NLU Delhi announces All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) 2021 for Law Courses Admission
AILET 2021 – The National Law University (NLU) invites applications for admission to B.A. LL.B. (Hons.), LL.M. and Ph.D. Programs through All India Law Entrance Test (AILET 2021) for the Academic session commencing from August 2021
The aspirants can check complete details on AILET 2021 Application Form including the complete process to apply, eligibility criteria, fee, total seats etc. from the page below.
About AILET 2021
- AILET 2021, or All India Law Entrance Test is an annual University entry level examination organised by National Law University, Delhi. It is conducted to select candidates for B.A, LLB, LLM and Doctorate Programmes through AILET.
- The National Law University, Delhi will conduct “All India Law Entrance Test – 2021 (AILET-2021)” for admission to Five Year B.A.LL.B. [Hons.), LL.M. and Ph.D Program on Sunday, May 2, 2021 from 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM at all India level.
Courses offered through AILET 2021
- BA LLB (Hons) – 5 year Integrated Program
- LLM – 1 year Program
- PhD Program
AILET 2021 Important Dates
- AILET 2021 Application Process begins – 01st week of January 2021
- Last Date for Submission of online Application – May 20, 2021 extended to June 25, 2021
- Release Date AILET 2021 Admit Card – 04th week of April 2021
- Date of AILET 2021 Exam – May 02, 2021 extended to June 20, 2021 (10.00 am – 11.30 am) The revised date will be notified in due course
- Declaration of AILET 2021 Result – 3rd week of July 2021
- Date of AILET 2021 Counselling – July 2021
- Closing date of AILET 2021 Admission – July 2021
Eligibility Criteria for AILET 2021
For B.A.LL.B. (Hons.)- Five-Year Program
- Passed Senior Secondary School Examination (10+2 System) or Equivalent Examination with 50% marks.
- The candidates appearing in the 12th standard examination in March/April 2021 can also apply.
For LLM- One-Year Program
- Passed LL.B. or an Equivalent Law Degree with 55% marks (50% in case of SC/ST/ Persons with Disabilities).
- The candidates appearing in final year LL.B. Examination in April/May 2021 can also apply.
For PhD Program
- Passed LLM Degree with 55% Marks or its Equivalent (50% in case of SC/ST/ Persons with Disabilities).
AILET 2021 Application Process
- Eligible candidates can apply online mode only through University website https://nludelhi.ac.in/
The admission process of NLU Delhi through AILET is as under:
Step 1 – Online Registration
- Candidates need to register online at the official website of NLU Delhi https://nludelhi.ac.in and fill the application form including candidates’ details, uploading documents, fee payment and exam centre selection.
Step 2 – Issue of Admit Cards
- The university will issue admit cards to candidates who have successfully registered before the last date of application. Candidates have to carry the admit card on the exam day as it mentions important details regarding the test takers, centre and exam.
Step 3 – Appear for Exam
- Candidates have to appear for the examination at the allotted test centres as mentioned on their AILET admit card. They should report to their test centres at least an hour before the examination.
Step 4 – Results Declaration
- The university will announce AILET results within a month after conducting the examination. The scorecard of candidates qualifying the examination will mention All India Rank, sectional scores, as well as overall scores.
Step 5 – Counselling on basis
- The university will conduct counselling on the basis of the rank list and also verify the candidates’ eligibility for the law course they are seeking admission in.
- For General Category – Rs. 3,050/-
- For SC/ ST/ PwD Category – Rs. 1,050/-
- Mode of Payment – Online through Debit/Credit Card & Net Banking
AILET 2021 Admit Card
- The candidates have to download the admit card from the website https://nludelhi.ac.in/
- Admit cards will only be released for the candidates who have submitted the application form on or before the last date. Admit card contains the important details regarding the exams like examination time, venue and instruction which candidates must follow during the examination time.
AILET 2021 – Exam Pattern
- Exam Mode – Offline mode
- Language of Question paper – English medium
- Duration – 1 hour 30 minutes
- Questions Type – Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQ)
- Total Questions – 150 questions
- Marking Scheme – Each correct answer will consist of 1 mark.
- Negative marking – 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer
AILET 2021 Syllabus
- The student should go through certain important topics for each section so to dwell a proper reasoning about the core of the subject. Listed below are the subjects and the syllabus the candidates need to study before appearing for AILET Exam
- English, Legal Awareness, Reasoning, Elementary Mathematics along with General Knowledge comprise the undergraduate entrance Syllabus.
For more information and to apply online, visit the university website