CBSE Class 11 English Chapter 6 The Browning Version MCQs with Answers from Hornbill Book
The Browning Version MCQs – Here is a compilation of Free MCQs of Class 11 English Hornbill book Chapter 6 The Browning Version. Students can practice free MCQs as have been added by CBSE in the new Exam pattern. At the end of Multiple Choice Questions, the answer key has also been provided for your reference
Click Here for the MCQ video of The Browning Version
Click here for The Browning Version Summary, Explanation, Question Answers Video
1. Who has written ‘The Browning Version’?
A. Terence Rattigan
B. Mr Edgar S. Woolard
C. Mr. Lester Brown
D. Kushwant Singh
2. Who are the three characters of the play ‘The Browning Version’?
A. Taplow, Alice and Mr. Harrow
B. Taplow, Frank and Mrs. Harris
C. Taplow, Frank, and Mr. Crocker – Harris
D. Alice, Frank and Mr. Crocker – Harris
3. What is the age of Taplow?
4. What does Frank do?
5. Who is Mr. Crocker-Harris ?
B. School Teacher
C. middle-aged schoolmaster
D. Don’t know
6. Where is the starting scene of the play set ?
A. School Classroom
B. School Playground
7. What was Taplow doing on the last day of school?
A. Extra Work
B. Time pass
C. Can’t say
D. completing homework
8. In which class does Taplow study in?
A. Lower fifth
D. lower tenth
9. Why does Taplow have to do extra work?
A. because he has missed his previous week due to illness
B. because he didn’t perfomed well in his studies
C. because he was there to help his teacher
D. because he was called by his teacher
10. Why does Taplow want Science as a remove?
A. because he has no option
B. because he finds the subject extremely interesting
C. because he is confused
D. Cant say
Class 11 Important Links
|Class 11th English Hornbill and Snapshots Lessons Explanation, Question Answers||Class 11 English Hornbill Book Poems|
|Class 11 English Snapshots Book Lessons Explanation||Class 11th English Hornbill and Snapshots Book MCQs|
|Take Free MCQ Test English|
11. Why did Taplow call Mr. Crocker – Harris ‘Hardly Human’?
A. because he is a sadist
B. he is all shriveled up
C. He is very rude to everyone
D. he finds peace in failing students
12. What book was Taplow reading?
A. History textbook
B. The Agamemnon
B. Julius Caesar
D. Englsh Novel
13. At what time was Mr. Harris supposed to come to school?
14. Why was Frank jealous of Mr. Crocker – Harris?
A. because of the effect he has on students
B. because of his fame
C. because he was senior schoolmaster
D. because he was paid well
15. What short name does Taplow call Mr. Crocker – Harris in his absence?
16. How does Taplow react when Mr. Crocker – Harris cracked a joke in the class?
A. he laughed
B. he ignored it
C. he asked him what it meant
D. he did nothing
17. What is the name of Mr. Crocker – Harris’s wife?
A. Millie Crocker – Harris
B. Miley Crocker – Harris
C. Haley Crocker – Harris
D. never noticed
18. When did Mrs. Crocker – Harris entered the classroom?
A. When Taplow and Frank were discussing Mr. Harris
B. When no one was in the classroom
C. with Mr. Crocker – Harris
D. when only Taplow was in the classroom
19. How would you describe Millie Crocker – Harris?
A. Thin Woman, late thirties, smartly dressed
B. fat woman, forties
C. thin woman, in her twenties
D. thin women, smartly dressed
20. Who said the lines, ‘Come along, Taplow. Do not be so selfish as to keep a good joke to yourself.’?
A. Mr. Crocker – Harris
Important Videos Links
|Class 11 Important Questions Videos||Class 11 English Hornbill and Snapshots Book MCQs Video|
|Class 11 Snapshots Book Chapter wise Explanation||Class 11 Hornbill Book Chapter wise Explanation|
21. Why was Taplow worried that Mrs. Crocker – Harris might have heard what they were saying?
A. as she had been standing for a few minutes when they were busy talking
B. as she interrupted them talking about his husband
C. as she heard them talking about Principal
D. Don’t know
22. What was Millie carrying when she entered the classroom?
23. Where was Mr. Crocker – Harris?
A. At the Bursar’s
B. At home
C. At market
D. At library
24. What did Millie suggest to Taplow in her husband’s absence?
A. to go to chemist to get her prescription filled
B. to go to his home
C. to play golf
D. to wait
25. Does Taplow think that Mr. Crocker – Harris is baised?
C. May be
D. Can’t Say
26. How is Mr. Crocker – Harris different from other teachers?
A. as he is not biased
B. as he is strict
C. as he is old
D. as he is rude
27. How did Frank react upon the arrival of Mrs. Crocker – Harris?
A. he was happy
B. he was nervous
C. he was relieved
D. nothing as such
28. Who was Agamemnon?
A. he was American astrologer
B. he was an Egyptian king
C. he was the king of Mycenae in Greek mythology
D. Don’t know
29. What does ‘Remove’ mean in the chapter?
A. a division in British Schools
B. take away something
D. get rid of
30. Does Mr. Crocker – Harris come to the school in the play?
D. Can’t say
Answer key for Class 11 English Hornbill Book Chapter 6 – The Browning Version
|Q. No.||Answer||Q. No.||Answer||Q. No.||Answer|
Class 11 English MCQs
|The Portrait of a Lady MCQs||We’re not afraid to die MCQs|
|Discovering Tut: the saga Continues MCQs||Landscape of the Soul MCQs|
|The Ailing Planet MCQs||The Browning Version MCQs|
|The Adventure MCQs||Silk Road MCQs|