NTA announced JEE Main 2019 Exam dates for January and April 2019
NTA JEE Main 2019 – National Test Agency (NTA) announces JEE Main Exam Dates. JEE Main 2019 exam will be organized by NTA (National Testing Agency). It is a national level entrance test. It is organized to offer admission in BE/B.Tech and B.Arch/B.Plan Courses.
The National Testing Agency (NTA) will be conducting the Joint Entrance Examination Main (JEE Main) 2019 twice in a year according to the latest announcement by the MHRD Minister Prakash Javadekar. JEE Main 2019 will be a Computer Based Test to be held from 06th January to 20th January 2019 and again from 07th to 21st April 2019 for Undergraduate Engineering admissions into NITs, IIITs and GFTIs
Registrations for NTA JEE Main 2019 for the January exam will be available from 01st September to 30th September 2018
About JEE (Main) 2019
- The JEE (Main)-2019 will be conducted twice before admissions in the next academic session. The students will have following benefits of the new pattern:
- This will give one more opportunity to the student to improve their scores in examination if they fail to give their best in first attempt without wasting their whole academic year.
- In first attempt, the students will get a first-hand experience of taking an exam and to know their mistakes which they can improve while attempting for the second time.
- This will reduce chances of dropping a year and droppers would not have to waste a full year.
- If anyone missed the examination due to reasons beyond control, then he/she won‟t have to wait for one full year. The student’s best of the two NTA scores will be considered for preparation of Merit List/ Ranking
- The first attempt of JEE (Main) 2019 will be held in January 2019 whereas the second attempt will be held in April 2019. The test will be held on different shifts/dates in both the attempts. The NTA will release the application form of JEE (Main)-2019 for the first attempt in September 2018 and for the second attempt in February 2019
- The result of the first attempt of JEE (Main)-2019 will be declared by 31st January 2019 and for the second attempt by 30th April, 2019
To know all about the JEE Main 2019 exam process, dates, salient features, pattern, syllabus and more, read the below.
Get latest Engineering Entrance Exam Alerts by E-mail/SMS, Fill up the Form below:
Details of JEE Main 2019
- Name of Examination: Joint Entrance Examination Main
- Commonly Known As: JEE Main
- Conducting Body: National Testing Agency (NTA)
- Examination Level: All India Entrance Exam
- Category: Undergraduate Examination
- Mode of Examination: Computer based test
- Number of Attempts: Twice in a year
- Duration of Exam: 3 Hours
New Changes Introduced
MHRD, Govt. of India had notified several changes in the JEE Main entrance exam. Below we have listed the new changes introduced:
- National Testing Agency (NTA) has taken over from CBSE and will be conducting the exam twice a year – one in January and one in April.
- The Exam will be in 8 sittings. Candidates have to select any one date, out of the 8 available dates to appear in the exam.
- The exam will be completely online.
- A candidate may choose to appear in any one exam in a year or both the exams in a year.
- The best marks out of both the exam will be used for preparing the admission list/AIR.
- The announcement of the exam centres will be made as early as possible.
- Candidates will be able to take the practise tests by visiting the centres from August-end or September start.
- There will be no change in the syllabus, exam pattern, languages of the question papers and exam fees.
JEE Main 2019 Important Dates
The tentative important dates of JEE Main 2019 have is given below. Candidates can check the important dates to know when the important events related to JEE Main might commence and end.
For January 2019 Exam
- Application Form Available: 01st September 2018
- Online Submission of Application Forms: 01st Sept. to 30th September 2018
- Correction in uploaded Image Starts: September 2018
- Mock Test Available: September 2018
- Date of Exam: 06th to 20th January 2019
- Result Announcement: 31st January 2019
The Fees can be paid online up to 01st October 2018
For April 2019 Exam
- Application Form Release: 08th February 2019
- Online Submission of Application Forms: 08th Feb to 07th March 2019
- Downloading of Admit cards : 18th March 2019
- Date of Exam: 06th to 20th April 2019
- Result announcement: 30th April 2019
Eligibility Criteria of JEE Main 2019
- For appearing in the JEE (Main) Examination there is no age limit for the candidates. The candidates who have passed XII Examination in 2017, 2018 or appearing in 2019 irrespective of their age can appear in JEE (Main) Examination – 2019
- The candidates should satisfy themselves about the eligibility of age limit requirements of the Institutes in which he/she is desirous of taking admission.
Year of Appearance in Qualifying Examination (QE):
- Only those candidates who have passed their Class 12th Exam or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2017 or 2018; or those who are appearing in their Class 12th Exam or any equivalent qualifying exam in 2019 are eligible to appear in both January 2019 and April 2019 JEE(Main)-2019 Exam.
- Candidates who passed Class 12th/Qualifying Exam 2016 or before as well as those who will appear in such examination in 2020 or later are not eligible to appear in JEE (Main)-2019
No. of Subjects in the Qualifying Exam (QE):
- Candidates must have taken at least five subjects in class 12th/qualifying exam in order to be eligible for writing JEE (Main)-2019. The candidates who have taken four subjects are not permitted to write JEE (Main)-2019 and if such candidates appear in JEE (Main)-2019 by furnishing wrong information, their rank/result will not be declared.
