NIFT 2022 Entrance Exam Registration Begins, Dates, Eligibility, Application Form
NIFT Entrance Exam 2022 – National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) will be conducting NIFT 2022 Entrance Test for admissions to B.Des, B.F.Tech, M.Des. (Master of Design), M.F.M. (Master of Fashion Management) and M FTech (Master of Fashion Technology) Courses for the academic year 2022
Students interested in appearing for the NIFT 2022 entrance exam can check complete details about the entrance test including admit card, important dates, seat matrix, application procedure, eligibility criteria, exam pattern and more from the page below.
- B.Des. (Fashion Design), B.Des. (Leather Design), B.Des. (Accessory Design), B.Des. (Textile Design), B.Des. (Knitwear Design), B.Des. (Fashion Communication)
- B.FTech. (Apparel Production)
- M.Des. (Master of Design)
- M.F.M. (Master of Fashion Management)
- M.FTech. (Master of Fashion Technology)
NIFT Entrance Exam Dates 2022
- Admission Guidelines on NIFT Website: 1st week of December 2021
- Submission of Online Application starts from: 1st week of December 2021
- Submission of Application forms on or before 20th February 2022
- Updating of Application status for eligibility: Second week of April 2022
- Release of Admit Cards: Last week of April, 2022
- Date of Written Test: First week of May, 2022
- Announcement of result of the Written Test on NIFT Website: Last week of May 2022
- Research Proposal Presentation and Interview: Third week of June 2022
- Announcement of Results: Second week of July 2022
- Registration and payment of fees on or before: Last week of July 2022
- Semester Starts: 2nd August, 2022 (As per NIFT Academic Calendar)
NIFT Entrance Exam Eligibility Criteria 2022
- Bachelor’s Programs (B.Des & B.FTech): Maximum age should be less than 24 years as on 1st August of the year of admission. The upper age limit may be relaxed by a period of 5 (five) years for candidates of Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe/ Person with Disability (PWD) categories
- Educational Qualification for B.Des: The +2 level exam in the 10+2 pattern of exam of any recognized Central/State Board of Secondary Exam, such as Central Board of Secondary Education / State Board New Delhi, and Council for Indian School of Certificate Exam, New Delhi. A pass grade in the Senior Secondary School Exam conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects or; 3 or 4-years diploma recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education
- Any Public School/Board/University Exam in India or in foreign countries recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system
- General Certificate Education (GCE) Exam (London/ Cambridge/Sri-Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level/ International Baccalaureate (IB)
- Educational qualification for (B.FTech): The +2 level exam in the 10+2 pattern of exam of any recognized Central/State Board of Secondary Exam, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, and Council for Indian School of Certificate Exam, New Delhi with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or; 3 or 4-years diploma in any branch of Engineering recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education
- Master Programs (M.Des,M.F.M and M.FTech): Qualifying Age for M.Des, M.F.M and M.FTech – No age limit
- Master’s Program in DesignM.Des (Master of Design): Undergraduate Degree in any discipline from any Institute / University recognized by law in India or; Undergraduate Diploma of minimum three years duration from NIFT / NID
- Master’s Program in Fashion Management (MFM): Passed Undergraduate Degree in any discipline from any Institute / University recognized by law in India. Undergraduate Diploma of minimum three years duration from NIFT / NID
- Master’s Program in Fashion Technology- M.FTech: B.FTech from NIFT or; B.E / B.Tech from any Institute / University recognized by law in India. Candidates appearing in the qualifying exam are also eligible to apply.
NIFT Entrance ExamApplication Process 2022
- Application Form and Prospectus will be available online only. Candidates can apply online through the official website www.nift.ac.in or https://applyadmission.net/nift2022/
- Candidates are advised to keep a print out/photocopy of Application Form for further reference along with proof of payment.
- Guidelines for applying online may be referred for the purpose. The prospectus is available at NIFT website www.nift.ac.in free of cost.
- For General/ OBC (Non-Creamy)/ GEN/EWS Category – Rs. 2000/-
- For SC/ ST/ PWD Category – Rs.1000/-
- Mode of Payment – Application fee has to be paid through an online payment gateway.
- All eligible candidates would have to go through an exam process. The process for each program is separately listed below:
- B.Des: For candidates to the UG Design programs, the selection process comprises a written exam comprising a Creative Ability Test (CAT) and General Ability Test (GAT), followed by a Situation Test to be undertaken by shortlisted candidates of the written exam.
- B.FTech: For candidates to the UG Fashion Technology program, the selection process comprises a written exam comprising of a General Ability Test (GAT)
- M.Des: PG Design Program, the selection process comprises a written exam comprising of a Creative Ability Test (CAT) and GAT followed by GD/PI for shortlisted candidates of the written exam
- MFM: Selection process comprises of Written Test comprising of a GAT followed by GD/PI for shortlisted candidates of the written exam
- M.FTech.: For the M.F.Tech program, the selection process comprises of Written test comprising of a GAT followed by GD/PI for shortlisted candidates of the written exam
- Note: The objective type tests are subject to negative marking. The negative marking will apply at the rate of 0.25 each wrong answer.
- A Paper Based Test (PBT) for all UG and PG Programmes will be conducted on May 2022 at 32 cities – Ahmedabad, Kannur (Kerala), Bengaluru, Kolkata, Bhopal, Lucknow, Bhubaneswar, Madurai, Chandigarh, Mumbai, Chennai, Nagpur, Cochin,Patna, Coimbatore, Pune, Dehradun, Raipur, Delhi, Ranchi,Guwahati, Surat,Hyderabad, Udaipur, Jaipur, Vadodara, Jammu, Visakhapatnam, Jodhpur, Shillong, Kangra, Srinagar (J&K)
NIFT 2022 Admit Card
- Admit Cards of will be available for download from www.nift.ac.in or https://applyadmission.net/nift2022 from last week of April 2022.
For more details and to apply online, please visit official website