OPENMAT 2019 Syllabus
The Indira Gandhi National Open University conducts the OPENMAT (OPEN Management Aptitude Test) for admission to various PG degree and diploma courses in the field of management study. The OPENMAT test is conducted twice a year and considered for admission to management programmes of IGNOU only. The syllabus for OPENMAT 2019 consists of various topics of General Awareness, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning. Here we have listed the topics on which the questions are usually asked in the OPENMAT examination. The questions on these topics were asked in the previous year’s papers.
Also See: MBA Entrance Exam 2018
- Current Affairs India: Constitution, Government, Laws, Famous People, Achievements, Organizations, History, Geography, Economy, Politics, States.
- World: Countries, Organizations, Leaders, World Economy, Summits.
- Science, Industry, Trade etc.
- Reading and Comprehension: You will be asked to read passages and then answer the multiple choice questions based on the passage.
- Grammar: These questions would test your skills in English grammar. This section contains questions like fill in the blanks, sentence correction etc.
- Vocabulary, Synonyms, Antonyms etc.
This section tests your numerical and mathematics skills. The most frequent topics are:
Algebra: Ratios and Proportions, LCM, HCF,
Statistics: Mean, mode, median, Permutations, combinations,
Progressions: Arithmetic Progression, Geometric Progression
Geometry, Number Systems, Trigonometry etc.
This section checks your reasoning skills. The commonly asked topics are:
Assertion and reasons, Assumption-Premise-Conclusion, Cause and Effect, Coding and decoding, Critical reasoning, Family tree, Statements and assumptions, Statements and conclusions, Symbol Based problems, Visual reasoning etc.
Please note that this is not the official OPENMAT syllabus. The syllabus is not mentioned in the OPENMAT Prospectus. These topics are based on the questions asked in the previous year’s papers of OPENMAT examination. Candidates are advised to refer the syllabus mentioned in the OPENMAT prospectus or the information bulletin at the IGNOU website.