NTA announced JEE Main 2019 Exam Dates for April 2019
JEE Main 2019 (April) – National Test Agency (NTA) announces JEE Main 2019 April Exam Dates. JEE Main 2019 April Exam will be organized by NTA (National Testing Agency). It is a national level entrance test. It is organized to offer admission in BE/B.Tech and B.Arch/B.Plan Courses.
The National Testing Agency (NTA) will be conducting the Joint Entrance Examination Main (JEE Main) 2019 twice in a year. JEE Main April 2019 Exam will be the second entrance for the academic year 2019-20 for Undergraduate Engineering admissions into NITs, IIITs and GFTIs.
Registrations for JEE Main 2019 April Exam will be starts from 08th February 2019 to 07th March 2019.
Also See: Engineering Entrance Exams 2019
About JEE (Main) 2019
- The JEE (Main) 2019 is conducted twice this year n. The students will have following benefits of the new pattern:
- This will give one more opportunity to the student to improve their scores in examination if they fail to give their best in first attempt without wasting their whole academic year.
- In first attempt, the students will get a first-hand experience of taking an exam and to know their mistakes which they can improve while attempting for the second time.
- This will reduce chances of dropping a year and droppers would not have to waste a full year.
- If anyone missed the examination due to reasons beyond control, then he/she won’t have to wait for one full year.
- The student’s best of the two NTA scores will be considered for preparation of Merit List/ Ranking.
- The first attempt of JEE (Main) 2019 was held in January 2019 whereas the second attempt will be held in April 2019.
- To know all about the JEE Main 2019 exam process, dates, salient features, pattern, syllabus and more, read the page below.
Get latest Engineering Entrance Exam Alerts by E-mail/SMS, Fill up the Form below:
Details of JEE Main 2019
- Name of Examination: Joint Entrance Examination Main
- Commonly Known As: JEE Main
- Conducting Body: National Testing Agency (NTA)
- Examination Level: All India Entrance Exam
- Category: Undergraduate Examination
- Mode of Examination: Computer based test
- Number of Attempts: Twice in a year
- Duration of Exam: 3 Hours
Also See: NTA JEE Main 2019 Guidelines
JEE Main 2019 (April) Important Dates
- Application Form Release: 08th February 2019
- Online Submission of Application Forms: 08th Feb to 07th March 2019 (up to 11.50 pm)
- Successful Transaction of Fee: 08th February to 08th March 2019
- Downloading of Admit Cards: 18th March 2019
- Date of Examination:
07th April 2019 (Sunday) to 20th April 2019 (Saturday) 08th, 09th, 10th, and 12th April 2019
- Declaration of Result on NTA website of Paper-1 by 30th April 2019
- Declaration of Result on NTA website of Paper-2 by 15th May 2019
Eligibility Criteria of JEE Main 2019
- For appearing in the JEE (Main) Examination there is no age limit for the candidates. The candidates who have passed XII Examination in 2017, 2018 or appearing in 2019 irrespective of their age can appear in JEE (Main) Examination – 2019
- The candidates should satisfy themselves about the eligibility of age limit requirements of the Institutes in which he/she is desirous of taking admission.
Year of Appearance in Qualifying Examination (QE):
- Only those candidates who have passed their Class 12th Exam or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2017 or 2018; or those who are appearing in their Class 12th Exam or any equivalent qualifying exam in 2019 are eligible to appear in April 2019 JEE(Main)-2019 Exam.
- Candidates who passed Class 12th/Qualifying Exam 2016 or before as well as those who will appear in such examination in 2020 or later are not eligible to appear in JEE (Main)-2019.
- Those candidates who have appeared in JEE (Main) – January 2019 Examination, are also eligible to appear in JEE(Main) – April 2019.
No. of Subjects in the Qualifying Exam (QE):
- Candidates must have taken at least five subjects in class 12th/qualifying examination in order to be eligible for writing JEE (Main)-2019. The candidates who have taken four subjects are not eligible to write JEE (Main)-2019 and if such candidates appear in JEE (Main)-2019.
- Only for B.Arch., the candidate must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in Qualifying Examination.
Also See: JEE Main 2019 Latest news
JEE (Main) NTA Score for Paper-1 and Paper-2:
- NTA Score for Paper-1 and Paper-2: Following shall be applicable for both the attempts.
- After the JEE (Main)-April 2019 examinations, the NTA will display Answer Keys & recorded responses of multiple choice questions of Paper-1 and Paper-2 on the NTA‟s website www.jeemain.nic.in.
- The result will be compiled on the basis of final answer keys. No grievance with regard to answer key(s) after declaration of result of JEE (Main)-April 2019 will be entertained.
Eligibility for NITs, IIITs & CFTIs participating through Seat Allocation Board:
- Admission to NITs, IIITs & CFTIs participating though Central Seat Allocation Board will be based on All India Rank as explained above in section 2.10 subject to the condition that the candidate should have secured at least 75% marks in the 12th class exam or be in the top 20% in the 12th class exam conducted by the respective Boards.
