.
Mathematics: This section will test the candidate's knowledge on elementary mathematics, i.e., maths taught upto 10th Class/Standard.
Legal Aptitude: This section will test the candidate’s interest towards the study of law, research aptitude and problem solving ability. Questions may include legal propositions (described in the paper), and a set of facts to which the said proposition has to be applied. Some propositions may not be “true” in the real sense, candidates will have to assume the “truth” of these propositions and answer the questions accordingly.
Logical Reasoning: The purpose of the logical reasoning section is to test the candidate’s ability to identify patterns, logical links and rectify illogical arguments. It may include a variety of logical reasoning questions such as syllogisms, logical sequences, analogies, etc. However, visual reasoning will not be tested.
Schedule of CLAT 2019 Exam
- Mode of Examination: Offline (Pen-Paper)
- Examination shall be conducted in one session of two hours. The scheduled date for Exam is 12th of May 2019 during 03.00 pm to 05.00 pm; Additional time shall be given to Specially Abled persons (Divyang) as per norms.
CLAT 2019 Test Center
- At the time of filling in details in the CLAT 2019 Application Form, the aspirants have to give the preference for the test center. The list of cities for CLAT 2019 is not yet known and will be updated here as soon as complete information of CLAT 2019 is available.
CLAT 2019 Application Process
The CLAT 2019 Registration is going to start by online mode only at the official website www.clat.ac.in or www.clatconsortiumofnlu.ac.in
The aspirants need to register first and then proceed to fill in details in the CLAT 2019 Application Form. The application process for CLAT 2019 is a four-step process. The aspirants first register for the exam by providing their personal details.
The second step is to fill in other necessary information in the Application Form and upload images. The third and final step is to pay the requisite amount of the Application Fee.
The online enrollment for CLAT 2019 will open on 13th January 2019 and close on 31st March 2019. The applications has to be submitted ONLINE only from clatconsortiumofnlu.ac.in website.
The CLAT 2019 examination will be held on Sunday, the 12th May 2019 (3:00 PM to 5:00 PM)
The CLAT 2019 examination will be held in OFFLINE mode
The candidates are first required to register themselves at the CLAT-2019 website by using personal mobile number and e-mail Id. Upon registration, an OTP will be sent to the given mobile number for validation. Once your mobile number is validated, you can login using your mobile number and the password you provided at the time of registration.
Please fill the form carefully. The Name of the candidate and the parents should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the Certificates/Mark sheets/Identity proof. Any change/alteration found may disqualify your candidature.
No alteration/editing in the online application form can be done after successful submission/final submission of the form. The information once furnished by the candidate with regard to the category to which the candidate belongs, the preference for the NLUs and the Centre of the Entrance Test submitted by the candidates through online application mode shall be final and no change whatsoever, shall be allowed thereafter under any circumstances.
The candidate shall fill his/her preference order for all 21 NLUs at the time of online application itself. No change shall be allowed in the preference once the form is submitted by the candidate.
Documents to be uploaded with the Online Application
- Front facing passport size recent photograph with plain background
- Signature of the candidate
- Category certificate if you are applying under SC/ST/OBC
- Relevant certificate issued by competent authority if you are applying if candidate is P.W.D
- Relevant certificate issued by competent authority if you are coming under BPL category
- Relevant certificate for your respective State of Domicile. Issued by revenue department / taluk office
Application fees can be paid only online.
Application Fee for General/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCI candidates: Rs.4000/-
Application Fee for SC/ST/BPL category Candidates: Rs.3500/-
The cost of previous years' question papers is Rs.500/- (not included in the CLAT-2019 application fee of Rs.4,000/- or Rs.3,500/- as the case may be.)
The candidates themselves will have to bear the bank transaction charges for remitting the fee online. The actual bank transaction charges will be displayed in the payment gateway page after you choose the mode of payment.
Application Fees is non-refundable.
Indian Nationals/NRIs/PIO/OCI seeking admission in either of the UG/PG programmes shall appear in CLAT-2019.
Foreign Nationals need not appear for the test
The application form, complete in all respects and after payment of fees must be finally submitted on or before 31st March 2019 (11:59 P.M.). Incomplete application forms shall not be considered. The candidates shall fill and submit the application form well in time to avoid last minute hassles. The CLAT Office or the organizing University shall in no case be responsible for any incomplete information or misinformation or inconvenience faced by the candidate in this regard.
For any information relating to the 21 NLUs, the candidate may refer to the e-brochure of the respective Institutions available in the CLAT Consortium website.
Mode of Payment
- The aspirants can pay the application fee through Online Mode or by bank challan which will be generated online.
- Permanent Address, PIN Code
- Educational Details: Percentage of Marks/ CGPA of Board Exam
- Preferred Course
- Preferred three choices of CLAT examination cities
- A soft-copy of SAP certificate as per specifications
CLAT Admit Card 2019
The Admit Card/Hall ticket can be downloaded by the candidate by logging into his/her account. The exact date on which the hall tickets will be made available will be intimated on the website.
Do not forget to bring the admit card to the exam center or else you shall not be allowed to sit for the exam. Hall-Ticket/ Admit card contains crucial details-Name, Roll Number, Photograph, Signature, Exam Schedule and Venue Address.
For further details about eligibility conditions, how to apply and other details, the candidates should refer the official website of CLAT www.clat.ac.in.
The admission to UG and PG programmes in participating universities under CLAT-2019 shall be completed through centralised online counselling conducted by the CLAT Consortium Office.
The basis of allotment of seats shall be 'merit-cum-preference', i.e., the CLAT Rank, the order of preference given by the candidate in the CLAT application form and the category/categories selected by the candidate in the online application form and the number of seats and their division/break-up as available in each of the participating NLU. Online counselling shall start after the declaration of CLAT-2019 results.