SSC CHSL 2021 Notification for 10+2 Level Exam released, Apply Online for SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level Examination 2021
SSC CHSL 2021 – The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has released a notification for Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level Examination 2021 for filling up of various Group ‘B’ and Group ‘C’ posts in different Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations of Government of India and various Constitutional Bodies/ Statutory Bodies/ Tribunals, etc.
Check details on SSC CHSL 2021 Examination like age limit, educational qualification, application and selection process and more from the page below.
SSC CHSL 2021 Vacancy Details
|Name of Post||Ministry/ Dept./ Office/ Cadre||Classification of Posts|
|Assistant Audit Officer||Indian Audit & Accounts Dept. under C&AG||Group “B” Gazette|
|Assistant Accounts Officer||Indian Audit & Accounts Dept. under C&AG||Group “B” Gazette|
|Assistant Section Officer||Central Secretariat Service||Group “B”|
|Assistant Section Officer||Intelligence Bureau||Group “B”|
|Assistant Section Officer||Ministry of Railway||Group “B”|
|Assistant Section Officer||Ministry of External Affairs||Group “B”|
|Assistant Section Officer||AFHQ||Group “B”|
|Assistant Section Officer||Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology||Group “B”|
|Assistant||Other Ministries/ Dept. s/ Organizations||Group “B”|
|Assistant Section Officer||Other Ministries/ Dept. s/ Organizations||Group “B”|
|Inspector of Income Tax||CBDT||Group “C”|
|Inspector, (CGST & Central Excise)||CBIC||Group “B”|
|Inspector (Preventive Officer)||CBIC||Group “B”|
|Inspector (Examiner)||CBIC||Group “B”|
|Assistant Enforcement Officer||Directorate of Enforcement, Dept. of Revenue||Group “B”|
|Sub Inspector||Central Bureau of Investigation||Group “B”|
|Inspector Posts||Dept. of Post||Group “B”|
|Inspector||Central Bureau of Narcotics||Group “B”|
|Assistant/ Superintendent||Indian Coast Guard||Group “B”|
|Assistant||Other Ministries/ Dept. s/ Organizations||Group “B”|
|Assistant||National Company Law Appellate Tribunal (NCLAT)||Group “B”|
|Research Assistant||National Human Rights Commission (NHRC)||Group “B”|
|Divisional Accountant||Offices under C&AG||Group “B”|
|Sub Inspector||National Investigation Agency (NIA)||Group “B”|
|Junior Statistical Officer (JSO)||M/o Statistics & Program Implementation.||Group “B”|
|Statistical Investigator Grade-II||Registrar General of India||Group “B”|
|Auditor||Offices under C&AG||Group “C”|
|Auditor||Other Ministry/ Dept||Group “C”|
SSC CHSL Dates 2021
- Dates for submission of online applications: 23rd December to 23rd January 2022
- Last date and time for receipt of online applications: 23rd January 2022 (23:30)
- Last date and time for making online fee payment: 25th January 2022 (23:30)
- Last date and time for generation of offline Challan: 26th January 2022 (23:30)
- Last date for payment through Challan (during working hours of Bank): 27th January 2022
- Dates of ‘Window for Application Form Correction’ including online payment: 28th Jan to 01st February 2022 (23:30)
- Schedule of Computer Based Examination (Tier-I): April 2022
- Dates of Tier-II Examination (CBE) & Descriptive Paper (Tier-III): To be notified later
SSC CHSL Eligibility Criteria 2021
- All the aspiring candidates of SSC CHSL 2021 have to abide by all the Eligibility Criteria decided by the Commission.
- A candidate must be either: (a) a citizen of India, or (b) a subject of Nepal, or (c) a subject of Bhutan, or (d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India, or (e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania(Formerly Tanganyika & Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia & Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India
- A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the Exam but the offer of appointment will be given only after, the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him/her by the Govt. of India
- For LDC/ JSA, PA/ SA, DEO (except DEOs in C&AG): The candidates must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
- For Data Entry Operator (DEO) in the Office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG): 12th Standard pass in Science stream with Mathematics as a subject from a recognized Board or equivalent.
- Note: Candidates who have not yet acquired but will acquire the educational qualification and produce documentary evidence from the Board/University in support thereof as on 01-01-2021 will also be eligible.
Age Limit (as of 01 January 2022)
- The age of candidates must be between 18 to 27 years.
- As per government guidelines age relaxation in SSC CHSL 2022 is given in the table below:
- For SC/ST age relaxation is 5 years
- For OBC age relaxation is 3 years
- For PH age relaxation is 10 years
- For PH+OBC age relaxation is 13 years
- For PH+SC/ST age relaxation is 15 years
- Ex-Servicemen (ESM) 3 years
- Candidates having domiciled in JK during the period from 1st
- January 1980 to 31st December 1989 5 years
- Defense Personnel disabled 3 years
- Defense Personnel disabled (SC/ST) 8 years
- Central Government Civilian Employees Up to 40 years of age
- Central Government Civilian Employees (SC/ST) Up to 45 years of age
- Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried Up to 35 years of age
- Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried (SC/ST) Up to 40 years of age
- Service Clerks in the last year of their color service in the Armed Forces Up to 45 years of age
- Service Clerks in the last year of their color service in the Armed Forces (SC/ST) Up to 50 years of age
SSC CHSL Application Process 2021
- Applications must be submitted only in online mode at the website of SSC Headquarter i.e. https://ssc.nic.in
- For detailed instructions, please refer to Annexure-III and Annexure-IV. Sample proforma of One-time Registration and online Application Form are attached as Annexure-IIIA and Annexure-IVA respectively.