- For SC/ST candidates the qualifying marks would be 65% in the 12th class exam
- Subject combinations required in the qualifying exam for admission to B.E./B. Tech. & B. Arch./B. Planning Courses in NITs, IIITs, and other CFTIs shall be as under.
- For B.E. /B Tech. – Required Criteria based on Class 12th/Equivalent qualifying Exam; passed 10+2 Exam with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Technical Vocational subjects.
- B.Arch./B. Planning – Passed 10+2 Examination with Mathematics.
Number of Seats in various Institutions:
- For all admission related procedures/queries, the candidates are advised to refer the website of JoSAA, Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB) or the concerned State Govt. /Institute after declaration of ranks of JEE (Main) – 2019.
Also See: Why you should opt for JEE Main computer based exam?
Reservation of Seats
- As per Govt. of India rules candidates belonging to certain categories are admitted to seats reserved for them based on relaxed criteria. These categories are:
- OBC if they belong to Non-Creamy Layer (NCL) – 27%
- SC – 15%
- ST – 7.5%
- PwD with 40% or more disability – 03% Horizontal
- Benefit of reservation for admission to NITs/IIITs and CFTIs shall be given only to those classes/castes/tribes which are in the respective central list published by the Govt of India
- For admission to State Engineering colleges who have opted for admission through JEE (Main) -April 2019, the reservation rules of that state shall apply.
Scheme of Exam of JEE (Main) 2019
- Admission Criteria to Undergraduate Engineering Programs at NITs, IIITs, Other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions, Institutions funded by participating State Governments, and other Institutions shall include the performance in the class 12/equivalent qualifying Examination and in the Joint Entrance Exam, JEE (Main).
- The Paper-1 (B. E./B. Tech.) of JEE (Main) will also be an eligibility test for the JEE (Advanced), which the candidate has to take if he/she is aspiring for admission to the undergraduate programmes offered by the IITs.
- The States of Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Nagaland and Odisha have joined JEE (Main) system. Therefore, the candidates seeking admission to the institutions in these states, which were earlier admitting based on their State Level Exam, are also advised to fill in the JEE (Main) – 2019 application form online.
Also See: Tips to get High JEE Main AIR Ranking
Type of Exam
- JEE (Main)–April 2019 shall have two papers, Paper-1 (B. E. /B. Tech.) and Paper-2 (B. Arch. /B. Planning). Candidates may take Paper-1 (B. E. /B. Tech.) or Paper-2 (B. Arch. /B.Planning.) or both as per the course(s) they are seeking admission to.
- The examination will be organized in online (computer based) mode.
- Type of Questions (Paper 1): The question paper will comprise of objective type questions.
- Type of Questions (Paper 2): Mathematics and aptitude section will be of objective type questions and drawing test will be subjective. The total exam duration will be three hours.
- The question paper will be asked in English and Hindi language for all exam cities and English, Hindi and Gujarati languages for exam cities in Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli.
- Four marks will be provided for each correct answer. One mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
No. of Questions
For Paper 1 (BE/B.Tech):
- Mathematics – 30 No. of Questions & 120 Maxi. Marks
- Physics – 30 No. of Questions & 120 Maxi. Marks
- Chemistry – 30 No. of Questions & 120 Maxi. Marks
- Total – 90 No. of Questions & 360 Maxi. Marks
Paper 2 (B.Arch/B.Plan)
- Mathematics – 30 No. of Questions & 120 Maxi. Marks
- Aptitude Test – 50 No. of Questions & 200 Maxi. Marks
- Drawing Test – 02 No. of Questions & 70 Maxi. Marks
- Total – 82 No. of Questions & 390 Maximum Marks
Timing of Exam
- Paper-I (For B.E. /B.Tech) [Subject: Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry] – Computer Based Test (CBT) mode Only.
- First Shift: 09.30 am to 12.30 pm
- Second Shift: 02.30 pm to 05.30 pm
- Paper-II (For B.Arch./B.Planing) [Subject: Mathematics, Part-I Aptitude Test Part-II] – Computer Based Test (CBT) mode Only
- First Shift/Second Shift: 02.30 pm to 05.30 pm
- Drawing Test Part II: Pen and Paper Based (offline) mode to be attempted on Drawing Sheet
Also See: JEE Mains 2019 Participating Engineering Colleges
JEE Main Syllabus 2019
- The JEE Main syllabus will contain topics from the 11th and 12th class of CBSE, ICSE and other state boards. Syllabus for paper 1 will contain physics, chemistry and mathematics.
- Paper 2 syllabus will contain mathematics, aptitude and drawing sections. The detailed JEE Main 2019 syllabus is given below:
JEE Main Paper 1 Syllabus:
- Mathematics: Sets, relations and functions, Matrices and determinants, Mathematical induction, Sequences and series, Integral calculus, Binomial theorem and its simple applications, Vector algebra, Statistics and probability, Trigonometry, Complex numbers and quadratic equations, Mathematical reasoning, Permutations and combinations, etc.
- Physics: Physics and measurement, Thermodynamics, Rotational motion, Laws of motion, Electronic devices, Oscillations and waves, Current electricity, Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents, Optics, Electrostatics, Kinematics, Work, energy and power, Gravitation, Properties of solids and liquids, Kinetic theory of gases, etc.