NTA Score & Compilation of Result of Paper-1 and Paper-2 for JEE (Main)-2019:
- NTA Score for Paper-1 and Paper-2: Following shall be applicable for both the attempts
- After the JEE (Main)-2019 examinations, the NTA will display Answer Keys & recorded responses of multiple choice questions of Paper-1 and Paper-2 on the NTA‟s website www.jeemain.nic.in
Eligibility for NITs, IIITs & CFTIs participating through Seat Allocation Board:
- Admission to NITs, IIITs & CFTIs participating though Central Seat Allocation Board will be based on All India Rank as explained above in section 2.10 subject to the condition that the candidate should have secured at least 75% marks in the 12th class exam or be in the top 20% in the 12th class exam conducted by the respective Boards
- For SC/ST candidates the qualifying marks would be 65% in the 12th class exam
- Subject combinations required in the qualifying exam for admission to B.E./B. Tech. & B. Arch./B. Planning Courses in NITs, IIITs, and other CFTIs shall be as under.
- For B.E. /B Tech – Required Criteria based on Class 12th/Equivalent qualifying Exam; passed 10+2 Exam with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Technical Vocational subjects.
- B.Arch./B.Planning– Passed 10+2 Examination with Mathematics.
Number of Seats in various Institutions:
- For all admission related procedures/queries, the candidates are advised to refer the website of JoSAA, Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB) or the concerned State Govt. /Institute after declaration of ranks of JEE (Main) – 2019
Reservation of Seats
- As per Govt. of India rules candidates belonging to certain categories are admitted to seats reserved for them based on relaxed criteria. These categories are:
- OBC if they belong to Non-Creamy Layer (NCL) – 27%
- SC – 15%
- ST – 7.5%
- PwD with 40% or more disability – 03% Horizontal
- Benefit of reservation for admission to NITs/IIITs and CFTIs shall be given only to those classes/castes/tribes which are in the respective central list published by the Govt of India
- For admission to State Engineering colleges who have opted for admission through JEE (Main)-2019, the reservation rules of that state shall apply
Scheme of Exam of JEE (Main)-2019
- Admission criteria to Undergraduate Engineering Programs at NITs, IIITs, Other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions, Institutions funded by participating State Governments, and other Institutions shall include the performance in the class 12/equivalent qualifying Examination and in the Joint Entrance Exam, JEE (Main)
- The Paper-1 (B. E./B. Tech.) of JEE (Main) will also be an eligibility test for the JEE (Advanced), which the candidate has to take if he/she is aspiring for admission to the undergraduate programmes offered by the IITs
- The States of Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Nagaland and Odisha have joined JEE (Main) system. Therefore, the candidates seeking admission to the institutions in these states, which were earlier admitting based on their State Level Exam, are also advised to fill in the JEE (Main) – 2019 application form online
Type of Exam
- The examination will comprise of two papers, i.e. Paper 1 (for B.E/B.Tech) and Paper 2 (for B.Arch/B.Planing). The detailed JEE Main Exam Pattern for both papers is mentioned below:
- The examination will be organized in online (computer based) mode.
- Type of Questions (Paper 1): The question paper will comprise of objective type questions.
- Type of Questions (Paper 2): Mathematics and aptitude section will be of objective type questions and drawing test will be subjective. The total exam duration will be three hours.
- The question paper will be asked in English and Hindi language for all exam cities and English, Hindi and Gujarati languages for exam cities in Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli.
- Four marks will be provided for each correct answer. One mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
No. of Questions
For Paper 1 (BE/B.Tech):
- Chemistry – 30 No. of Questions &120 Maxi. Marks
- Physics – 30 No. of Questions & 120 Maxi. Marks
- Mathematics – 30 No. of Questions & 120 Maxi. Marks
- Total – 90 No. of Questions &360 Maxi. Marks
Paper 2 (B.Arch/B.Plan)
- Mathematics – 30 No. of Questions & 120 Maxi. Marks
- Aptitude Test – 50 No. of Questions &200 Maxi. Marks
- Drawing Test – 02 No. of Questions &70 Maxi. Marks
- Total – 82 No. of Questions &390 Maximum Marks
Timing of Exam
Paper-I (For B.E. /B.Tech) [Subject: Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry] – Computer Based Test (CBT) mody Only
First Shift: 09.30 am to 12.30 pm
Second Shift: 02.30 pm to 05.30 pm
Paper-II (For B.Arch./B.Planing) [Subject: Mathematics, Part-I Aptitude Test Part-II] – Computer Based Test (CBT) mody Only
First Shift/Second Shift: Will be held in one shift only
Drawing Test Part II: Pen and Paper Based (offline) mode to be attempted on Drawing Sheet
JEE Main Syllabus 2019
- The JEE Main syllabus will contain topics from the 11th and 12th class of CBSE, ICSE and other state boards. Syllabus for paper 1 will contain physics, chemistry and mathematics.
