CBSE Class 11 English Hornbill book Chapter 7 “The Adventure” Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) with Answers
Here is a compilation of Free MCQs of Class 11 English Hornbill book Chapter 7 – The Adventure. Students can practice free MCQs as have been added by CBSE in the new Exam pattern. At the end of Multiple Choice Questions, the answer key has also been provided for your reference.
1. What is the name of the protagonist of the story ‘The Adventure’?
A. Professor Ajay Sharma
B. Professor Gangadharpant Gaitonde
C. Professor George Bush
D. Professor Gangadhar Kant Gaitonde
2. Where was Professor Gaitonde travelling to?
A. From Pune to Bombay
B. From Pune to Delhi
C. From Bombay to Pune
D. No where
3. What is the name of train by which Professor Gaitonde was travelling?
A. Deccan Queen
B. Rajdhani Express
C. Jijamata Express
D. Shatabdi Express
4. Whom did Professor Gaitonde met during his train journey?
A. Khan Sahib
D. Professor George
5. Where did Professor Gaitonde and Khan Sahib got off?
A. Bombay station
C. No where
D. Victoria Terminus station
6. Did the Professor see British officers, Parsees and Anglo-Indian staff all around at Victoria Terminus station?
C. Don’t Know
7. What did the Professor notice at the Hornby road?
A. shops were different
B. road was constructed
C. new shopping complex
D. new residential complex
8. Whom did Professor Gaitonde enquire about on entering the Forbes building ?
A. President of the company
B. Mr. Vishal Gaitonde
C. Mrs. Vishala Gaitonde
D. Mr. Vinay Gaitonde
9. Why did the professor go to town hall?
A. to check facts from history books
B. to pass time
C. to read books
D. to meet someone
10. What did Professor start investigating at Town Hall?
A. American History
B. Battle of Plassey
C. the period of Asoka to the third battle of Panipat.
D. About East India Company
Class 11 Important Links
|Class 11th English Hornbill and Snapshots Lessons Explanation, Question Answers||Class 11 English Hornbill Book Poems|
|Class 11 English Snapshots Book Lessons Explanation||Class 11th English Hornbill and Snapshots Book MCQs|
|Take Free MCQ Test English|
11. What did Professor find in the fifth volume of ‘Bhausahebanchi Bakhar’ ?
A. Marathas had won the Battle of Panipat
B. India has never been under British Raj
C. Marathas had won battle of Plassey
D. None of the above
12. What happened after the Battle of Panipat in India?
A. India merged with neighbouring nations
B. India moved to the path of democracy
C. New ruler
D. British rule ended
13. Why did Professor start liking the new India that he was reading about?
A. This country knew how two stand on its feet
B. It was different from the one he knew
C. in this form, India was a wealthy nation
D. as he liked the ruler in this new country
14. What book did the Professor slip into his pocket before leaving the library?
B. English Literature
15. Towards which place did the professor decide to take a walk after having his dinner?
A. Post Office
D. Azad Maidan
16. What did the professor notice at the lecture going on in the pandal?
A. there was no crowd
B. presidential chair was empty
C. the speaker was very old
D. the language in which the lecture was unfamiliar
17. What did the professor do when he noticed the empty chair?
A. he sat on the chair
B. he went away
C. he stood in the crowd
D. he went back to his guest house
18. How did the crowd react when he sat on the empty presidential chair?
A. threw several objects at him and pushed him away
B. asked him to leave politely
C. heard his speech
D. did nothing but ignored him
19. What happened after the empty chair incident?
A. he was in the hospital
B. he went to his room
C. he went to meet his friend
D. he decided to go back
20. Whom did the Profesesor meet at the Hospital?
21. Why did Professor Rajendra say that the incidents narrated by Gaitonde were not real?
A. as he was in coma for two days
B. as he was not well
C. as his mental state was not good
D. as Rajendra wanted to believe in facts
22. Which theory as explained by Rajendra states that a small change in any situation can result in a shift in behaviour?
A. Quantum theory
B. Theory of Relativity
C. Big Bang Theory
D. Catastrophe theory
23. According to which of the two theories did the incident with Professor Gaitonde happen? A. Quantum theory and Theory of Relativity
B. Only Big Bang Theory
C. Catastrophe theory and lack of determinism in Quantum theory
D. Catastrophe theory and Theory of Relativity
24. What happened to Marathas in reality ?
A. they lost the battle
B. they won the battle
C. they signed treaty after the battle
D. nothing as such
25. What happens in the case of electrons in lack of determinism in Quantum theory?
A. electrons don’t move from their path
B. electrons merge with other atoms
C. one cannot predict which path the electron takes at a point of time
D. None of the above
26. What happens once the observer knows about the correct placing of the electrons in every world?
A. alternative worlds can exist at a same time
B. black hole can be created
C. a new compound can be observed
D. a new substance can be created
27. In reality, was the professor in two different worlds at the present time?
D. cant say
28. What did you notice about both the worlds?
A. both were same
B. both were in different universe
C. different people
D. different histories and different sets of events
29. For how many days did the professor live in the alternative world?
A. one day
B. two days
C. three days
D. a week
30. Where did the train stop beyond the tunnel?
A. a small town called Amer
B. a small town called Sarhad
Answer key for Class 11 English Hornbill Book Chapter 7 – The Adventure
|Q. No.||Answer||Q. No.||Answer||Q. No.||Answer|
Important Videos Links
|Class 11 Important Questions Videos||Class 11 English Hornbill and Snapshots Book MCQs Video|
|Class 11 Snapshots Book Chapter wise Explanation||Class 11 Hornbill Book Chapter wise Explanation|