JEE Main 2019 Exam Dates, Admit Card, Syllabus, Pattern & More!!!
NTA JEE Main 2019 - National Test Agency (NTA) has released the notification for JEE Main Exam 2019. As per the notification, JEE Main 2019 exam will be organized by NTA (National Testing Agency). It is a national level entrance test. It is organized to offer admission in BE/B.Tech and B.Arch/B.Plan Courses.
The National Testing Agency (NTA) will be conducting the Joint Entrance Examination Main (JEE Main) 2019 twice in a year according to the latest announcement by the MHRD Minister Prakash Javadekar. JEE Main 2019 will be a Computer Based Test to be held from 06th January to 20th January 2019 and again from 07th to 21st April 2019 for Undergraduate Engineering admissions into NITs, IIITs and GFTIs.
KEY POINT ABOUT JEE MAIN 2019
Name of Examination: Joint Entrance Examination Main
Commonly Known As: JEE Main
Conducting Body: National Testing Agency (NTA)
Examination Level: All India Entrance Exam
Category: Undergraduate Examination
Mode of Examination: Computer based test
Number of Attempts: Twice in a year
Duration of Exam: 3 Hours
Get latest Engineering Entrance Exam Alerts by E-mail/SMS, Fill up the Form below:
JEE MAIN 2019 DATES
Presently, the dates displayed below are the tentative JEE Main 2019 Dates. There has been no official notification for JEE Main 2019 Dates.
The tentative important dates of JEE Main 2019 have is given below. Candidates can check the important dates to know when the important events related to JEE Main might commence and end.
For January 2019 Exam
- Application Form Available: 01st September 2018
- Online Submission of Application Forms: 01st Sept. to 30th September 2018
- Correction in uploaded Image Starts: September 2018
- Mock Test Available: September 2018
For April 2019 Exam
Downloading of Admit cards : 18th March 2019
Date of Exam: 06th to 20th April 2019
Result announcement: 30th April 2019
JEE MAIN 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- For appearing in the JEE (Main) Examination there is no age limit for the candidates. The candidates who have passed XII Examination in 2017, 2018 or appearing in 2019 irrespective of their age can appear in JEE (Main) Examination – 2019
- The candidates should satisfy themselves about the eligibility of age limit requirements of the Institutes in which he/she is desirous of taking admission.
Year of Appearance in Qualifying Examination (QE):
- Only those candidates who have passed their Class 12th Exam or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2017 or 2018; or those who are appearing in their Class 12th Exam or any equivalent qualifying exam in 2019 are eligible to appear in both January 2019 and April 2019 JEE(Main)-2019 Exam.
- Candidates who passed Class 12th/Qualifying Exam 2016 or before as well as those who will appear in such examination in 2020 or later are not eligible to appear in JEE (Main)-2019
No. of Subjects in the Qualifying Exam (QE):
- Candidates must have taken at least five subjects in class 12th/qualifying exam in order to be eligible for writing JEE (Main)-2019. The candidates who have taken four subjects are not permitted to write JEE (Main)-2019 and if such candidates appear in JEE (Main)-2019 by furnishing wrong information, their rank/result will not be declared.
NTA Score & Compilation of Result of Paper-1 and Paper-2 for JEE (Main)-2019:
- NTA Score for Paper-1 and Paper-2: Following shall be applicable for both the attempts
- After the JEE (Main)-2019 examinations, the NTA will display Answer Keys & recorded responses of multiple choice questions of Paper-1 and Paper-2 on the NTA‟s website www.jeemain.nic.in
Eligibility for NITs, IIITs & CFTIs participating through Seat Allocation Board:
Admission to NITs, IIITs & CFTIs participating though Central Seat Allocation Board will be based on All India Rank as explained above in section 2.10 subject to the condition that the candidate should have secured at least 75% marks in the 12th class exam or be in the top 20% in the 12th class exam conducted by the respective Boards
For SC/ST candidates the qualifying marks would be 65% in the 12th class exam
JEE MAIN 2019 Exam Pattern
Type of Exam
- The examination will comprise of two papers, i.e. Paper 1 (for B.E/B.Tech) and Paper 2 (for B.Arch/B.Planing). The detailed JEE Main Exam Pattern for both papers is mentioned below:
- The examination will be organized in online (computer based) mode.
- Type of Questions (Paper 1): The question paper will comprise of objective type questions.
- Type of Questions (Paper 2): Mathematics and aptitude section will be of objective type questions and drawing test will be subjective. The total exam duration will be three hours.
- The question paper will be asked in English and Hindi language for all exam cities and English, Hindi and Gujarati languages for exam cities in Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli.
