Common Management Admission Test CMAT 2020
CMAT 2020 – National Testing Agency (NTA) will be conducting National Level Computer based Common Management Admission Test (CMAT 2020) in the month of January 2020 for facilitating AICTE approved Institutions, University Departments/Constituent Colleges/Affiliated Colleges to select suitable candidates for admission in Post Graduate Management Programmes for the academic year 2020-21
About CMAT 2020
- CMAT 2020 will be held on 04th week of January 2020. NTA is going to open registration for CMAT 2020 from 1st week of November 2019. Candidates who wish to appear for CMAT 2020 can apply online
- Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) is a national level entrance examination conducted by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) every year as per the directions of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India.
- The CMAT is a three hour computer based online test which is conducted in a single session to evaluate the candidate’s ability across various segments like Quantitative Technique, Logical Reasoning, Language Comprehension and General Awareness.
- This test facilitates Institutions to select suitable graduate candidates for admission in all Management programs.
- The CMAT score is accepted by all AICTE Approved Institutions/University Departments/Constituent Colleges/Affiliated Colleges
See: MBA Entrance Exams
CMAT 2020 Important Dates
- Registration Start Date: 1st November 2019
- Registration End Date: 30th November 2019
- Admit Card: 24th December, 2019
- CMAT 2020 Exam Date: 24th January, 2020
- Date of Result Declaration: 3rd Feb, 2020
See: Tips for CMAT exam preparation
Eligibility Criteria for CMAT 2020 Exam
The candidates shall have to satisfy all the eligible conditions so as to apply for the examination. The CMAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria are illustrated here. The aspirant must satisfy the minimum eligibility criteria at the time of applying for CMAT 2020.
- Indian nationals are eligible to apply for common management admission test
- Candidates must have completed the graduates in any discipline can apply for CMAT 2020 exam. Final year students of Graduate Courses (10+2+3) whose result will be declared before commencement of admission for academic year 2020-21 can also apply for CMAT online exam
- There is no age restriction for appearing in CMAT 2020
- For admission to a participating institute, please see the reservations applicable in that particular institute. In the case of institutes run by Central Government, 15% of the seats are reserved for the category Scheduled Caste (SC), 7.5% for the category Scheduled Tribe (ST) and 27% for the category Other Backward Classes belonging to the “Non-Creamy Layer” (OBC – NCL). Each category will have 5% reservations for Persons with Disabilities (PwD) as defined in The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 (RPwD Act 2016)
See: Latest Entrance Exam Notification
CMAT 2020 Application Process – How to apply?
- Candidates have to apply for CMAT-2020 “Online” ONLY by accessing the website www.ntacmat.nic.in
- The Application Form other than online mode would not be accepted, in any case.
- Only one application is to be submitted by a candidate. More than one application i.e. Multiple application forms submitted by a candidate will be rejected.
- The CMAT 2020 application form will open from the 1st week to 04th November 2019
Follow following 4 (Four) Steps to Apply Online:
- Step-1: Register for Online Application Form and note down system generated Application Number.
- Step-2: Complete the Application Form
- Step-3: Upload Scanned Images of Candidate Photograph and Candidate Signature.
- Step-4: Payment by Debit/Credit Card/Net Banking/e-Challan:
Note: Steps can be done together and separately also.
See: Top 10 CMAT Colleges for MBA in India
- General/OBC: Rs.1400/- plus bank charges as applicable
- SC/ST/PD: Rs.700/- plus bank charges as applicable
Online Mode i.e. Debit/ Credit card and Net Banking:
- Check the validity of the Debit/ Credit Card and keep it ready with you while logging on to the website for submitting application form. Candidate should enter the information asked for and make payment through Debit/ Credit Card.
- Through Net Banking, check the balance in your account and keep all credentials ready with you while logging on to the website for submitting application form. Candidate should Login with his/her credentials of net banking and make payment through Net Banking.
Cash Deposit through e-challan at State Bank of India Branches only:
- Print e-challan in pdf on A4 size paper from SBI MOPS page which will contain NTA’s required information in addition to Bank reference number and visit any of the SBI branches in India and deposit amount mentioned in e-challan..
CMAT 2020 Exam Pattern
- CMAT is a computer based online test.
- The exam will be of 3 hour duration
- Total 100 multiple choice questions will be asked in the exam.
- The questions paper will have 4 Section
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Logical Reasoning
- General Awareness
- The medium of the exam will be in English language.
- 4 marks will be awarded for each correct answer.
- 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
CMAT 2019 Syllabus
- There will be no prescribed syllabus for the CMAT exam preparation. Candidates should solve the mock test to understand the pattern of the examination & type of questions. Questions will be asked from the topics of Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation, Logical Reasoning, Language Comprehension and General Awareness.
Test Practice Centres (TPC)
- National Testing Agency (NTA) has established a network of Test Practice Centres spread all over India to help the students aspiring to appear in examinations to be conducted by the NTA. The students can practice and train themselves before the examination for the “Computer Based Test (CBT)” mode of examinations.
- The experienced, qualified and professional Nodal officer and staff available at the TPC will help and motivate the students to clear their doubts and solve problems and to make them familiar with the CBT mode of examinations.
See: National Level MBA Entrance Exams in India