NTA JEE Main Eligibility 2019, Attempts, Qualification & Age Eligibility Criteria
NTA JEE Main Eligibility 2019 will be same as JEE Main 2018 except the age factor. However JEE Mains Eligibility conditions and other requirements like minimum qualification and age will be confirmed once the JEE Main 2019 Notification is published by the National Testing Agency (NTA). National Testing Agency (NTA) has recently been set up by the Union HRD Ministry with a prime focus to conduct entrance exams for admission to Higher Education Institutes in India.As you are aware the JEE Main is an All India Entrance Exam for admission to Undergraduate Engineering Courses (B.E./BTech and BArch/B.Planning Courses) in National Institutes of Technology (NITs), Centrally Funded Technical Institutes (CFTI) and other Engineering Colleges which accept JEE main Scores for admission to Engineering Courses in their college.IITs will continue to to organise . See complete info on JEE Main 2019 Eligibility.
JEE main 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must ensure their eligibility before applying for the JEE Main exam. Candidates can check the eligibility criteria from below:
Date of Birth
- Only those candidates whose date of birth falls on or after October 01, 1994 are eligible. However, in the case of SC, ST and Persons with Disabilities (PwD) candidates, upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years, i.e. SC, ST and PwD candidates who are born on or after 01st October 1989 are eligible
- Date of birth as recorded in the Secondary Education Board/University certificate will only be considered
Year of Appearance in Qualifying Exam (QE):
- Only those candidates who have passed their Class 12th Exam or any equivalent qualifying exam in 2017 or 2018; or those who are appearing in their Class 12th Exam or any equivalent qualifying exam in 2019 are eligible to appear in JEE (Main)-2019
- Candidates who passed Class 12th/Qualifying Exam in 2016 or before as well as those who will appear in such exam in 2019 or later are not eligible to appear in JEE (Main)-2019
No. of Subjects in the Qualifying Exam (QE):
- Candidates must have taken at least five subjects in class 12th/ qualifying exam in order to be eligible for writing JEE (Main) - 2019. The candidates who have taken four subjects are not permitted to write JEE (Main) - 2019 and if such candidates appear in JEE (Main) 2019 by furnishing wrong information, their rank/result will not be declared.
Score & Result for JEE (Main)-2019
- The score and rank of Paper-I of JEE (Main) - 2019 for all candidates will be declared by 01st week of Feb 2019. This score shall comprise the actual marks obtained in Paper-I of JEE (Main)-2019 along with the status of those who qualify for appearing in JEE (Advanced)-2019 provided and subject to other conditions of eligibility being met. The rank shall comprise All India rank and All India category rank.
- No score/rank card will be dispatched to the candidates and the candidates are advised to download their score/rank cards from the JEE (Main) Website https://jeemain.nic.in only
Get latest Engineering Entrance Exam Alerts by E-mail/SMS, Fill up the Form below:
Eligibility for NITs, IIITs & CFTIs participating through Seat Allocation Board:
- Admission to NITs, IIITs & CFTIs participating though Central Seat Allocation Board will be based on All India Rank as explained above in section 2.10 subject to the condition that the candidate should have secured at least 75% marks in the 12th class exam or be in the top 20% in the 12th class exam conducted by the respective Boards
- For SC/ST candidates the qualifying marks would be 65% in the 12th class exam
- Subject combinations required in the qualifying exam for admission to B.E./B. Tech. & B. Arch./B. Planning Courses in NITs, IIITs, and other CFTIs shall be as under.
- For B.E. /B Tech - Required Criteria based on Class 12th/Equivalent qualifying Exam; passed 10+2 Exam with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Technical Vocational subjects.
- B.Arch./B.Planning- Passed 10+2 Examination with Mathematics.
Number of Seats in various Institutions:
- For all admission related procedures/queries, the candidates are advised to refer the website of JoSAA, Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB) or the concerned State Govt. /Institute after declaration of ranks of JEE (Main) - 2019
Reservation of Seats
- As per Govt. of India rules candidates belonging to certain categories are admitted to seats reserved for them based on relaxed criteria. These categories are:
- OBC if they belong to Non-Creamy Layer (NCL) - 27%
- SC - 15%
- ST - 7.5%
- PwD with 40% or more disability - 03% Horizontal
- Benefit of reservation for admission to NITs/IIITs and CFTIs shall be given only to those classes/castes/tribes which are in the respective central list published by the Govt of India
- For admission to State Engineering colleges who have opted for admission through JEE (Main)-2019, the reservation rules of that state shall apply
Also See :