NIFT 2020 Entrance Exam, Dates, Eligibility, Application
NIFT 2020 Entrance Exam Notification for Admission to NIFT 2020 B.Des and B.F.Tech Courses
NIFT 2020 Entrance Exam - National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), will be conducting NIFT 2020 Entrance Test on January 20 for admissions to NIFT B.Des, B.F.Tech, M. Des, Master of Fashion Management (MFM), Master of Fashion Technology (M.F. Tech) Courses. The official notification of NIFT 2020 has been released on 23th October 2019.
Students interested in appearing for NIFT 2020 entrance exam can check complete details about the entrance test including admit card, important dates, seat matrix, application procedure, eligibility criteria, exam pattern and result on this page.
National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT)
- National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) is a set of 16 public institutions. Every year a national-level entrance exam is conducted for NIFT admissions by NIFT Delhi. The exam is a gateway for bachelor’s courses in Design (B. Des.) and Fashion Technology (B.F. Tech.), and Master’s Courses in Design (M.Des.), Fashion Technology (M.F. Tech.) and Fashion Management (M.F.M.). NIFT 2020 will be organised by NIFT, Delhi for all the sixteen Campuses around India
Total Seats in NIFT
- Grand Total – 4294 Seats
Programmes Offered by NIFT
Courses offered in the campuses of NIFT at UG and PG level are given below:
- Bachelor of Design (B. Des)
- Bachelor of Fashion Technology (B.F. Tech)
- Master of Design (M. Des)
- Master of Fashion Management (MFM)
- Master of Fashion Technology (M.F. Tech)
Important Dates for NIFT 2020 Entrance Exam
- Registration Starts: 23th October 2019
- Last date to apply online: 31 December 2019
- Last Date with Late Fee: 04 Jan 2020
- Window to Edit Application Form: 1st January to 4th January 2020
- Availability of Admit Card: 10th January 2020
- Written Entrance Exam Date: 19th January 2020 (Sunday)
- Result of Written Test: February/March 2020
- Situation Test/ GD/ Interview: April/May 2020
Eligibility Criteria for NIFT 2020
For Bachelor’s Programmes (B.Des, B.FTech)
For (B.Des) Programmes (Fashion Design / Leather Design / Accessory Design / Textile Design / Knitwear Design / Fashion Communication)
- The +2 level examination in the 10+2 pattern of examination of any recognized Central/State Board of Secondary Examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education / State Board New Delhi, and Council for Indian School Certificate Examination, New Delhi. OR
- A pass grade in the Senior Secondary School of Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects OR
- 3 or 4-years diploma recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education. OR
- Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in foreign countries recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system. OR
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri-Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level/ International Baccalaureate (IB).
For Bachelor of Fashion Technology (Apparel Production) (B.FTech) Programme
- The +2 level examination in the 10+2 pattern of examination of any recognized Central/State Board of Secondary Examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, and Council for Indian School of Certificate Examination, New Delhi with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. OR
- 3 or 4-years diploma in any branch of Engineering recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education OR
- A pass grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics OR
- Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in foreign countries recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. OR
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri-Lanka) at the advanced (A) level with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics / International Baccalaureate (IB).
For Masters Programmes (M. Des, M.F.M and M.F.Tech)
For M.Des (Master of Design)
- Undergraduate Degree in any discipline from any Institute / University recognized by law in India OR
- Undergraduate Diploma of minimum three years duration from NIFT / NID
- Note: Master of Design (M.Des.) is an advanced course that demands an understanding of fundamentals in design and presupposes that candidates would be familiar with the basic skills and theories for successful completion of the programme. The course would not provide any basic knowledge and skill development in design as a part of its Master’s programme.
For M.F.M (Master of Fashion Management)
- Undergraduate Degree in any discipline from any Institute / University recognized by law in India.OR
- Undergraduate Diploma of minimum three years duration from NIFT / NID
For M.FTech (Master of Fashion Technology)
- B.FTech. from National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) OR
- B.E / B.Tech. from any Institute / University recognized by law in India.
- Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply provided:
- That they produce proof of having acquired the minimum prescribed qualifications at the time of counselling/ admission. OR
- If the 12th class/final year/final semester (as the case may be) result of qualifying degree/certificate examination is not declared by the concerned Board/ University till the date of counselling/ admission, his/her admission in such case will be strictly provisional subject to the following conditions:
- Affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper of Rs.10/- in the prescribed Proforma (Annexure–I) is submitted. In case the candidate is minor i.e. below 18 years of age, the affidavit shall be signed by his/ her parent/guardian.
- Candidates/parent/guardians may note that submission of false affidavit is a punishable offence;
- Those candidates who are seeking provisional admission due to non declaration of their final year/final semester/12th class (refer Annexure -I) will provide proof of having passed all papers in all the previous years/semesters of qualifying degree examination (whichever relevant).
- The candidates will also bring the date sheet /admit card/ Principal’s certificate as proof of having appeared in the qualifying exam.
- The candidate will submit the final result of qualifying degree/certificate providing his/her eligibility on or before 30th September, 2020 to their Campus Director/Jt. Director where the admission has been granted.
- In case the candidate fails to submit his/her final result of qualifying degree in the manner prescribed above to prove his/her eligibility on or before 30th September, 2020, whatsoever the reason may be his/her admission will be treated as null and void (cancelled) and entire fee will be forfeited.
- All candidates must satisfy the required academic qualifications listed for the concerned course. In case the Degree/certificate has been obtained from a University /Board of any other country then an equivalence certificate must be obtained from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) New Delhi (website: www.aiuweb.org) prior to admission.
- Foreign nationals applying to NIFT must possess working knowledge of the English language.
- The Programme and Campus will be allotted on the basis of merit list drawn as per the scores obtained by the candidates in the following examinations:
- Bachelor’s Programme (B.Des & B.FTech) - SAT Score
- Master’s Programme (M.F.M) - GMAT Score
- Master’s Programme (M.Des & M.FTech) - GRE Score
- Candidates may have appeared in multiple SAT /GMAT/GRE examinations prior to 30th April 2020. The highest score among these tests will be taken into consideration for allotment of seat. The GRE/ GMAT/SAT scores should not have been declared before 1st January, 2018 and should be received by the Institute (NIFT) latest by 30th April, 2020.
- For UG Programs: Maximum age should be 23 years as on 1st October, 2019. The upper age limit may be relaxed by a period of 5 (five) years for the candidates of Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/ Person with Disability (PWD) categories
- For PG Programs: No age limit
Reservation of Seats
- The seats reserved for SC / ST / OBC (Non Creamy)/ GEN-EWS/ Person With Disability (PWD)/ Foreign Nationals / SAARC/ NRI/ OCI/ State Domicile, in each programme are as under
- SC - 15%
- ST - 7.5%
- OBC (NON-CREAMY) -27%
- GEN-EWS - 10%
- Person with Disability (PWD) -5%*
- *Horizontal reservation for Person with Disability (PWD) (with 40% or more disability) cutting across all sections i.e. SCs, STs, OBCs Non-Creamy and General category. Campus and programme will be allotted on rotation, at NIFT’s discretion.
NIFT Entrance Exam 2020 Application Process
- Candidates can apply online at www.nift.ac.in or https://admission.net/nift2020.
- Guidelines for applying online may be referred for the purpose. The prospectus is available at NIFT website www.nift.ac.in free of cost.
- The application fee has to be paid through online payment gateway or through Bank Demand Draft issued in favour of “NIFT HO” payable at New Delhi.
- Non-Refundable Fee for General/OBC (Non-Creamy)/GEN-EWS Category: Rs.2000/- through payment gateway or Demand Draft.
- Non-Refundable Fee for SC/ ST/ PWD Category : Rs.1000/- through payment gateway or Demand Draft.
Mode of Payment
- Credit Cards/Debit Cards and Demand Draft
Credit Cards /Debit Cards:
- Payments of application fee (Rs.2000/- or Rs.1000/-) can be made through credit cards/debit cards as explained above.
- The bank and/or transaction charges on the application fee will be borne by the candidate. Candidates are advised to apply on time.
