NATA 2021 Application Form, Dates, Eligibility, Exam Pattern, Syllabus
Council of Architecture announces National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) 2021
NATA 2021 - Council of Architecture announces National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) 2021 for admission to 5-years B.Arch. Degree Courses at various Institutions in India for the academic session 2021- 2022 twice this year.
The application can be submitted online from March 5th, 2021 to May 30, 2021. Check out details such as eligibility, application process, fee, exam pattern and more for NATA 2021 the page below.
Also see : NATA Result 2021 announced
About NATA 2021
- NATA Exam is conducted for various Architecture Courses. Through this candidates can get opportunities to get into (five years) of Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch) Program in all over India. NATA Exam will be Conducted (Two Times in a year) for Candidates.
- The Council of Architecture is pleased to announce that the first test and Second Test of the National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) 2021 Examination, shall be held on April 10, 2021, and June 12, 2021.
- NATA 2021 will be conducted as a comprehensive online aptitude test at the Council allotted centers in identified cities in the country.
NATA 2021 Important dates
For First Test Scheduled :
Availability of online application form - 05th March 2021
Last date for submission of online application form - 28th March 2021
Fee payment allowed till - 28th March 2021
Confirmation page printing available till - 28th March 2021
Candidate Correction window - 26th to 28th March 2021
Publication of Downloadable Admit Card - 06th April 2021
Date of NATA 2021 (First Test) - 10th April 2021
Publication of Results - 14th April 2021
For Second Test Scheduled :
Availability of online application form - 05th March 2021
Last date for submission of online application form - 30th May 2021
Fee payment allowed till - 30th May 2021
Confirmation page printing available till - 30th May 2021
Candidate Correction window - 25th to 30th May 2021
Publication of Downloadable Admit Card - 08th June 2021
Date of NATA 2021 (Second Test) - 12th June 2021
Publication of Results - 16th June 2021
Eligibility Criteria for NATA 2021
There are 2 types of eligibility that the candidates have to take care of.
Taking NATA-2021 :
- Candidates who have completed their 10 + 2 examinations with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics or 10+ 3 Diploma with Mathematics as the subject of study can appear for NATA 2021.
- Candidates appearing for 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as subjects of study or 10+3 Diploma with Mathematics in the current year may also provisionally appear for NATA-2021
- Candidates may note that NATA 2021 is the qualifier for admission to B.Arch. program offered by Universities/ Institutions in the country, subject to the fulfillment of eligibility criteria as prescribed by the Council.
- Qualifying in NATA-2021 does not Constitute a Right/ Guarantee in favour of the candidate for admission to any Architecture course unless the candidate has fulfilled all the prescribed requirements as specified by respective competent authorities in compliance with the eligibility criteria laid down by the council.
Admission to First year of B.Arch. Program :
- The eligibility for admission to 1st year of 5-year B.Arch. Degree program for the academic session 2021- 2022 shall be as per CoA (Minimum Standards of Architectural Education) Regulations, 2020 or as may be amended by the Central Government.
- The present eligibility in terms of Regulations, 2020 is as under:
- No candidate shall be admitted to the architecture course unless he has passed an examination at the end of the 10+2 scheme of examination with at least 50%. Aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics and also at least 50 %. marks in aggregate of the 10+2 level examination or passed 10+3 Diploma Examination with Mathematics as compulsory subject with at least 50 %. marks in aggregate.
- Candidates may note that no direct lateral admission is allowed at any year/semester/stage of B.Arch. course based on any qualification.
NATA 2021 Application Process
- Application is to be filled up Online at the NATA portal of www.nata.in.
- Candidates can register themselves either for the first test or second test OR for both by filling in the application form appropriately.
- The registration window for the second test will open for 14 days after the announcement of results of the test held on the first date.
- Candidates opting to appear in both the first and second test may note that they will be issued with a separate scorecard for each test. The scorecard for Second test shall contain the marks secured in First & Second Test. The best marks secured in either of the Tests shall be taken as the valid score for admission to B.Arch. Course.
