Indian Navy Recruitment 2019 for SSR, Dates, Eligibility, Application
Indian Navy Sailor Recruitment 2019 - (Indian Navy SSR August 2019 Batch) - Apply online
Indian Navy Recruitment 2019 SSR (Aug Batch) - The Indian Navy (Nausena Bharti) has released a recruitment notification and invites online application from unmarried made candidates for enrollment as Sailors for 2500 vacancies (Approximately) for Senior Secondary Recruit (SSR) - August 2019 Batch course commencing from August 2019.
Eligible candidates can apply online from 14th December 2018 to 30th December 2018. Other details, like educational qualification, age limit, fee, selection process, and how to apply are given below.
Name of Batch: Senior Secondary Recruits (SSR) - August 2019 Batch - Indian Navy SSR
Name of the Posts: Sailor
Also See : Freshers Jobs
Indian Navy Recruitment 2019 for SSR Dates
- Registration of Online Application commences from 14th December 2018
- Last Date for Registration of Online Application: 30th December 2018
- Admit Card will be tentatively uploaded on website by February 2019
- The Merit List will be Available on Website on 20th June 2019
- Course Starting Month: August 2019
Eligibility Criteria for Indian Navy Recruitment 2019
- Unmarried Male Indian citizens and subjects of Nepal and Bhutan
- Educational Qualifications: Qualified in 10+2 examination with Maths & Physics and at least one of these subjects - Chemistry/Biology/Computer Science from the Boards of School Education recognised by MHRD, Govt. of India
- Age Limit: Candidates should have been born between 01st August 1998 to 31st July 2002 (Both dates inclusive)
- Examination, subject to qualifying Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and fitness in Medical Exams
- (a) The question paper will be computer-based with a total of 100 questions, each carrying 01 mark
- (b) The question paper will be bilingual (Hindi & English) and objective type (multiple-choice)
- (c) The question paper will comprise of four sections i.e. English, Science, Mathematics and General Knowledge
- (d) The standard of the question paper will be that of 10+2 and the syllabus & sample paper for the exam is available on website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in
- (e) Duration of examination will be one hour
- (f) The candidates are required to pass in all sections and in aggregate. The Navy reserves the right to determine the pass marks in each Section and in aggregate
- (g) Penalty for Wrong Answer: Candidates should note that there will be penalty (Negative Marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the question paper. There are four alternatives for the answer to every question. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, one fourth (0.25) of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty
Physical Fitness Test (PFT)
- (a) Qualifying in Physical Fitness Test (PFT) is mandatory for selection
- (b) PFT will consist of 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes, 20 squat ups (Uthak Baithak) and 10 Push-ups. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk
- Medical Exam will be conducted by authorised Military Doctors as per medical standard prescribed in current regulations applicable to sailors on entry
- Minimum height 157 cms Weight and Chest should be proportionate. Minimum Chest expansion of 5 cms
- The candidate must be in good physical and medical health free from any disease/disability, likely to interfere with efficient performance of duties
- Without Glasses: Better Eye 6/6; Worse Eye 6/9; With Glasses: Better Eye 6/6; Worse Eye 6/6
- Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearms i.e. from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reversed side of palm/ back (dorsal) side of hand
- Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body is not acceptable and candidate will be barred from recruitment
Final Enrolment Medical Exam
- All select list candidates who are issued with a call letter for final medical exam will have to undergo final enrolment medical exam at INS Chilka prior to enrolment
Selection Procedure for Indian Navy Recruitment 2019 (SSR)
- The selection procedure for Navy Recruitment 2019 (SSR) is as follows:
- Print out of online application will be received only through Ordinary Post. Application received through speed post/ registered post or couriers will be rejected. Short-listing criteria will be based on percentage of marks scored in 10+2
- Call up Letters cum Admit Card for online examination indicating date, time and place, which are scheduled during Feb 2019, would be required to be downloaded from the official website tentatively by end Jan 2019
- All original certificates, mark sheets and NCC certificate (if held) are to be produced at the time of written exam; if the details provided in ‘online application’ are not matching with original documents, your candidature will be cancelled
