NLU Delhi announces All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) 2023 for B.A. LL.B. (Hons.), LL.M. and Ph.D. Admission
AILET 2023 – The National Law University (NLU) invites applications for admission to 5 Yrs B.A. LL.B. (Hons.), LL.M. and PhD Programs through All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) 2023 for the Academic session 2023-24.
All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) 2023
About AILET 2023
- AILET 2023, or All India Law Entrance Test is an annual University entry level examination organised by National Law University, Delhi. It is conducted to select candidates for B.A LLB (Hons), LLM and Doctorate Programmes through AILET.
- The National Law University, Delhi will conduct “All India Law Entrance Test – 2023 (AILET-2023)” for admission to Five Year B.A.LL.B. (Hons.), LL.M. and Ph.D Program on Sunday, December 11, 2022 from 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM at all India level.
Courses offered through AILET 2023
- BA LLB (Hons) – 5 year Integrated Program
- LLM – 1 year Program
- PhD Program
- AILET 2023 Application Process begins : 07th September 2022
- Last Date for Submission of online Application :
November 15, 2022Extended till November 20, 2022
- Release Date AILET 2023 Admit Card : To be announced
- Date of AILET 2023 Exam : December 11, 2022 from 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM
- Declaration of AILET 2023 Result : To be announced
- Date of AILET 2023 Counselling : To be announced
- Closing date of AILET 2023 Admission: To be announced
- For B.A.LL.B. (Hons.)- Five-Year Program : Passed Senior Secondary School Examination (10+2 System) or Equivalent Examination with 50% marks.
- For LLM- One-Year Program: Passed LL.B. or an Equivalent Law Degree with 55% marks (50% in case of SC/ST/ Persons with Disabilities).
- For PhD Program: A Master’s degree in Law or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree in Law by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree
- Obtained a degree in Law and Master’s Degree in social sciences or humanities from any recognised educational institution Indian or a foreign educational institution accredited as per UGC Regulations, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed).
- Eligible candidates can apply online mode only through University website https://nludelhi.ac.in/
- The admission process of NLU Delhi through AILET is as under:
- Step 1 – Online Registration : Candidates need to register online at the official website of NLU Delhi https://nludelhi.ac.in and fill the application form including candidates’ details, uploading documents, fee payment and exam centre selection.
- Step 2 – Issue of Admit Cards: The university will issue admit cards to candidates who have successfully registered before the last date of application. Candidates have to carry the admit card on the exam day as it mentions important details regarding the test takers, centre and exam.
- Step 3 – Appear for Exam: Candidates have to appear for the examination at the allotted test centres as mentioned on their AILET admit card. They should report to their test centres at least an hour before the examination.
- Step 4 – Results Declaration: The university will announce AILET results within a month after conducting the examination. The scorecard of candidates qualifying the examination will mention All India Rank, sectional scores, as well as overall scores.
- Step 5 – Counselling on basis: The university will conduct counselling on the basis of the rank list and also verify the candidates’ eligibility for the law course they are seeking admission in.
- For General Category : Rs. 3,050/-
- For SC/ ST/ PwD Category: Rs. 1,050/-
- Mode of Payment: Online through Debit/Credit Card & Net Banking
AILET Admit Card 2023
- The candidates have to download the admit card from the website https://nludelhi.ac.in/
- Admit cards will only be released for the candidates who have submitted the application form on or before the last date. Admit card contains the important details regarding the exams like examination time, venue and instruction which candidates must follow during the examination time.
AILET Exam Pattern 2023
- Exam Mode: Offline mode
- Language of Question paper: English medium
- Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Questions Type: Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQ)
- Total Questions: 150 questions
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer will consist of 1 mark.
- Negative marking: 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer
AILET 2023 Syllabus
- The student should go through certain important topics for each section so to dwell a proper reasoning about the core of the subject. Listed below are the subjects and the syllabus the candidates need to study before appearing for AILET Exam
- English, Legal Awareness, Reasoning, Elementary Mathematics along with General Knowledge comprise the undergraduate entrance Syllabus.
- Admission to BALLB (Hons.), LLM and PhD. Programs will be through AILET to be conducted at cities:
- Ahmedabad; Guwahati; Jaipur; Lucknow; Greater Noida; New Delhi; Indore; Hyderabad; Kolkata; Mumbai; Nagpur; Gurugram; Gandhinagar; Jammu; Cuttack; Jodhpur; Cochin; Patna; Bangalore; Bhopal; Chandigarh; Chennai
For more information and to apply online, visit the university website