NCERT Solutions for Class 11 English Hornbill Book Chapter 2 We’re not afraid to Die If We Can All Be Together Important Questions and Value Points
Here are the We’re not afraid to Die If We Can All Be Together important questions of 2 and 5 Marks for CBSE Class 11 English Hornbill Book Chapter 2. The important questions we have compiled will help the students to brush up on their knowledge about the subject. Students can practice Class 11 English important questions to understand the subject better and improve their performance in the board exam. The solutions provided here will also give students an idea about how to write the answers. Take Free Online MCQ Test for Class 11
We’re not afraid to Die If We Can All Be Together Important Question for CBSE Class 11 English Hornbill Book Chapter 2
See Video of We’re not afraid to Die If We Can All Be Together Important Questions
|2 Mark Questions|
5 Mark Questions
Class 11 English Important Links
- Class 11 Hornbill and Snapshots Book Lesson Explanation
- MCQs for Class 11 English Hornbill and Snapshots Book
Class 11 English We’re not afraid to Die If We Can All Be Together 2 Marks important Question (30-40 words)
1. Briefly describe the narrator’s ship
- Wooden, 30- ton, professionally built
- Spent months preparing and testing
2. Who are Larry Vigil and Herb Seigler? Why did the narrator hire them?
- Skilled crewmen
- Help in highly rough Southern Indian Ocean
3. Why did the author think that Ile Amsterdam was the most beautiful island in the world?
- Island a bleak piece of volcanic rock
- Little vegetation, 28 inhabitants
- Live saver
4. What problems did the hand pump develop? How was the problem solved?
- Got blocked by debris, short circuited
- Spare pumps used, water pumped continuously for hours
Class 11 English We’re not afraid to Die If We Can All Be Together 2 Marks important Question (120-150 words)
1. Describe the shifts in the narration of the events as indicated in the three sections of the text. Give a subtitle to each section.
Three sections dealing with ordeals
- Setting sail, July 1976, round the world to repeat captain James Cook’s journey
- Improving, perfecting seafaring skills
- Tested professionally built ‘Wavewalker’
- Reached Cape Town in Dec, hired two crewmen, American Larry Vigil and Swiss Herb Seigler, Southern Indian Ocean very rough
Section:2 (Struggle for Survival)
- furious waves, smashed boats, narrator and daughter injured, life threatening danger, pumped water for 36 hours, Mary steered the wheel.
- Jo: not afraid to die, did not give up
Section:3 (Safe at Last)
- January 6, best dad in the world and best captain, found the island, reached safely to lake Ile Amsterdam.
2. What difference do you notice between the reaction of the adults and the children when faced with danger?
- Children showed amazing courage, faith in father
- Sue didn’t complain about her injuries, made caricatures
- Jo, not afraid to die, boosted moral of the family
- Adults fought bravely, helpers worked tirelessly
- Narrator kept his presence of mind, used all his skills.
- Wife helped, did not give up, got rewarded and reached safely
3. How does the story suggest that optimism helps to endure ‘the direst stress’?
- Fury of nature, broken boat, huge waves, no food,
- fighting spirit, cheerfully and optimistically, fought all dangers
- didn’t panic, showed complete faith, hope, faith made them survive
4.What lessons do we learn from such hazardous experiences when we are face to face with death?
- Not to panic, learn to keep presence of mind
- Work as a team, follow leader
- Never lose hope, fight till end
- Use skills, be optimistic, accept fate without fear
5.Why do people undertake adventurous expeditions in spite of the risks involved?
- Love to face dangers, want thrill, bored of monotony
- Several examples, discoveries
- Demonstrate amazing skills & determination
- History full of examples
Class 11 English Videos Links
- Class 11 English Important Questions
- Class 11 English MCQs
- Class 11 English Hornbill Book Lesson Explanation Videos
- Class 11 English Snapshots Book Lesson Explanation Videos