IIIT Hyderabad announces Direct Admission to Students Abroad (DASA) 2021 for Undergraduate Students
IIITH DASA 2021 – International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad invites applications for admissions under Direct Admissions for Students Abroad (DASA) mode for Undergraduate students for the academic year 2021-22
DASA or Direct Admission of Students Abroad is a scheme by the HRD Ministry for admissions to premier Indian institutes offering Engineering/ Management/ Architecture/ Planning Programs.
Programs Offered under DASA 2021
Four year Single Degree Programs
- [CSE] – B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering
- [ECE] – B.Tech in Electronics and Communication and Engineering
Five year Dual Degree Programs
- [CLD] – B.Tech in Computer Science and Master of Science in Computational Linguistics by Research
- [CND] – B.Tech in Computer Science and Master of Science in Computational Natural Sciences by Research
- [CHD] – B.Tech in Computer Science and Master of Science in Computing and Human Sciences by Research
IIITH DASA 2021 Important Dates
- Application Process – Ongoing
- Last date for submission of the Online application – 2nd week of May 2021
Eligibility Criteria for IIITH DASA 2021
- SAT Test scores are mandatory for application; the essay part of SAT is not required. The applicant should have a minimum aggregate score of 1070 (out of a maximum of 1600) in SAT. The test scores should be reported directly to IIITH by the college board and the scores should reach IIITH on or before 20th June, 2021.
- In addition to SAT Test scores, the applicant should also satisfy anyone of the following two qualifying criteria:
- The aggregate of 75% (or 7.5 grade on 10 point scale) in Maths, Physics, and Chemistry in the respective board exams.
- The aggregate of 2200 (out of 2400) in SAT Subject Tests in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics level 2.
- Applicants should have written the SAT and (optional) SAT subject tests not earlier than May 2019.
- Admissions through DASA mode for 2021-22 will be through SAT scores. The primary ranking criterion is the total SAT score. All applicants will be ranked based on these total marks first. In the case of a tie in total marks, the following marks (in the given order) will be used to resolve the same.
- Evidence-based Reading and Writing (SAT)
- Maths (SAT)
- Students tied even after the above will be given the same rank and treated on par.
IIITH DASA 2021 Application Process
- The online application should be submitted by candidates on the official website http://ugadmissions.iiit.ac.in/dasa_page.html
- Applicants have to indicate their preferences for the programs listed above on the application portal. No change of preferences will be allowed after the submission deadline of the application.
- While applying, you are advised to choose only the programs you are willing to join, if allotted, in the branch preference list. A program should not be in your preference list as a placeholder for another one. If you do not take up an allotted seat, you are denying that seat to another student.
- If you are interested in only one program, say, ECE (B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering) and no other program of the Institute, you should give ECE as your first preference on the application portal and nil for others. If you are keen only on a few programs of the Institute, give the preference order only among those.
- A fee of INR 6000 (Non-Refundable) is to be paid online while submitting the online application form.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website