Pay and Allowances
- During the initial training period, a stipend of Rs. 14,600/- per month will be admissible. On successful completion of initial training, they will be placed in Level 3 of the Defence Pay Matrix (Rs.21700- Rs.69100)
- In addition, they will be paid MSP @ Rs.5200/- per month plus DA (as applicable)
- Promotion prospects exist up to the rank of Master Chief Petty Officer-I, i.e. Level 8 of the Defence Pay Matrix (Rs.47600- Rs.151100) plus MSP @ Rs.5200/- per month plus DA (as applicable). Opportunities for promotion to commissioned officer also exist for those who perform well and qualify the prescribed exams
- Exam Fee. Candidates (except SC/ST candidates, who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs.205/- through online mode by using net banking or by using Visa/ Master/ RuPay Credit/ Debit Card/ UPI
- Admit card will be issued for the exam only to those candidates who have successfully paid the exam fee and who are entitled to waiver of examination fee
Indian Navy Recruitment 2019 SSR Application Form
- For this entry the candidates can apply online only, manually filled applications will be rejected. The procedure for the same is as follows:
- Candidates are to apply Online through website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in from 14th December to 30th December 2018
- Before filling online application, keep Matric Certificate and 10+2 marks sheet ready for reference. Filling up of information like email id is compulsory
- Click on “Sailors Entry” button under apply online on the home page of website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in
- Fill up the form completely; before clicking the ‘Submit’ button make sure all the details are correct
- Print two copies of the online application form; one copy duly signed, along with attested copies of matriculation certificate, 10+2 marksheet, domicile, NCC Certificate (if held) and one self-addressed envelope of size 22x10 cms with Rs.10/- stamp affixed on envelope to be forwarded at the address
- The application may be uploaded from Common Service Centres (CSC) across the country, against a fixed fee of Rs 60/- + GST. This facility is entirely optional
- In case of any difficulty faced by potential candidates, they may contact IHQ MoD (Navy) through website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in
Indian Navy Recruitment 2019 (SSR) FAQ Question Answers
Q - What is the Salary of Indian Navy SSR ?
A - Rank wise the salary of Indian Navy SSR is as follows:
Rank Pay Band
Seaman I 5200 - 20200
Seaman II 5200 - 20200
Leading Seaman 5200 - 20200
Petty Officer 5200 - 20200
Chief Petty Officer 9300 - 34800
MCPO II 9300 - 34800
MCPO I 9300 - 34800
Q- What is the job of Steward in Indian Navy ?
A - As in restaurants stewards have the job of serving customers, same is the job of steward in the Indian Navy. They are regular sailors who serve the officers of ship and mess. They take care of the dining hall and ship in the messes of the wardroom. They also handle the Indian Navy’s bars, prepares drinks and cocktails, arranges parties, official lunches, dinners, etc.
Q- What is the full form of SSR?A - The full form of SSR is Senior Secondary Recruit. They are admitted through Sailor entry.
Q - What is the job profile of Indian Navy SSR?
A - The sailors of Indian Navy SSR are supposed to work in the best Technical organisations of Indian Navy. They serve in highly technical, modern and powerful ships such as the submarine, Guided missile destroyers, aircraft carriers, replenishment ships, etc. Here, they work on the firing of different weapons such as high powered guns or missiles, types of equipment like sonars, radars, etc. They can be alloted different branches and can be gunners, physical trainers, instructors, divers, etc.
Q- What is the eligibility requirements for applying for SSR in Indian Navy?
A - If you wish to apply for the post of SSR in Indian Navy, then you should have cleared your physics and Maths apart from clearing one of these subjects: Computer Science/ Biology/ Chemistry from a recognised education board.
Q- How can I join Indian Navy after 12th?A - Ways to join the Indian Navy as an officer after 12th:
- Naval Academy Entrance Exam: Every year UPSC conducts these entrance exams for those male candidates twice in a year during May & December who have cleared 12th with Maths & Physics from a recognised govt and state education board. Their age should be between 16 ½ and 19 years.
- 10+2 B. Tech. Cadet Entry: Those students who have cleared 12th or equivalent exam from a govt recognised board or University with minimum 70% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry & Maths and at least 50% marks in Class X or XII. You can apply for this through the official Indian Navy.