- Payment of application fee (Rs 2000/-in case of GEN/OBC (Non-Creamy)/ GEN-EWS candidates and Rs 1000/- in case of SC/ST/PWD- candidates) can be made through Bank Demand Draft as explained above. The Demand Draft should be issued in favour of “NIFT HO”payable at New Delhi. The details of the Demand Draft are to be filled in the online application form.
- Candidates are advised to check the following details carefully before sending the Demand Draft
- DD made in favour of “NIFT HO”,
- Amount of Demand Draft as applicable i.e. Rs 2000/- in case of GEN/OBC (Non-Creamy)/ GEN-EWS candidates and Rs.1000/- in case of SC/ST/PWD candidates
- Name, Date, Amount & Signature of the issuing authority on the Demand Draft.
- Candidates applying through Demand Draft are required to send a printout of the Application Form, duly completed in all respects, along with Demand Draft on the following address: The Project Manager – CMS All India Management Association (AIMA) 15 Link Road, Lajpat Nagar – Part 3 New Delhi -110024 The duly filled form should reach the above address on time.
- Incomplete forms or forms received late will not be accepted.
- The Institute does not take any responsibility for delay or loss of forms or correspondence in postal transit or by courier. Candidates are advised to keep the copy of printout and Demand Draft for future reference.
NIFT 2020 Entrance Exam Admit Card
- Entry to the Examination Centre will be allowed with admit cards only.
- On the basis of information given in the NIFT Application Forms, Admit Cards of provisionally eligible candidates will be available for download from www.nift.ac.in or https://admission.net/nift2020 from 10th January, 2020 onwards.
- Admit cards will not be sent by post. Candidates are advised to regularly check NIFT website for updates.
- Note: Admit Cards, Results and Counselling Schedule will be available on NIFT’s website only. No separate communication will be sent by post.
NIFT 2020 Exam Pattern Process (for all Programs)
- All eligible candidates would have to go through an examination process. The process for each programme is separately listed below:
- B.Des: For candidates to the UG Design programmes, the selection process comprises a written examination comprising of a Creative Ability Test (CAT) and General Ability Test (GAT), followed by a Situation Test to be undertaken by shortlisted candidates of the written examination.
- B.FTech: For candidates to the UG Fashion Technology programme, the selection process comprises a written examination comprising of a General Ability Test (GAT).
- M.Des: For candidates to the PG Design programme, the selection process comprises a written examination comprising of a Creative Ability Test (CAT) and General Ability Test (GAT) followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview (GD/PI) for shortlisted candidates of the written examination.
- M.F.M.: For the M.F.M programme, the selection process comprises of Written test comprising of a General Ability Test (GAT) followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview (GD/PI) for shortlisted candidates of the written examination.
- M.FTech: For the M.F.Tech programme, the selection process comprises of Written test comprising of a General Ability Test (GAT) followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview (GD/PI) for shortlisted candidates of the written examination.
Written Exam (for all programmes)
- Based on their choice of city, all eligible candidates will have to appear for the written entrance examination at the Examination Centres opted by them.
- The written entrance examination is designed to test the knowledge, skill and aptitude of the candidates for the programme opted.
List of Exam Centres
- A Paper Based Test (PBT) for all UG and PG Programmes will be conducted on 19th January 2020 at 32 cities.
- The candidate may select only ONE city for the examination on 19th January 2020. No request for change in examination center will be entertained at any stage.
- Ahmedabad, Kannur (Kerala), Bengaluru, Kolkata, Bhopal, Lucknow, Bhubaneswar, Madurai, Chandigarh, Mumbai, Chennai, Nagpur, Cochin, Patna, Coimbatore, Pune, Dehradun, Raipur, Delhi, Ranchi, Guwahati, Surat, Hyderabad, Udaipur, Jaipur, Vadodara, Jammu, Visakhapatnam, Jodhpur, Shillong, Kangra, Srinagar (J&K)
NIFT New Delhi
National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), New Delhi (An Institute of Design, Management & Technology), Hauzkhas, Near Gulmohar Park, New Delhi-110016, Tel +91-1126542000, Website www.nift.ac.in