SSC CHSL 2019 Notification (10+2), Vacancy, Eligibility, Application, Dates
SSC CHSL 2019 notification for 10+2 Level Exam - Apply Online for SSC Combined Graduate Level Exam (SSC CGL)
SSC CHSL 2019 Notification - The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has released a short notice forCombined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level Examination 2019-20.According to the notice, the commission will hold the Combined Higher Secondary Exam 2019 during the period from 16th & 27th March 2020 for recruitment to the post of Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC)/Junior Secretariat Assistant, Postal Assistant, Sorting Assistant, Data Entry Operator in different ministries/department/offices of government of India.
All interested candidates who wish to appear in SSC CHSL 2019 this will be able to apply from 03rd December 2019 onwards.
Other details like age, educational qualification, selection process, application fee and how to apply are given below
SSC CHSL Recruitment 2019 Details
- Name of Examination: SSC CHSL Exam 2019 (10+2)
- Exam Conducting Body: Staff Selection Commission
- Examination Level: All India Level
- Posts Offered - Lower Divisional Clerk/ Junior Secretariat Assistant, Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant and Data Entry Operators
See: Fresher Jobs 2019
SSC CHSL 2019 Vacancies
- Vacancies will be determined in due course. Updated vacancy position will be uploaded on the website of the Commission from time to time
SSC CHSL 2019 Pay Scale
The SSC offers a pay scale to its employees according to the post they are recruited in. Basic pay scale in LDC, PA, DEO Jobs is given below
- Lower Division Clerk (LDC)/ Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA): Pay Band -1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs. 1900 (pre-revised).
- Postal Assistant (PA)/ Sorting Assistant (SA): Pay Band -1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs. 2400 (pre-revised).
- Data Entry Operator (DEO): Pay Band-1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs. 2400 (pre-revised) and
- Data Entry Operator, Grade „A‟: Pay Band-1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs. 2400 (pre-revised) /-
SSC CHSL Exam Dates 2019
- Starting Date of Online Application: 03rd December 2019
- Last Date to Apply Online and Online Fee Payment: 10th January 2020
- Last Date of Offline Fee Payment: 02nd January 2020
- Date of Exam (Tier I): 16th to 17th March 2020
SSC CHSL 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- Nationality/Citizenship: A candidate must be either (a) a citizen of India, or (b) a subject of Nepal, or (c) a subject of Bhutan or (d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 01st January 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India, or (e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Govt. of India.
- A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the exam but the offer of appointment will be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him by the Govt. of India.
- Age limit for the posts is 18-27 years as on 01-08-2019 (i.e. Candidates born not before 02-08-1992 and not later than 01-08-2001)
Upper Age Limit:
Permissible relaxations of Upper age limit for different categories are as under:
- SC/ST 5 years
- OBC 3 years
- PH 10 years
- PH + OBC 13 years
- PH + SC/ST 15 years
- Ex-Servicemen (Unreserved / General) - 03 years after deduction of the military
- Ex-Servicemen (OBC) - 06 years (3 years + 3 years) after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the closing date
- Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST) - 08 years (3 years + 5 years) after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the closing date
- Central Govt. Civilian Employees (General/Unreserved) - Up to 40 years of age
- Central Govt. Civilian Employees (General/Unreserved) - Up to 43 years of age
- Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried - Up to 35 years of age
- 13 Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried (SC/ ST) - Up to 40 years of age
- 14 Service Clerks in the last year of their colour service in the Armed Forces - Up to 45 years of age
- 15 Service Clerks in the last year of their colour service in the Armed Forces (SC/ ST) - Up to 50 years of age
- 16 Retrenched census employees of the office of Registrar General of India (They will be considered only for offices under RGI in their order of merit and subject to availability of vacancies ) - 3 years plus length of service rendered by them in connection with census, before retrenchment and weightage of past service.
Educational Qualification (as on 01st August 2019)
- Candidates must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University
- For Data Entry Operator in the Office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG): 12th Standard pass in Science stream with Mathematics as a subject from a recognized Board or equivalent
- As per MHRD Notification dated 10.06.1995 published in Gazette of India, all the degree/diplomas/certificates including technical education degree/diploma awarded through Open and Distance Learning mode of education by the Universities established by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature, Institutions Deemed to be Universities under Section 3 of the UGC Act 1956 and Institutions of National Importance declared under an Act of Parliament stand automatically recognized for the purpose of employment to posts and services under the Central Govt. provided they have been approved by the Distance Education Bureau, UGC
- Candidates who have not acquired but will acquire the educational qualification and acquire documentary evidence from the Board/University in support thereof as on 01.08.2019 will also be eligible
- All candidates who are called for appearing at the Typing Test/Skill Test will be required to produce the relevant Certificate in Original such as Mark sheets, Provisional Certificate, etc. as proof of having acquired the minimum educational qualification on or before 01st August 2018 failing which the candidature of such candidate will be cancelled by the Commission
- Candidates who are able to prove, by documentary evidence that the result of the qualifying exam was declared on or before the cut-off date i.e. 01st August 2019 and he/she has been declared passed, will also be considered to have the required Educational Qualification
SSC CHSL 2019 Selection Procedure
- Candidates will be shortlisted for Tier-II Examination on the basis of their performance in Tier-I. There may be separate cut-offs for different posts i.e. DEO, DEO Grade 'A', LDC/ JSA, PA/ SA in Tier-I and subsequent Tiers
- Candidates will be shortlisted for Tier-III Examination the basis of their performance in (Tier-I + Tier-II) subject to having minimum score of 33% in Tier-II.
