Anti prefix meaning
The prefix “Anti” means ‘opposed to’ or against.
Words with prefix anti
Here are a few commonly used words which have prefix anti. The meanings of the words are also given for the convenience of students.
- Anti + thesis = Antithesis. Something that is an exact opposite.
- Anti + biotic = Antibiotic. A substance that cures infections.
- Anti + climax = Anticlimax. A disappointing decline after a previous rise.
- Anti + social = Antisocial. A person who shuns contact with others.
- Anti + freeze = Antifreeze. Something that stops the action of freezing.
- Anti + depressant = Antidepressant. Something that cures depression.
- Anti + clockwise = Anticlockwise. Something that moves in a direction opposite to the hands of a clock.
- Anti + bacterial = Antibacterial. Something that is active against bacteria.
- Anti + septic = Antiseptic.Something which prevents the formation of a septic.
- Anti + skid = Antiskid. Something designed to prevent skidding.
- Anti + gravity = Antigravity. Something that opposes gravity.
- Anti + aging = Antiaging. Something that works against the effects of aging.
- Anti + dandruff = Antidandruff. Something that works to prevent dandruff.
See Video :
Also See :