- In the online Application Form, candidates are required to upload the scanned colour passport size photograph in JPEG format (20 KB to 50 KB)
- The photograph should not be more than three months old from the date of publication of the Notice of Exam, and, the date on which the photograph has been taken should be clearly printed on the photograph
- Applications without such date printed on the photograph will be rejected. Image dimension of the photograph should be about 3.5 cm (width) x 4.5 cm (height). The photograph should be without cap, spectacles and both ears should be visible.
- The Application Fee for SSC CHSL 2022 as per the categories is given below:
- General/OBC – Rs 100/-
- SC/ST/Ex-Serviceman/Female – Fee exempted
- Fee can be paid online through BHIM UPI, Net Banking or by using Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit cards or in cash at SBI Branches by generating SBI Challan
- Tier 1: Written exam of objective-type questions of 200 marks.
- Tier 2: It is a descriptive test of 100 marks and conducted in online mode;
- Typing Test/Skill Test – For candidates who get qualifying marks in Tier 2 exam. Candidates’ data entry speed should be 8,000 key depressions per hour on the computer. 35 words per min are necessary for English typing, whereas, 30 words per min in the case of Hindi typing.
- The Examination will be conducted in four tiers as indicated below:
- Tier-I: Computer Based Examination
- Tier-II: Computer Based Examination
- Tier-III: Pen and Paper Mode (Descriptive paper)
- Tier-IV: Computer Proficiency Test/ Data Entry Skill Test (wherever applicable).
SSC CHSL Tier-I
- There will be 4 sections (General Intelligence, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude & General Awareness) carrying 50 marks for each section.
- The duration of the examination will be 2 hours.
- The question paper will be available both in Hindi & English except for the English Language.
- There will be MCQ-type questions and ¼ marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- Each section will be of 50 marks.
|Tier||Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time allowed|
|I||A. General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50|
|B. General Awareness||25||50|
|(1 hour and 20 minutes|
|for the candidates
eligible for scribe as per
|C. Quantitative Aptitude||25||50|
|Para-7.1 and 7.2)|
|D. English Comprehension||25||50|
|II||Paper-I: Quantitative Abilities||100||200||2 hours
(for each Paper)
|Paper-II: English Language and Comprehension||200||200||(2 hours and 40 minutes for the candidates eligible for scribe as per Para-7.1 and 7.2)|
|Paper-IV: General Studies (Finance and Economics)||100||200|
Scheme of Tier-III Examination
|Tier||Mode of Exam||Scheme of Exam||Max. Marks||Time Allowed|
|III||Pen and Paper mode||Descriptive Paper in English or Hindi (Writing of essay/Precis /Letter/ Application etc.)||100||1 hour (1 hour and 20 minutes for the candidates who are eligible for scribe as per Para-7.1 and 7.2)|
- A candidate must indicate the Centre in the Application Form in which he/she desires to take the Tier I exam.
- Agra; Allahabad; Bareilly; Gorakhpur; Kanpur; Lucknow; Meerut; Varanasi; Bhagalpur; Muzaffarpur; Gangtok; Ranchi; Barasat; Berhmpore; Chinsurah; Kolkata; Malda; Midnapur; Siliguri; Bhubaneshwar; Keonjhargarh; Sambalpur; Port Blair; Bangalore; Dharwar; Mangalore; Mysore; Kochi; Kozhikode (Calicut); Thiruvananthapuram; Almora; Dehradun; Haldwani; Srinagar (Uttarakhand); Haridwar; Ajmer; Alwar; Bikaner; Jaipur; Jodhpur; Sriganganagar; Udaipur; New Delhi; Itanagar; Dibrugarh; Jorhat; Silchar; Kohima; Shillong; Imphal; Churachandpur; Agartala; Aizwal; Guntur; Hyderabad; Rajahmundry; Tirupati; Vishakhapatnam; Chennai; Coimbatore; Madurai; Tiruchirapalli; Tirunelveli; Puducherry; Ahmedabad; Vadodara; Rajkot; Surat; Bhavnagar; Kutch; Amravati; Aurangabad; Kolhapur; Mumbai; Nagpur; Nanded; Nashik; Pune; Thane; Bhandara; Akola; Jalgaon; Panaji; Anantnag; Baramula; Leh; Rajouri; Srinagar(J&K); Kargil; Dodda; Hamirpur; Shimla; Bhathinda; Jalandhar; Patiala; Amritsar; Chandigarh; Patna; Jammu; Chandrapur
- Selected candidates from SSC CHSL examination will get paid Rs. 5200 to Rs. 20200 with Grade pay of Rs. 1900 to Rs. 2400 per month.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website