CBSE Class 11 English Hornbill book Chapter 2 “We are not afraid to die if we all can be together” Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) with Answers
Here is a compilation of Free MCQs of Class 11 English Hornbill book Chapter 2– We are not afraid to die if we all can be together. Students can practice free MCQs as have been added by CBSE in the new Exam pattern. At the end of Multiple Choice Questions, the answer key has also been provided for your reference.
Click Here for MCQ video of We are not afraid to die if we all can be together
1. From where did the ship sail for the voyage?
D. Plymouth, England
2. Why did the author decide to go for a round-the-world voyage?
A.to duplicate the voyage made 200 years ago by Captain James Cook
B. to see the world
C. to settle down in different country
D. to show his children the world through ship
3. What was the occupation of the author?
D. None of the above
4. What was the name of the ship of the author?
5. What part of the journey was pleasant for them?
A. First leg – from England to Cape town
B. Last part of the journey
C. First few months
6. What were the names of the two crewmen whom the author hired?
A. Shelly and Cabil
B. Larry Vigil and Herb Seigler
C. Herb Seigler and Shelly Cooper
D. Larry Vigil and Adam Moore
7. Why did the author hire the two crewmen?
A. to take rest from long the voyage
B. to help tackle one of the world’s roughest seas, the southern Indian Ocean
C. because he could no longer sail the ship
D. he wanted to spend some time with his family
8. When did the waves start getting gigantic?
A. December 25
B. January 2
C. November 30
D. December 31
9. What did they do to slow down the boat in the storm?
A. Stopped sailing
B. dropped the storm jib and lashed a heavy mooring rope
C. just dropped the storm jib
D. did nothing and waited for storm to calm down
10. What was the first indication of disaster?
A. around 6 pm when winds dropped and sky grew darker
B. next morning when the ship started creaking
C. when it started raining
D. when winds were strong
Class 11 Important Links
|Class 11th English Hornbill and Snapshots Lessons Explanation, Question Answers||Class 11 English Hornbill Book Poems|
|Class 11 English Snapshots Book Lessons Explanation||Class 11th English Hornbill and Snapshots Book MCQs|
|Take Free MCQ Test English|
11. What happened after the first indication of the disaster?
A. a wave appeared vertical and almost twice the height of other waves
B. it broke the ship from inside
C. the ship turned upside down
D. it didn’t affect the ship
12. How did the explosion affect the ship?
A. A torrent of green and white water broke over the ship
B. the ship started sinking
C. the ship turned upside down
D. None of the above
13. Why did the author accept his approaching death?
A Pirates had attacked the ship
B because he was injured by the explosion
C he was thrown in the sea
D he was stabbed
14. What did the author see when his head popped out of the water?
A. the ship was sinking
B. the ship was nowhere to be seen
C. the ship was near capsizing, her masts almost horizontal
D. it was still standing
15. What happened to the author’s body when he managed to reach the deck?
A. his head smashed again
B. his left ribs cracked;mouth filled with blood and broken teeth
C. he broke his leg
D. his broke his left hand
16. Who said, “We’re sinking!” ?
A. His crewmen
C. His daughter
D. His son
17. What was the condition of the ship?
A. Broken timbers, starboard side bulged inwards; clothes, crockery, charts, tins and toys sloshed
B. There personal belongings were missing
C. water filled in every room and their clothes were missing
D. Can’t say
18. What had happened to Sue when the author entered their room to check on them?
A. her head hurt as there was a bump
B. She was unconscious
C. her legs hurt
D. she was fine
19. What was the age of Suzanne and Jonathan?
A. 8 & 9 years old
B. 7 & 6 years old
C. 10 & 7 years old
D. 4 years & 6 years
20. How did the author manage to stretch the canvas?
A. by repairing the holes
B. by asking crewmen for help
C. it happened on its own
D. the problem got over as the storm had passed
21. What happened after the hand pumps started to block up with the debris floating around the cabins?
A. the author connected an electric-pump to an out-pipe
B. by taking out water with the help of bucket
C. by repairing hand pump
D. the author found another hand pump
22. Where did they decide to reach to save themselves and the ship?
B. Ile Amsterdam
C. Mumbai, India
23. What was their first meal in two days?
A. Meat loaves
B. bread and milk
D. corned beef and cracker biscuits
24. Who said, “we aren’t afraid of dying if we can all be together — you and Mummy, Sue and I.”?
B. Crewmen to each other
25. When did they reach lle Amsterdam?
A. around 6 pm in the evening
B. never reached there
C. at 11 in the next morning
D. they decided to take different route
26. What was the status of the ship on January 3?
A. “pumps had the water level sufficiently under control ”
B. condition was getting worse
C. they were still struggling to control the pumps
D. everything was just right
27. How long did they take for the ship’s testing and fitting?
B. few days
C. 2 years
D. few weeks
28. Where had they reached on the 25th of December?
A. 3,500 kilometres east of Cape Town
B. they were suffering the waves away from Cape Town
C. 2500 km from Cape Town
D. reached capeTown
29. What happened when the author’s head smashed into the wheel?
A. he was hurt but steady
B. he flew overboard sinking below the waves
C. he was not hurt
D. he gained control immediately
30. What does ‘Mayday call’ mean?
A Call made in the month of May
B Distress call for help
C Both A and B
D None of these
Answer key for Class 11 English Hornbill Book Chapter 2 – We are not afraid to die if we all can be together
|Q. No.||Answer||Q. No.||Answer||Q. No.||Answer|
Important Videos Links
|Class 11 Important Questions Videos||Class 11 English Hornbill and Snapshots Book MCQs Video|
|Class 11 Snapshots Book Chapter wise Explanation||Class 11 Hornbill Book Chapter wise Explanation|