- Tier-III Examination i.e., Skill Test will be of qualifying type. The candidates who qualify Tier-III will be called for Document Verification to check the eligibility of candidates as per information given by him/ her in the online Application Form
- Final allocation of candidates will be made to User Departments depending on their merit position and the option exercised by them during document verification
- Provided that SC, ST, OBC, and PH candidates, who are selected on their own merit without relaxed standards, along with candidates belonging to other communities, will not be adjusted against the reserved share of vacancies. Such SC, ST, OBC, and PH candidates will be accommodated against the general/unreserved vacancies as per their position in the overall Merit List
See : SSC 2019 Exam Calendar
SSC CHSL 2019 Exam Pattern
- The examination will consist of a Computer based Written Examination (Tier-I), Descriptive Paper (Tier-II) and Typing Test/Skill Test (Tier-III) Examination for the post of Data Entry Operator, Postal Assistant & Sorting Assistant (PA/SA), Lower Division Clerk and Court Clerk
- Applicants will get 2 hours to solve the question paper and negative marking will be of one-fourth per question. The written examination is based on objective type questions on the following main topics
- The question paper will be divided into 4 sections- English language, General Awareness, General Intelligence and Quantitative aptitude
- There will be total 50 questions allotted to each section and the total marks for each section will be 50. The duration of the examination will be 2 hours. The questions will be of MCQ type. The question paper will be available in both Hindi and English language for Section I, III and IV
- There will be a penalty of ¼ marks for each wrong answer
- General Intelligence - 50 marks
- English Language - 50 marks
- General Awareness - 50 marks
- Quantitative Aptitude - 50 marks
- Written examination consists of Objective Type- Multiple choice questions only. The questions will be set both in English & Hindi for Part-I, III & IV
- There will be negative marking of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer. Answer Keys will be placed on Commission’s website after written examination
SSC CHSL 2019 Exam Centres
- A candidate must indicate the Centre in the Application Form in which he/she desires to take the Tier I exam
Agra, Allahabad, Bareilly, Gorakhpur, Kanpur, Lucknow, Meerut, Varanasi, Bhagalpur, Muzaffarpur, Patna, Gangtok, Ranchi, Barasat, Berhmpore, Chinsurah, Jalpaiguri, Kolkata, Malda, Midnapur, Siliguri, Bhubaneshwar, Cuttack, Keonjhargarh, Sambalpur, Port Blair, Bangalore, Dharwar, Gulbarga , Mangalore, Mysore, Kochi, Kozhikode (Calicut), Thiruvananthapuram, Thrissur, Almora, Dehradun, Haldwani, Srinagar (Uttarakhand), Haridwar, Delhi, Ajmer, Alwar, Bikaner, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Sriganganagar, Udaipur, New Delhi, Itanagar, Dibrugarh, Guwahati (Dispur), Jorhat, Silchar, Kohima, Shillong, Imphal, Churachandpur, Agartala, Aizwal Guntur, Hyderabad, Kurnool, Rajahmundry, Tirupati, Vishakhapatnam, Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Tiruchirapalli, Tirunelveli , Puducherry Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Rajkot, Surat, Bhavnagar, Kutch, Amravati, Aurangabad, Kolhapur, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Nashik, Pune, Thane Bhandara, Chandrapur, Akola, Jalgaon, Panaji, Anantnag, Baramula, Jammu, Leh, Rajouri, Srinagar(J&K), Kargil, Dodda, Hamirpur, Shimla, Bhathinda, Jalandhar, Patiala, Amritsar, Chandigarh
- Reservation for SC/ST/OBC/ExS/PH etc. categories is available as per extant Govt. Orders
SSC CHSL 2019 Application Fee & Mode of Payment
- Candidates required paying some amount as "Application Fees of CGL Exam 2019"; General & OBC Candidates Required to pay Rs.100/- as fees and Reserved Candidates (ST/SC)/PH/Women /Ex-Servicemen Category candidates are exempted from fees
- Candidate may note that only online applications will be accepted at https://ssconline.nic.in
- Online fee can be paid by the candidates up to 07-04-2019 (5.00 PM). However, candidates who wish to make the cash payment through challan of SBI, may make the payment in cash at the Branches of SBI within the working hours of bank up to 09-04-2019 provided the challan has been generated by them before 07-04-2019 (5.00 PM).
See: SSC Exam Date 2019
SSC CHSL 2019 Application Form
- Applications must be submitted in online mode only at the official website of SSC Headquarters i.e. https://ssc.nic.in. For detailed instructions, please refer to Annexure-I and Annexure-II of this Notice.
- Last date for submission of online applications is 05-04-2019 (5.00 PM).
- Candidates are advised in their own interest to submit online applications much before the closing date and not to wait till the last date to avoid the possibility of disconnection/ inability or failure to login to the SSC website on account of heavy load on the website during the closing days.
- The Commission does not accept any responsibility for the candidates not being able to submit their applications within the last date on account of the aforesaid reasons or for any other reason beyond the control of the Commission.