- Paper 2 syllabus will contain mathematics, aptitude and drawing sections. The detailed JEE Main 2019 syllabus is given below:
JEE Main Paper 1 Syllabus:
- Mathematics: Sets, relations and functions, Matrices and determinants, Mathematical induction, Sequences and series, Integral calculus, Binomial theorem and its simple applications, Vector algebra, Statistics and probability, Trigonometry, Complex numbers and quadratic equations, Mathematical reasoning, Permutations and combinations, etc.
- Physics: Physics and measurement, Thermodynamics, Rotational motion, Laws of motion, Electronic devices, Oscillations and waves, Current electricity, Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents, Optics, Electrostatics, Kinematics, Work, energy and power, Gravitation, Properties of solids and liquids, Kinetic theory of gases, etc.
- Chemistry: Physical Chemistry: Some basic concepts in chemistry, Atomic structure, Chemical thermodynamics, Equilibrium, Chemical kinetics, States of matter, Chemical bonding and molecular structure, etc.
- Organic Chemistry: Purification and characterisation of organic compounds, Chemistry in everyday life, Organic compounds containing halogens, Organic compounds containing nitrogen, Some basic principles of organic chemistry, etc.
- Inorganic Chemistry: Classification of elements and periodicity in properties, Block elements (alkali and alkaline earth metals), D – and f – block elements, Environmental chemistry, Hydrogen, Block elements group 13 to group 18 elements, etc.
JEE Main Paper 2 Syllabus:
- Part I: Awareness of persons, places, Buildings, Materials, Visualising three dimensional objects from two dimensional drawings, Visualising, Analytical Reasoning Mental Ability (Visual, Numerical and Verbal), etc.
- Part II: Understanding and appreciation of scale and proportion of objects, building forms and elements, colour texture, harmony and contrast, Transformation of forms both 2 D and 3 D union, subtraction, rotation, creating two dimensional and three-dimensional compositions using given shapes and forms, etc.
JEE Main Admit Card 2019
- The Admit Card can be downloaded from JEE (Main)-2019 website from 17th December 2018 onwards. The candidates are advised to download them admit cards from JEE (Main) website only. The Candidates are also advised to regularly see JEE (Main) website for updates
- The Admit Card is issued provisionally to the candidate subject to his/her satisfying the eligibility conditions. The candidate has to download his/her Admit Card from the NTA‟s website w.e.f. 17th December 2018 onwards and appear for the exam at the given Centre on Date and Shift as indicated in their Admit Card.
- No candidate will be allowed to appear at the exam centre on Date and Shift other than that allotted to him/her in their Admit card
JEE Main Counselling 2019
- After the releasing of result, the board will announce the detailed schedule of JEE Main 2019 counselling. Separate schedules will be announced for All India Rank and state level counselling.
- Counselling process will be organized from the third week of June 2019.
- JEE Main 2019 counselling will be conducted through online mode. A centralized counselling will be organized by JoSAA and CSAB in different rounds
- To appear in the counselling, candidates will have to register themselves. After that candidates have to fill their preferences of colleges and courses. On the basis of filled choices, rank, category and seats availability, a provisional seat allotment will be announced.
Fee Payable [For Exam Centre Opted]
- General/ OBC (Non-creamy layer): Boys – Rs.500/- in India & Rs.2000/- Outside India; and Girls – Rs.250/- in India & Rs.1000/- Outside India
Paper-2 (B. Arch/ B. Planning):
- SC/ST/PwD/ Transgender: Boys – Rs.250/- in India & Rs.1000/- Outside India; and Girls – Rs.250/- in India & Rs.1000/- Outside India
Both Paper-I (B.E. /B. Tech)
- General/ OBC (Non-creamy layer): Boys – Rs.900/- in India & Rs.3000/- Outside India and Girls – Rs.450/- in India & Rs.1500/- Outside India
- Paper-2 (B. Arch/ B. Planning): SC/ST/PwD/ Transgender: Boys – Rs.450/- in India & Rs.1500/- Outside India and Girls – Rs.450/- in India & Rs.1500/- Outside India
- Application Form will be released from 01st September 2018 (Jan exam). Below we are providing the details of JEE Main registration 2019:
- Candidates should supply all the required details while filling up the online form. On submission of details, a Acknowledgement Page with Application No. shall be generated
- Candidates are required to apply online for JEE Mains 2019 exam.
- JEE Main application form 2019 will be released from 1st September 2018 (Jan exam).
- Candidates have to upload the scanned images of passport size photograph and signature of candidate & mother’s/father’s/guardian.
- Photograph dimension should be 3.5 x 4.5 cm and dimension of signature should be 3.5 x 1.5 cm.
- The images should be in JPG or JPEG format.
- Multiple applications from a single candidate will be rejected.
- There is no provision to send the hard copy of the application.
JEE Main 2019 Exam Centres
- The exam centres of JEE Main 2019 are the venues where the entrance exam is conducted by NTA. The exam centres of JEE Main 2019 have to be selected by the candidates while filling the online application form
- All details regarding the exam centre will be available in the admit card. The details of the exam centres will be announced by NTA soon.