- The online filling-up of the Application Form is interactive in nature and online guidance will be available on the official website.
- The application form is broadly categorized into three steps: -
- Step 1 - Personal Details
- Step 2 - Document Uploading
- Step 3 - Fee Payment
- Application fee payable by a candidate applying for NATA– 2021, for anyone test is INR Rs.2,000/- (Rupees Two thousand only) payable through Online mode.
- The application fee payable by a Candidate who wishes to apply for both first and second test, is Rs 4000/- (Rupees Four thousand only).
- Application Fee payable by candidates belonging to SC/ST and PWD and transsexual category for anyone test is Rs 1500/- (Rupees One thousand five hundred only) and for both tests is Rs 3,000/- (Rupees three thousand hundred only).
- Application fee payable Candidates opting to appear from test centres outside the territory of India is Rs.10,000/- (Rupees Ten thousand only) for anyone test and Rs. 20,000/- (Rupees Twenty thousand only) for both the tests through online mode.
NATA 2021 Admit Card
- For each Applicant, an Admit Card will be generated according to the schedule notified indicating the allotted Examination Centre for NATA 2021 and a downloadable version of the admit card will be published on the respective webpage of the candidate concerned. An Examination Roll Number will also be generated for each candidate
- The candidate has to download the soft copy of the Admit Card from the website and has to appear in the examination with a printed hard copy at the concerned Examination Centre indicated in the downloaded Admit Card along with one original photo identity card- Voter Card/ Pan Card/ Aadhar Card/ Driving Licence.
- Candidates must ensure that the photograph and signature printed on the admit card are not mutilated / distorted/soiled even by accident. Candidates with such mutilated/distorted/soiled admit cards will not be allowed to appear in NATA-2021.
NATA 2021 Exam Pattern
- The examination shall be conducted in one session on the date of the first test and on the second date of the test. The First NATA 2021 test is scheduled to be held on April 10, 2021, while the second NATA 2021 test shall be held on June 12, 2021.
Mode of Exam - Online Aptitude Test
Session 1 - 10.00 a.m. to 1.00 pm (180 mins/3.0 hours)
Session 2 - 2.30 pm to 5.30 pm (180 mins/ 3.0 hours)
Duration of the Exam - 180 minutes
Language of Exam - The medium of the Aptitude Test will be the English language.
Type of Question - The aptitude test will consist of questions that could be of the Multiple-Choice type (MCQ), Multiple Select type (MSQ), Preferential Choice type (PCQ), and Numerical Answer type (NAQ).
No. of Questions - 125 Questions
Total Marks - 200 Marks
Marking scheme - The questions will carry either 1 mark, 2 marks or 3 marks.
NATA 2021 Syllabus
The aptitude of the candidate will be assessed using some or all of the following techniques:
- Diagrammatic Reasoning – Tests the ability of logical reasoning, using diagrams and scenarios
- Numerical Reasoning – Tests mathematical ability through simple problems
- Verbal Reasoning – Assesses the ability to assess verbal logic.
- Inductive Reasoning – Tests the ability to see patterns and analyze given data
- Situational Judgment – Tests problem-solving ability.
- Logical Reasoning – Tests ability to recognize patterns, sequences, or relationships between shapes and imagery.
- Abstract Reasoning – Will assess general knowledge, and ability to utilize knowledge in new situations.
- Questions could be asked in various topics that assess candidates on basic concepts in mathematics, physics and geometry, language and interpretation, elements and principles of design, aesthetic sensitivity, color theory, lateral thinking and logical reasoning, visual perception and cognition, graphics and imagery, building anatomy and architectural vocabulary, basic techniques of building construction and knowledge of the material, general knowledge and current affairs, etc. and are may not be limited to those outlined.
List of Examination Cities
Andaman and Nicobar
Jammu and Kashmir
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website