Poster Making | Poster Making Questions for Class 11, Poster Making Format
- What is poster making?
- Poster Making Class 11 English Writing skills
- Poster Making Class 11 – Marking Scheme
- Tips to attempt a question on Poster Writing
- Poster Making Format
- Poster Making Questions Class 11 Things to remember
- SAMPLE Questions on Poster Writing – Examples
What is poster making?
Poster Making – A poster is a very useful means of making an announcement or appeal, issuing a notice, advertising a product or bringing about awareness on any issue of public interest. A poster should be visually attractive and readable from a distance. They are extensively used by NGOs, political parties, government departments, etc.
Poster Writing or Poster Making
Poster Making Class 11 English Writing skills
In the class 11 CBSE examination, Poster writing comes as a part of Section-B, Short Answer type question of 4 marks. Maximum prescribed word limit is 50 words. Choice will be given to attempt one question out of the given two Short answer type questions based on any of the following :-
Poster Making Class 11 – Marking Scheme
The break-up of 3 marks for Poster writing as per Sample paper issued by CBSE is as follows:-
Tips to attempt a question on Poster Writing
Let us now dig deeper to know more about making the best poster. Essentially, a very brief communication with a compelling visual and a powerful message, a poster is always prepared with a particular target audience in mind. It very clearly mentions the theme or the topic, the schedule of an event, and the respective occasion. It can be of the following types:-
- An appeal for awareness or support, help or action, a warning, or a caution.
- In the form of an invitation like posters for carnivals, fests, concerts, exhibitions, etc.
- Workshops, seminars.
Poster Making Format
NAME OF ISSUING AUTHORITY
ILLUSTRATION (WITH A CAPTION)
WHEN (date and time) AND WHERE
ISSUING AUTHORITY– By whom or by which organisation the poster is being published.
TAGLINE OF THE EVENT– it has to be in accordance with the question. A catchy tagline for the occasion. It should be clearly visible. Thus, it can be bold, underlined or in capitals.
TITLE OF THE EVENT- it should be short and as per the question.
SPECIAL ATTRACTIONS– This is optional. For example:- Guest speaker, etc.
ILLUSTRATION- It involves pictorial representation. For eg., a drop of blood for a blood donation camp.
DATE, TIME AND VENUE- It is very important to mention date, time and venue of the event. It is a point you cannot risk forgetting.
CONTACT INFORMATION– In case of any queries, the targeted audience should have someone to contact to.
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION– If there is any other information mentioned in the question and is supposed to be there in the poster, it is important you mention it.
Poster Making Questions Class 11 Things to remember –
It should not strictly exceed the prescribed word limit of 50 words.
- It should be in a box.
- Make sure you double-check for grammatical accuracy and spellings. They carry marks.
- Practice previous year Question paper questions.
- Make sure it fits within one page only.
- Use sharpened pencils.
- Bold or underline important information.
- No usage of short forms or slangs. It is not acceptable.
- Don’t exceed the prescribed word limit.
BELOW IS THE LINK TO THE SAMPLE PAPER ALONG WITH IT’S MARKING SCHEME:
SAMPLE Questions on Poster Writing – Examples
Sample Question 1: You are Simar / Smriti of Lotus International School, Jodhpur. Your school is organizing a workshop on “Prevention of Drug Abuse‟ in the coming week. Prepare a poster with complete information for the students of class X-XII.
Sample Question 2 – Prepare a poster Highlighting the dangers of Pollution?
Sample Question 3 – Prepare a poster on “Blood Donation in your school”
- Notice Writing Format – How to write a Notice?
- Class 9 English Explanation, Summary
- Class 10 English – Explanation
- Class 12 English Lessons Explanation
- Free Online English Test – MCQ Test Series