Letter of Enquiry | Enquiry Letter Format Class 10, Sample and Examples
By : Ruchika Gupta
Enquiry Letter | Enquiry Letter Format, Enquiry Letter Class 10 to 12 and Letter of Enquiry Examples
How to Write an Enquiry Letter for Class 10 to 12
Letter of Enquiry - An Enquiry letter is a formal letter, written to enquire and get details regarding something that a person wants to gain further knowledge about.
The method for writing an Enquiry letter has been discussed in detail here (stepwise). The students can see how to compose an enquiry letter and practice writing the following method and format given below.
Important Questions and Answers
Enquiry Letter Introduction
An Enquiry letter is a formal letter, written to enquire and get details regarding something that a person is interested in. It could be written with respect to an item that a person is interested in buying, a course that a person wants to study, a vacation trip that a person wants to go on, etc.
As the sender of an Enquiry letter needs information about something, the enquiry letter must mention the contact details of the sender where the said information has to be sent. It must contain the particulars of the thing enquired about.
It must also list down all the aspects of the thing about which the sender wants detailed information.
Enquiry Letter Format | Letter of Enquiry Format
The Enquiry Letter Format is as follows –
1. Sender’s address: Include an email and phone number, if required.
2. Date: Below address. Leave one space or line.
3. Receiver’s address
4. The subject of the letter
5. Salutation (Sir / respected sir / madam)
Paragraph 1: Introduce yourself and the purpose of writing the letter
Paragraph 2: Detail of the enquiry
Paragraph 3: Conclude / end
7. Complimentary Closing
8. Sender’s name, signature and designation (if any)
Enquiry Letter Sample
Important Videos Links
To see a solved example of an Enquiry Letter, Please see the video below –
- Learn English Writing Skills
- Essay writing in English, Topics, Examples, and Format
- Ten tips on writing a good essay
- Class 10 English Lessons - Explanation
- Class 12 English Lessons Explanation
- Free Online English Test - MCQ Test Series
- Report Writing Format, Tips, Topics