Ways to join the Indian Navy as a sailor:
- One can join Indian Navy as a Sailor in the form of Artificer Apprentice, Senior Secondary Recruits, Matric Recruits or non- Metric Recruits. They should have cleared 12th with Physics and Maths apart from one of the Computer/ Biology/ Chemistry.
- Musicians: To become a musician in the Indian Navy, the candidate should have cleared 10th standard along with some musical training.
Q- What is the recruitment process/Selection process of Indian Navy SSR?
A - Indian Navy releases the advertisement for recruitment of Indian Navy SSR twice in a year - Dec/Jan and June/July. The application forms can be found on the official site as soon as soon as an advertisement is out. The applicant needs to mention that he is applying for SSR post by compulsorily ticking that section. Fill the application form in capital letters and fix the photograph as instructed. You need to have self-attested copies of documents such as Domicile, Marksheet of 10th & 12th and others as mentioned. You have to fill two forms. They are to be sent to the concerned address of Navy HQ. The size of envelopes should be 22 X 20 cm and should be self-attested. On one of the envelope, put the Rs 10 stamp and mention details such as post you are applying for, domicile state, 12th percentage, etc.
Then you get the exam centre for the entrance exam based on Domicile state along with call letter cum admit card. When you are selected, you will have to appear for Physical and Medical Tests. After this, the merit list is declared.
Q- What is the syllabus of Indian Navy SSR?A - The syllabus of Indian Navy SSR is divided into four parts:
- Science: Kinematic, Laws of motion, Thermodynamics, Electricity, Gravitation, Magnetism Concepts, Optics, Semiconductor Devices, Communication Process, Organic & Inorganic Chemistry, Human Body, Food, Computer Science
- Maths: Trigonometry, Number System, Logarithms, Coordinate Geometry, Three Dimensional Geometry, Integral Calculus, Differential Calculus, Matrices & Determinants, Probability, Binomial Theorem.
- English: Grammar concepts like Active Voice, Passive Voice, Prepositions, synonyms, antonyms, adjective uses, fill in the blanks, etc.
- General Awareness: General Knowledge, Sports, Important national and international facts, Current affairs, awards, books & Authors, Concepts of History and Geography, monuments, capitals and currencies, etc.
Q- Can Girls join Indian Navy?
A - Yes, girls can join Indian Navy after graduation. They are admitted as the Officers and can’t be sailors as of now. They can join different branches of navy such as ATC, Observer, Law, Architecture, Education, Logistics, Flying branch etc.
There are three ways through which women join Indian Navy:
- CDS: Every year Indian Navy releases notifications through CDS conducted by UPSC regarding the number of vacancies for women. Women have to undergo screening of two stages out of which Stage I is written Test, and Stage II is ‘Personality Test.’
- SSC Technical Entry: Those women who have completed B.E. or B. Tech from a recognised university with at least 60% can apply through this.
- SNAES (Special Naval Architecture Entry Scheme): Those women who have a degree in Architecture from the recognised university can apply through this scheme.
Q- Can a person join Indian Navy after Class 10?
A - Those male candidates who have completed Class X from a recognised board are eligible to apply in Indian Navy through MR entry for the post of cook, steward & hygienists. One can also apply to become the musician.
Q- Can a person with Arts/Commerce in Class 12 apply for Indian Navy SSR?
A - A person can apply for Indian Navy SSR only if he has cleared Physics and Maths along with Chemistry /Biology/ Computer Science as one of the subjects. So, a person with Arts/ Commerce in Class 12 can’t apply for this post.
Q- What all activities are involved in Physical Fitness Test ?’
A - Physical Fitness Test or PFT comprises of 1.6 km run that a candidate has to complete in 7 minutes, 10 push-ups and 20 squats.
Q- Please give Indian Navy SSR Recruitment Test Sample Papers?
A - SSR Recruitment Test Sample Papers can be downloaded from this link
Q- What all documents are required while applying for Indian Navy SSR ?
A - The required documents are:
- Application Form filled properly in capital letters.
- Class X marksheet
- Class XII marksheet
- Domicile Certificate
- Two self attested envelope of size 22X20 cm