CBSE Class 11 English Chapter 5 “The Ailing Planet the Green Movement’s Role MCQs with Answers” from Hornbill Book
The Ailing Planet Class 11 MCQs – Here is a compilation of Free MCQs of Class 11 English Hornbill book Chapter 5 – The Ailing Planet: the Green Movement’s Role. Students can practice free MCQs as have been added by CBSE in the new Exam pattern. At the end of Multiple Choice Questions, the answer key has also been provided for your reference
Click Here for the MCQ video of The Ailing Planet: the Green Movement’s Role
Click Here for The Ailing Planet Summary, Explanation, Question Answers
1. What was the issue raised by the author in the chapter ‘The Ailing Planet’?
A. Global Warming
B. Save Water
C. Save Electricity
D. deteriorating health of the earth
2. When did the Green Movement help environmentalists to raise awareness about the harmful condition of the earth?
3. When was the Sustainable Development used by the World Commission on Environment and Development?
4. What did the sign in the zoo in Alaska read?
C. ‘The World’s most dangerous animal’
5. Where was the message ‘The World’s most dangerous animal’ written in the zoo?
D. bark of the tree
6. “Who raised the question “Are we to leave our successors a scorched planet of advancing deserts, impoverished landscapes and ailing environment?”
A. Brandt Commission
B. Brundtland Commission
C. UN World Commission
D. None of the above
7. What are the four principal biological systems that form the foundation of the global economic system?
A. water, air, sand, forests
B. ocean, forests, deserts, land
C. fisheries, grasslands, forests, and croplands
D. fisheries, grasslands, oceans, land
8. What will the grasslands turn into if systems become unsustainable?
A. turn into a barren wasteland
B. turn into desert
C. soil quality will deteriorate
D. Nothing as such
9. What happens to the forest in poor countries?
A. They are cut down for fuelwood
B. they cut down for furniture
C. they grow them into a large number
D. Nothing as such
10. What is leading to deforestation at an alarming rate?
A. sale of fuelwood
B. sale of vegetables
C. building up of houses
D. sale of wood for burning purpose
Class 11 Important Links
|Class 11th English Hornbill and Snapshots Lessons Explanation, Question Answers||Class 11 English Hornbill Book Poems|
|Class 11 English Snapshots Book Lessons Explanation||Class 11th English Hornbill and Snapshots Book MCQs|
|Take Free MCQ Test English|
11. What is one of the reasons for the exploitation of the environment?
A. increasing population
B. global warming
C. animal extinctions
12. What is the best contraceptive for overpopulation?
C. By saving water
13. What is the meaning of holistic and ecological view?
A. the preservation of the environment
B. saving of the water resources
C. saving trees
D. rainwater harvest
14. At what rate is the world’s ancient patrimony of tropical forests eroding?
A. at the rate of forty to fifty million acres a year
B. at the rate of one million per year
C. at the rate of 90 million per year
D. none of the above
15. Which article of the Constitution of India provides that “the State shall endeavour to protect and improve the environment and to safeguard the forests and wildlife of the country”?
A. Article 48A
B. Article 51A
C. Article 48 A (1)
D. Article 52
16. At what rate are the forests in India depleting?
A. at the rate of 3.7 million acres a year
B. at the rate of 36.7 million acres a year
C. at the rate of 13.7 million acres a year
D. None of the above
17. What does the three-year study conducted by the United Nations state?
A. Environment has deteriorated that it is critical in eighty-eight countries
B. forests are being cut down at an alarming rate
C. there is not much of drinking water left
D. Fossil fuels are getting extinct at a fast rate
18. Complete this line from the chapter ‘The rich get richer, and the poor beget children ___’
A. to work harder
B. which condemns them to remain poor
C. to remain poorer
D. to get richer
Important Videos Links
|Class 11 Important Questions Videos||Class 11 English Hornbill and Snapshots Book MCQs Video|
|Class 11 Snapshots Book Chapter wise Explanation||Class 11 Hornbill Book Chapter wise Explanation|
19. What is the transcending concern?
A. the survival of the planet
B. the survival of forests
C. global warming
D. to save water
20. Who said,”No generation has a freehold on this earth. All we have is a life tenancy — with a full repairing lease”?
A. Mr Edgar S. Woolard
B. UN World Commission
C. Donald Trump
D. Margaret Thatcher
21. Who said, “We have not inherited this earth from our forefathers; we have borrowed it from our children.”?
A. Margaret Thatcher
B. Mr Edgar S. Woolard
C. Mr. Lester Brown
D. Brandt Commission
22. When did the Green Movement start?
A. 35 years ago
B. 15 years ago
C. nearly 25 years ago
D. 20 years ago
23. Where was the first nationwide Green party founded?
C. New Zealand
24. What is the concept of Sustainable Development?
A. Development of the future
B. Development for the present
C. “Development that meets the needs of the present, without compromising the ability of future generations”
D. Environmental development
25. “Scientists have catalogued about ………….. living species with which mankind shares the earth”
A. 1.4 million
B. 1.6 million
C. 1.8 million
D. 1.2 million
26. Who wrote the book ‘The Global Economic Prospect” ?
A. l k Jha
B. Lester R Brown
C. James Speth
D. Edgar S Woolard
27. What forms the foundation of the global economic system according to Lester Brown?
A. ” fisheries, forests, grasslands, and croplands ”
B. land and water
C. forests, fisheries, grasslands
D. fisheries and forests
28. Who said that tropical forests are “the powerhouse of evolution” ?
A. Edgar S Woolard
B. L K Jha
C. Dr Myres
D. James Speth
29. ” Every four days the world population increases by ……………..”
A. 1.5 million
B. 1 million
C. 1.7 million
D. half a million
30……………. has a most crucial role to play in this new Era of Responsibility
Answer key for Class 11 English Hornbill Book Chapter 5 – The Ailing Planet: the Green Movement’s Role
|Q. No.||Answer||Q. No.||Answer||Q. No.||Answer|
Class 11 English MCQs
|The Portrait of a Lady MCQs||We’re not afraid to die MCQs|
|Discovering Tut: the saga Continues MCQs||Landscape of the Soul MCQs|
|The Ailing Planet MCQs||The Browning Version MCQs|
|The Adventure MCQs||Silk Road MCQs|