CBSE Class 11 English Hornbill book Chapter 3 “Discovering Tut: the Saga Continues” Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) with Answers
Here is a compilation of Free MCQs of Class 11 English Hornbill book Chapter 3 – Discovering Tut: the Saga Continues. Students can practice free MCQs as have been added by CBSE in the new Exam pattern. At the end of Multiple Choice Questions, the answer key has also been provided for your reference.
1. Who was Tutankhamun?
A. A Geologist
B. A Scientist
C. An Egyptian king
D. A historian
2. When did Tut die?
A. When he was a teenager
B. When he was old
C. When he was in middle age
D. When he was a child
3. Who discovered Tut’s tomb and when?
A. Adam Cooper in 1901
B. Howard Carter in 1922
C. Howard Carter in 1930
D. Sam Shaw in 1890
4. When was Tut’s body taken for CT scan after being found?
A. After 1 year
B. After 80 years
C. After 50 years
D. After 30 years
5. For how many years did Amenhotep III rule Egypt?
A. 5 years
B. 20 years
C. 10 years
D. 40 years
6. Who promoted the worship of Aten (the sun disk) ?
B. Amenhotep III
C. Amenhotep IV
D. None of the above
7. What name did Amenhotep IV change to?
D. Amenhotep III
8. For how many years did Tutankhamun rule Egypt?
9. What was found with Tutankhamun’s body?
B. Egyptian Gold Coin
C. Nothing as such
D. gold, wealth, bronze razor, games, clothes, cases of food and wine
10. How would you describe Tut’s tomb?
C. wall paintings with gold-plate
D. rock-cut, 26 feet underground, which had wall paintings
Class 11 Important Links
|Class 11th English Hornbill and Snapshots Lessons Explanation, Question Answers||Class 11 English Hornbill Book Poems|
|Class 11 English Snapshots Book Lessons Explanation||Class 11th English Hornbill and Snapshots Book MCQs|
|Take Free MCQ Test English|
11. What was in the first coffin?
A. garlands of olives, lotus petals, and cornflowers
B. flowers and coins
C. gold, wealth, bronze razor, games, clothes, cases of food and wine
D. It was empty
12. Why did the third coffin put Carter in trouble?
A. It was empty
B. The resins used to cement Tut to the bottom of the solid gold coffin which was hardened enough
C. The material found inside was already looted
D. None of the above
13. How did Carter remove the resins?
A. with the help of chisel and hammer
B. with the help of chemicals
C. with the help of machinery
D. with the help of man power
14. How did Carter cut the body of Tut?
A. First head and then every limb
B. first leg and then head
C. first legs, head and then limbs
D. limb, hand only
15. What did Carter and his men do after cutting down his body?
A. they sent it for X-Ray
B. they examined them carefully
C. they placed it on the layer of sand in a wooden box
D. they clicked photographs
16. When was the mummy examined in X-Ray by the anatomy professor?
A. In 1945
B. In 1986
C. In 1968
17. What facts were revealed when the mummy was X-Rayed in 1968?
A. his several possessions were missing
B. his hip bone was missing
C. his breast bone and front ribs were missing
D. his feet bone was missing
18. When was Tut’s body taken for CT Scan in the 21st century?
A. January 05 2005
B. January 10, 2007
C. June 09, 2001
D. February 12, 2009
19. What does CT scan stand for?
A. Computed Telegraphy
B. Computed Tomography Scan
C. Car Topology
D. Computer Technology
20. How did the workmen lift the body for the scan?
A. through the stairs
B. on a hydraulic trailer
C. through sliding
D. through lift
21. Why did the procedure stop in between?
A. As spare fan stopped working
B. as the light went off
C. As the lift broken
D. none of the above
22. When was Tut’s body taken back in his tomb after CT scan?
A. After a day
B. After 3 hours
C. After 12 hours
D. After 5 hours
23. What is the Cemetery of Tut called?
A. Valley of the Kings
B. Tut’s Resting Place
C. Resting Peace
D. Valley of Flowers
24. How did Tut die?
A. It is a mystery
B. Due to heart attack
C. Due to Cancer
D. During a war
25. Who said “The mummy is in very bad condition because of what Carter did in the 1920s”? A. Carter
B. Zahi Hawass
C. an anatomy professor
D. A Egypt Historian
26. “Tut was laid to rest, laden with ……….”
27. When did Tut die?
A. 22000 years ago
B. more than 33000 years ago
C. 10000 years ago
D. 16000 years ago
28. What was Tut lavished with?
A. gold, silver, flowers
B. lots of jewels
C. “glittering goods: precious collars, inlaid necklaces and bracelets,
rings, amulets, a ceremonial apron, sandals, sheaths for his fingers
and toes all of pure gold”
D. expensive clothing
29. How has archeology changed through the decades?
A. focusses more on a treasure
B. focusses more on physical findings
C. focusses on time factors more
D. focusing less on treasure and more on the fascinating details of life and mysteries of death
30. Who is Osiris?
A. god of nature
B. god of afterlife
C. god of seasons
D. god of universe
Answer key for Class 11 English Hornbill Book Chapter 3 – Discovering Tut: the Saga Continues
|Q. No.||Answer||Q. No.||Answer||Q. No.||Answer|
Important Videos Links
|Class 11 Important Questions Videos||Class 11 English Hornbill and Snapshots Book MCQs Video|
|Class 11 Snapshots Book Chapter wise Explanation||Class 11 Hornbill Book Chapter wise Explanation|