JEE Main 2020 Application Form - Register Online
JEE Main Application process
JEE Main 2020 (April) application starts on 07th February 2020. JEE Main is an Engineering Entrance exam for admission to the most prestigious engineering colleges in India - the NITs, IIITs,CFTIs and State Engineering colleges to name a few. Generally, the Application Process for the JEE Main January session commences in the month of September of the previous calendar year. The candidates will have to apply for the April session of JEE Main exam in the month of February. Candidates can apply for the JEE Main, online only, through the official website of the National Testing Agency (NTA) which conducts the JEE Main exam twice a year. Till the year 2018, the CBSE had been conducting the JEE Main exam. The NTA started holding the exam from the year 2019 and the agency has introduced major changes in the JEE Main exam Pattern, JEE Main questions, JEE Main Marking scheme, number of attempts for JEE Main. Also, the Bachelor of Planning degree course has been added to the list of courses for which a candidate can use his JEE Main score. However, the syllabus of JEE Main remains the same.
As the JEE Main is conducted twice a year, a candidate has to apply for both the sessions separately. The formalities for applying for the JEE Main exam like filling out the application form, uploading photograph and signature and payment of exam fee will have to be done again in case a candidate wants to appear in both the January session and April session of JEE Main exam.
|JEE Main 2020|
JEE Main Application Process - Overview
The JEE Main Application Process comprises of the following steps -
Step 1 - Registration. A candidate who wishes to appear in the JEE Main exam has to register himself at the official website of JEE Main exam. Once you enter the email id and password, your login id will be created.
Step 2 - Filling Application form. The candidate has to login to the JEE Main website and fill in his details like name, father’s name, mother’s name, date of birth, details of qualifying exam, etc. in the application form. Please check all details and ensure to fill in your current mobile number and email id in use because these will be the contact points in case the NTA wants to send any communication to you.
Step 3 - uploading photograph and signature. After filling details, the candidate is supposed to upload a recent photograph and a scanned image of his signature. The specifications regarding the size and type of file uploaded have to be adhered to strictly. In case the candidate does not upload the image as per the required specifications, his application form can be rejected. In case of any discrepancy, the NTA can ask candidates to make necessary corrections in the application form within a specified duration.
Step 4 - Payment of fee. In the next step, candidates are required to pay the exam fee for JEE Main exam. The NTA provides some relaxation in the amount of fee for certain categories of candidates.
The payment of fee can be done through various modes like bank challan, debit or credit card or through Paytm.
Candidates are advised to take a print out of the fee receipt for future reference.
Once the application has been submitted successfully, the candidates are supposed to download the admit card and carry a hard copy of the same on the day of the Examination. Along with it, one must carry a photo ID card and a latest passport size photograph as has been specified under the JEE Main list of guidelines.
Aspirants can benefit by attempting the JEE Main exam twice a year because the better score out of the two will be considered for final rankings. Also, the two attempts made in a single year will be counted as 1 attempt only.
JEE Main 2020 Registration Process - Steps to Apply Online
Application Form will be released from 03rd September 2019 (Jan. exam). Below, we are providing the details of JEE Main registration 2020:
- Candidates should supply all the required details while filling up the online form. On submission of details, an Acknowledgement Page with Application No. shall be generated
- Candidates are required to apply online for JEE Mains 2020 exam.
- JEE Main application form 2020 will be released from 03rd September 2019 (Jan exam).
- Candidates have to upload the scanned images of passport size photograph and signature of candidate & mother’s/father’s/guardian.
- Size of scanned photograph should be between 10 kb to 200 kb.
- Size of scanned signature should be between 4 kb to 30 kb
- The images should be in JPG or JPEG format.
- Multiple applications from a single candidate will be rejected.
- There is no provision to send the hard copy of the application.
KEY POINTS ABOUT JEE MAIN 2020
- Name of Examination: Joint Entrance Examination Main
- Commonly Known As: JEE Main
- Conducting Body: National Testing Agency (NTA)
- Examination Level: All India Entrance Exam
- Category: Undergraduate Examination
- Mode of Examination: Computer based test
- Number of Attempts: Twice in a year, counted as a single attempt
- Duration of Exam: 3 Hours
Get Free Entrance Exam Alerts and College Admission Guidance >> Click here