- Four marks will be provided for each correct answer. One mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
For Paper 1 (BE/B.Tech):
- Chemistry – 30 No. of Questions & 120 Maxi. Marks
- Physics – 30 No. of Questions & 120 Maxi. Marks
- Mathematics – 30 No. of Questions & 120 Maxi. Marks
- Total – 90 No. of Questions &360 Maxi. Marks
Paper 2 (B.Arch/B.Plan)
Aptitude Test – 50 No. of Questions &200 Maxi. Marks
Drawing Test – 02 No. of Questions &70 Maxi. Marks
Total – 82 No. of Questions &390 Maximum Marks
JEE MAIN 2019 Application Process
Application Form will be released from 01st September 2018 (Jan exam). Below we are providing the details of JEE Main registration 2019:
Candidates should supply all the required details while filling up the online form. On submission of details, a Acknowledgement Page with Application No. shall be generated
Candidates are required to apply online for JEE Mains 2019 exam.
JEE Main application form 2019 will be released from 1st September 2018 (Jan exam).
Candidates have to upload the scanned images of passport size photograph and signature of candidate & mother’s/father’s/guardian.
Photograph dimension should be 3.5 x 4.5 cm and dimension of signature should be 3.5 x 1.5 cm.
The images should be in JPG or JPEG format.
Multiple applications from a single candidate will be rejected.
There is no provision to send the hard copy of the application.
JEE MAIN 2019 Exam Syllabus
The JEE Main syllabus will contain topics from the 11th and 12th class of CBSE, ICSE and other state boards. Syllabus for paper 1 will contain physics, chemistry and mathematics.
- Paper 2 syllabus will contain mathematics, aptitude and drawing sections. The detailed JEE Main 2019 syllabus is given below:
JEE Main Paper 1 Syllabus:
- Mathematics: Sets, relations and functions, Matrices and determinants, Mathematical induction, Sequences and series, Integral calculus, Binomial theorem and its simple applications, Vector algebra, Statistics and probability, Trigonometry, Complex numbers and quadratic equations, Mathematical reasoning, Permutations and combinations, etc.
- Physics: Physics and measurement, Thermodynamics, Rotational motion, Laws of motion, Electronic devices, Oscillations and waves, Current electricity, Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents, Optics, Electrostatics, Kinematics, Work, energy and power, Gravitation, Properties of solids and liquids, Kinetic theory of gases, etc.
- Chemistry: Physical Chemistry: Some basic concepts in chemistry, Atomic structure, Chemical thermodynamics, Equilibrium, Chemical kinetics, States of matter, Chemical bonding and molecular structure, etc.
- Organic Chemistry: Purification and characterization of organic compounds, Chemistry in everyday life, Organic compounds containing halogens, Organic compounds containing nitrogen, some basic principles of organic chemistry, etc.
- Inorganic Chemistry: Classification of elements and periodicity in properties, Block elements (alkali and alkaline earth metals), D – and f – block elements, Environmental chemistry, Hydrogen, Block elements group 13 to group 18 elements, etc.
JEE Main Paper 2 Syllabus:
- Part I: Awareness of persons, places, Buildings, Materials, Visualizing three dimensional objects from two dimensional drawings, Visualizing, Analytical Reasoning Mental Ability (Visual, Numerical and Verbal), etc.
- Part II: Understanding and appreciation of scale and proportion of objects, building forms and elements, colour texture, harmony and contrast, Transformation of forms both 2 D and 3 D union, subtraction, rotation, creating two dimensional and three-dimensional compositions using given shapes and forms, etc.
JEE MAIN 2019 Exam Timing
Paper-I (For B.E./B.Tech) [Subject: Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry] –
Computer Based Test (CBT) mode only-
Second Shift: 02.30 pm to 05.30 pm
Paper-II (For B.Arch./B.Planing) [Subject: Mathematics, Part-I Aptitude Test Part-II] – Computer Based Test (CBT) mode only
First Shift/Second Shift: Will be held in one shift only
Drawing Test Part II: Pen and Paper Based (offline) mode to be attempted on Drawing Sheet
JEE MAIN 2019 Admit Card
The Admit Card can be downloaded from JEE (Main)-2019 website from 17th December 2018 onwards. The candidates are advised to download them admit cards from JEE (Main) website only. The Candidates are also advised to regularly see JEE (Main) website for updates
The Admit Card is issued provisionally to the candidate subject to his/her satisfying the eligibility conditions. The candidate has to download his/her Admit Card from the NTA‟s website w.e.f. 17th December 2018 onwards and appear for the exam at the given Centre on Date and Shift as indicated in their Admit Card.
No candidate will be allowed to appear at the exam centre on Date and Shift other than that allotted to him/her in their Admit card
After the releasing of result, the board will announce the detailed schedule of JEE Main 2019 counseling. Separate schedules will be announced for All India Rank and state level counseling.
Counseling process will be organized from the third week of June 2019.
JEE Main 2019 counseling will be conducted through online mode. A centralized counseling will be organized by JoSAA and CSAB in different rounds
To appear in the counseling, candidates will have to register themselves. After that candidates have to fill their preferences of colleges and courses. On the basis of filled choices, rank, category and seats availability, a provisional seat allotment will be announced.
JEE MAIN 2019 Counseling