NTA JEE Main Eligibility 2023 will be the same as JEE Main 2023 except the age factor. However, JEE Mains Eligibility conditions and other requirements like minimum qualification and age will be confirmed once the JEE Main 2023 Notification is published by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
National Testing Agency (NTA) has recently been set up by the Union HRD Ministry with a prime focus to conduct entrance exams for admission to Higher Education Institutes in India.
As you are aware the JEE Main is an All India Entrance Exam for admission to Undergraduate Engineering Courses (B.E./BTech and BArch/B.Planning Courses) in National Institutes of Technology (NITs), Centrally Funded Technical Institutes (CFTI) and other Engineering Colleges which accept JEE main Scores for admission to Engineering Courses in their college.
IITs will continue to organize. See complete info on JEE Main 2023 Eligibility.
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2023
Qualifying Exams (QE)
- The final exam of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized Central/ State Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi; Council for the Indian School Certificate Exams, New Delhi; etc.
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University exam conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
- Final exam of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defense Academy
- Senior Secondary School Exam conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School/ Board/ University Exam in India or any foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- Higher Secondary Certificate Vocational Exam
- A Diploma recognized by AICTE or a State board of technical education of at least 3 years duration.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) Exam (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level
- High School Certificate Exam of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
Year of Appearance in Qualifying Exam
- Only those candidates who have passed Class 12 / equivalent exam in 2021 or 2022; or those who are appearing in Class 12 / equivalent exam in 2023, are eligible to appear in JEE (Main) 2023.
- Candidates who passed Class 12/equivalent exam in 2020 or before as well as those who will appear in such Exam in 2024 or later are not eligible to appear in JEE (Main) 2023
State of Eligibility
- State code of eligibility means the code of the State from where the candidate has passed Class XII (or equivalent) qualifying exam by virtue of which the candidate becomes eligible to appear in JEE (Main) 2023. It is important to note that the State code of eligibility does NOT depend upon the native place or the place of residence of the candidate
- For example, if a candidate appears for the Class XII exam in New Delhi and is a resident of Noida, Uttar Pradesh, the candidate’s State code of eligibility will be that of Delhi and NOT that of Uttar Pradesh
- If a candidate has passed Class XII (or equivalent) qualifying exam from one State but appeared for improvement from another State, the candidate’s State code of eligibility will be from where the candidate first passed the Class XII (or equivalent) exam and NOT the State from where the candidate has appeared for improvement
- Candidates passed/appearing class 12th from NIOS should select the State of Eligibility according to the State in which the study centre is located.
- For appearing in the JEE (Main) – 2023, there is no age limit for the candidates. The candidates who have passed the class 12/equivalent examination in 2021, 2022, or appearing in 2023 irrespective of their age can appear in JEE (Main) – 2023 examination.
Recommended Articles –