India is also called Youngistan. The youth population of India is more than that of any other country in the world. Every year, lakhs of students pass out 12th standard. In the Indian Education system 12th or higher secondary exam is considered as a turning point of the career for any student. Many youngsters who have passed the 12th standard are confused about their career and don’t know which courses to select. There are basically 3 streams- Science, Arts and Commerce in which most of the students complete their 12th. Those students who want to pursue a career in the medical field need to complete 12th with science stream with biology subject. So, if you have completed 12th in Science with Biology subject then this is an important article for you. Here, all the information about Best Courses After 12th Science Biology is given.
These courses after 12th Science Biology can be categorized as Courses for higher studies and job oriented courses. While choosing any course students must check all details related to the course. There are many diploma courses after 12th Science Biology which provide a job in the medical field. Students who are looking to get a job as early as possible after 12th can do a 1-year diploma course in the medical field. But if you aspire for higher studies in the medical field then go for degree courses. List of diploma and courses after 12th Science Biology is given below with details of each course. Students should choose courses based on their interests and needs.
Best Diploma Courses After 12th Science Biology to Get Job
Many students have the responsibility of taking care of the home and they cannot afford to go out for higher studies. They search for diploma level jobs with a good salary. With some diploma courses of 1 and 2 years’ duration, these students can get good-paying jobs in the medical field.
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory (DMLT) – This is a 2-year diploma course after 12th. Candidates must have completed 12th science with the PCB group to take admission to this course. This course is easily available in most of the universities or institutes. With this course, one can easily get a job as a Lab Technician in any Pathology labs or hospital. In this course, students learn about the procedures of clinical Laboratory testing.
- Diploma in Nursing – This is one of the most popular Diploma courses in the medical field after 12th Science Biology. This is a 3-year course. Candidates with more than 50% marks in 12th science with biology as a subject can apply for this course. Course fees vary from 1 lac to 2 lac Rs. Candidates with 2 years of experience in the medical field can also apply for the course. After successful completion of the course, you will get a job in hospitals, nursing homes as a Nurse or Nursing Assistant.
- Diploma in Radiology Therapy (DMRT) – This is actually 2 years post-graduate level program but in colleges, it can be done after 12th. The course period is 1 year after 12th. After completion of course you can get a job as a X-Ray Technician or Radiation Therapy Technologist in any hospital or lab.
- Diploma in X-Ray Technology – After completing this 2 years Diploma course you will get a job as an XRay Technician or Radiologist.
- Diploma in Physiotherapy – This is a 3 years diploma course after 12th. After completion of this diploma course, you can work as a physiotherapist in Hospitals, Defence medical department, sports field or you can also work as a private physiotherapist.
- Diploma in Dialysis Technique – After completing this 2-year diploma course you will get a job as a Dialysis Executive in hospitals and clinics.
There are many post-graduate diploma courses in the medical field but here we have listed the diploma courses after 12th Science with Biology Subject.
See: Paramedical Admission 2020
Best Courses after 12th Science Biology for Higher Studies or High Paying Jobs
Nowadays, many students prefer to go for higher studies and become experts in their field. If you are passionate about the medical field, passed 12th with Science Biology and want to complete higher studies in medicine, here are some of the best courses for which you can enroll after 12th.
- MBBS – Bachelor of Medicine or Bachelor of Surgery course is the favorite choice of students after 12th science biology. MBBS is the most popular medical course in India to become a doctor. MBBS degree from reputed government college is the dream for many 12th passed students. Therefore, the Entrance exam is conducted to get admission for MBBS in government colleges. Candidates with high marks in NEET Entrance exam can only get admissions to top MBBS Medical colleges. MBBS is a very reputed degree in a society that gives a lucrative career in the medical field.
After MBBS you can go for highly competitive Post Graduation courses like MS or MD. With this post graduation degree after MBBS, you become one of the most knowledgeable and respected expert doctors in the medical field.
In case you feel that there must be some alternative career options in the medical field other than MBBS, then read this article for more information.
- BAMS (Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine, and Surgery) –
This is also very popular among 12th science passed students who want to become a doctor. After completing this course you will become an Ayurveda doctor. There are also post-graduation courses after BAMS.
- BDS – This 5 years course will make you dentists. Three is a high demand for dental experts. After completing a Bachelor of Dental Surgery course, you can open your own dental clinic also.
- B.Pharm – Bachelors Degree in Pharmacy is the most common choice for students who don’t get selected for the MBBS course in Top government colleges. This 4-year course can also give you a good salary package with a job in Pharmaceutical companies. Pharma Sector is booming in India and therefore B.Pharm degree can be a good career after 12th Science medical. Also, it provides an opportunity for higher education, after B.Pharm you can pursue post-graduation degree M.Pharm i.e Master of Pharmacy.
These are a few popular courses after 12th Science with Biology.
There are many other courses also which give good job opportunities and higher studies in the medical field. They are as follows-
B.Sc (There are more than 30 B.Sc courses related to medical field)
BHMS (Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery)
Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
Bachelor of Physiotherapy
BUMS ( Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery)
Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry
So, we can conclude that after class 12 in Science with Biology, a student can opt for numerous careers. One needs to opt for a well suited career.
List of Medical entrance exams after class 12
NEET UG career options after class 12
Top entrance exams after class 12
Opportunities for medical students in the armed forces