Ess suffix meaning
The suffix "Ess" denotes the female counterpart.
Words with the suffix ‘Ess’
Here are a few commonly used words which have suffix ess. The meanings of the words are also given for the convenience of students.
- Actor + ess = actress. A woman whose profession is acting on stage, in films, or on television
- Duch + ess = Duchess. A woman holding a rank equivalent to Duke in her own right
- Waitor + ess = waitress. A woman whose job is to serve customers at their tables in a restaurant
- Steward + ess = Stewardess. A woman employed to look after the passengers on a ship or aircraft
- God + ess = Goddess.a female deity
- Lion + ess = Lioness. A female lion
- Prince + ess = Princess. The daughter of a monarch
- Host + ess = Hostess. A woman who receives or entertains guests
Also See :