By : Ruchika Gupta
Order Letter Format | English Letter Writing Skill for CBSE Class X to XII
How to Write an Order Letter for Class X & XII English Syllabus
Order Letter – An order letter is written for the purpose of purchasing something. It is composed in a formal method of writing. The method for writing an order letter has been discussed in detail here (step –wise). The students can see how to compose an order letter and practice to write the following the method and format given below.
How to Write an ORDER LETTER
Order Letter format – An Order Letter is written to place an order for any items. It mentions the and details of the items required. It must specify details like an address for delivery, the deadline for delivery, mode of payment, etc.
Features of an Order Letter Format are as follows –
- Formal letter: An Order letter is a type of Formal Letter.
- It is written to place an order for goods, articles or items.
- As it is a formal letter, we have to follow the format and write within the word limit (1oo – 120 words).
The Order Letter Format is as follows –
1. Sender’s address: Include an email and phone number, if required.
2. Date: Below address. Leave one space or line.
3. Receiver’s address
4. Subject of the letter
5. Salutation (Sir / respected sir / madam)
Paragraph1: Introduce yourself and the purpose of writing the letter
Paragraph2: Detail of the articles ordered
Paragraph3: Conclude / end
7. Complimentary Closing
8. Sender’s name, signature and designation (if any)
To see a solved Example of Order Letter, please see the video below –
- Letter to the Editor Format and Samples
- Class 9 English Explanation, Summary
- Class 10 English – Explanation
- Class 12 English Lessons Explanation
- Free Online English Test – MCQ Test Series