NTA JEE Main 2022 Important Guidelines –
Mode of Examination
JEE Main 2022 will be conducted in the following modes:
|B. Arch.||Mathematics – Part I||“Computer Based Test (CBT)” mode only|
|Aptitude Test – Part II|
|Drawing Test – Part III||“Pen & Paper Based” (offline) mode to be attempted on Drawing sheet|
|B. Plan.||Mathematics – Part I||“Computer Based Test (CBT)” mode only|
|Aptitude Test – Part II|
|Planning Based Questions – Part III|
a) B.E. /B. Tech. in “Computer Based Test (CBT)” mode only.
b) B. Arch: Mathematics- Part I and Aptitude Test-Part II in “Computer Based Test (CBT)” mode only and Drawing Test –Part III in “Pen & Paper Based” (offline) mode to be attempted on drawing sheet of A4 size.
c) B.Planning: Mathematics- Part I , Aptitude Test-Part II and Planning Based Questions Part III in “Computer Based Test (CBT)” mode only.
So, only the drawing test for admission to B Arch will be conducted in pen and paper mode. All the other papers of JEE Main will be held in the Computer Based test mode only.
Also, the NTA has introduced major changes in the JEE Main Exam Pattern. Click here to see the new JEE Main Exam Pattern.
Also See: Engineering Entrance Exam
Guidelines to Candidates for Computer Based Test –
As the NTA has introduced a new Exam Pattern for JEE Main, there is a new set of instructions for candidates to attempt the Computer Based Test. Please read the following instructions related to the documents, ID cards to be carried along on the day of the JEE Main exam–
Candidates MUST bring the following documents on the day of examination at the test centre. Candidates who will not bring these will not be allowed to sit in the examination:
- Print a copy of Admit Card downloaded from NTA’s website.
- One passport size photograph (same as uploaded on the Online Application Form) should be taken for pasting on the specific space in the attendance sheet at Centre during the examination.
- Any one of the authorized photo IDs (must be original, valid and non-expired) – PAN card/ Driving License/ Voter ID/ Passport/ Aadhaar Card (With photograph)/E-Aadhaar with photograph/ Ration Card with photograph/ 12th Class Board Admit Card with photograph/ Bank Passbook with Photograph.
- PwD certificate issued by the authorized medical officer, if claiming the relaxation under PwD category.
- Reporting time- The candidates shall report at the Examination Centre two hours before the commencement of the examination so as to complete the frisking and registration formalities well before the time. Registration desk will be closed 30 minutes prior to the examination.
- Candidates shall not be permitted to enter the Examination Hall/Room after 9:00 a.m. in the first shift and after 2:00 p.m. in second shift. The candidates are advised to read the instructions on the admit card carefully and follow them during the conduct of the examination.
- The candidate must show, on demand, the Admit Card downloaded/printed from the NTA’s website and any of the authorized photo IDs for entry in the examination room/hall. A candidate who does not possess the valid Admit Card and authorized photo IDs shall not be permitted for the examination under any circumstances by the Centre Superintendent.
- A seat indicating roll number will be allocated to each candidate. Candidates should find and sit on their allocated seats only. Any candidate found to have changed room/hall or the seat on his/her own other than allotted, his/her candidature shall be cancelled and no plea would be accepted for it.
- No candidate, without the special permission of the Centre Superintendent or the Invigilator concerned, will leave his/her seat or Examination Room/Hall until the full duration of the paper is over. Candidates must follow the instructions strictly as instructed by the Centre Superintendent/Invigilators. Candidates should not leave the room/hall without handing over their rough sheets to the invigilator on duty in the Room/Hall.
- For those who are unable to appear on the scheduled date of tests for any reason, the NTA shall not be responsible for the conduct of re-test, under any circumstances.
- Candidates shall maintain perfect silence and attend to their Question Paper only. Any conversation or gesture or disturbance in the Examination Room/Hall shall be deemed as misbehavior. If a candidate is found using unfair means or impersonating, his/her candidature shall be cancelled and he/she will be liable to be debarred for taking examination either permanently or for a specified period according to the nature of offence.
- Candidates are not allowed to carry any textual material, Calculators, Docu Pen, Slide Rules, Log Tables, and Electronic Watches with facilities of calculator, printed or written material, and bits of papers, mobile phone, pager or any other device, except the Admit Card and ID proof inside the Examination Room/Hall. If any candidate is in possession of any of the above item, his/her candidature will be treated as unfair means and his/her current examination will be cancelled & he/she will also be debarred for future examination(s) & the equipment will be seized.
- The Candidates, especially those who are carrying the barred items, including the metallic objects such as Kara and Kirpan etc., should report their respective Examination Centers one and a half hour before the gate closing time, for ensuring timely checking/frisking and entry to the Examination Hall.
- If upon screening at the Examination Centre, it is discovered that any candidate is actually carrying, within the ‘Kara’ and ‘Kirpan’, a suspect device, he/she may be asked not to take it in the Examination Hall (as directed by the Hon’ble Delhi High Court vide its Order dated 03.05.2018). The decision of NTA on unfair means will be final and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
- Top 20 colleges that accept JEE Mains score for admission to Bachelor of Planning (B. Plan.) Course, here
- Top 20 Colleges accepting JEE Main scores for Bachelor of Architecture (B. Arch.) Admission, here
- Preparation tips for JEE Main 2022 – How to Prepare for JEE Main 2022?, here
- JEE Main 2022 Ranking Procedure, here
- Mock Tests can help boost your exam preparation, here