- Chemistry: Physical Chemistry: Some basic concepts in chemistry, Atomic structure, Chemical thermodynamics, Equilibrium, Chemical kinetics, States of matter, Chemical bonding and molecular structure, etc.
- Organic Chemistry: Purification and characterisation of organic compounds, Chemistry in everyday life, Organic compounds containing halogens, Organic compounds containing nitrogen, Some basic principles of organic chemistry, etc.
- Inorganic Chemistry: Classification of elements and periodicity in properties, Block elements (alkali and alkaline earth metals), D – and f – block elements, Environmental chemistry, Hydrogen, Block elements group 13 to group 18 elements, etc.
JEE Main Paper 2 Syllabus:
- Part I: Awareness of persons, places, Buildings, Materials, Visualising three dimensional objects from two dimensional drawings, Visualising, Analytical Reasoning Mental Ability (Visual, Numerical and Verbal), etc.
- Part II: Understanding and appreciation of scale and proportion of objects, building forms and elements, colour texture, harmony and contrast, Transformation of forms both 2 D and 3 D union, subtraction, rotation, creating two dimensional and three-dimensional compositions using given shapes and forms, etc.
Also See: List of Qualifying Exams for JEE Main
JEE Main Admit Card 2019
- The Admit Card can be downloaded from JEE (Main) – April 2019 website from 20th March 2019 onwards. The candidates are advised to download them admit cards from JEE (Main) website only. The Candidates are also advised to regularly see JEE (Main) website for updates.
- The Admit Card is issued provisionally to the candidate subject to his/her satisfying the eligibility conditions. The candidate has to download his/her Admit Card from the NTA‟s website w.e.f. 20th March 2019 onwards and appear for the exam at the given Centre on Date and Shift as indicated in their Admit Card.
- No candidate will be allowed to appear at the exam centre on Date and Shift other than that allotted to him/her in their Admit card.
JEE Main Counselling 2019
- After the releasing of result, the board will announce the detailed schedule of JEE Main 2019 counselling. Separate schedules will be announced for All India Rank and state level counselling.
- Counselling process will be organized from the third week of June 2019.
- JEE Main 2019 counselling will be conducted through online mode. A centralized counselling will be organized by JoSAA and CSAB in different rounds
- To appear in the counselling, candidates will have to register themselves. After that candidates have to fill their preferences of colleges and courses. On the basis of filled choices, rank, category and seats availability, a provisional seat allotment will be announced.
Fee Payable [For Exam Centre Opted]
- General/ OBC (Non-creamy layer): Boys – Rs.500/- in India & Rs.2000/- Outside India; and Girls – Rs.250/- in India & Rs.1000/- Outside India.
Paper-2 (B. Arch/ B. Planning)
- SC/ST/PwD/ Transgender: Boys – Rs.250/- in India & Rs.1000/- Outside India; and Girls – Rs.250/- in India & Rs.1000/- Outside India.
Both Paper-I (B.E. /B. Tech)
- General/ OBC (Non-creamy layer): Boys – Rs.900/- in India & Rs.3000/- Outside India and Girls – Rs.450/- in India & Rs.1500/- Outside India.
- Paper-2 (B. Arch/ B. Planning): SC/ST/PwD/ Transgender: Boys – Rs.450/- in India & Rs.1500/- Outside India and Girls – Rs.450/- in India & Rs.1500/- Outside India.
JEE Main 2019 (April) Application Procedure
- Candidates have to apply for JEE (Main)-April 2019 Online ONLY by accessing the website www.jeemain.nic.in. The Application Form other than online mode would not be accepted, in any case. Only one application is to be submitted by a candidate. More than one application i.e. Multiple application forms submitted by a candidate will be rejected.
- It is suggested that you have the following ready before starting the filling of the application form:
- A computer with good Internet connectivity
- All your qualification details
- Scanned clear passport photograph in JPG/JPEG format (size between 10 kb–200 kb) (For First Timers)
- Scanned clear signature in JPG/JPEG format (size between 4 kb–30 kb) (For First Timers)
- A valid e-mail Id as all communication will be made on this e-mail Id
- A valid mobile number as all information via SMS will be sent to this number
- A valid debit/credit card or Net banking account if you want to pay ONLINE
- A printer connected to your system to print e-challan and confirmation page
- Download information Bulletin. Read it carefully to ensure your eligibility and acquaint with the requirements for submission of Online Application Form.
Follow 3 (Three) Steps to Apply Online
For the candidates who appeared in JEE(Main) – January 2019 Exam:
- Step-1: Candidate has to login with the Application Number of the January 2019 Exam and its created Password/date of birth. The details of the Candidate’s name, Mother’s name, Father’s name, Category, PwD status, Gender, Date of birth, State code of eligibility will come in drop down menu, as filled by the candidate during January 2019 Exam application form. Since these details are recorded in NTA score card of the January 2019 exam, any further correction cannot be allowed.
- Step-2: Complete the Application Form by filling your choice of course(s) (Paper-1 or Paper-2 or both), question paper medium, and choice of four centre cities.
- Step-3: Payment by Debit/Credit Card/Net Banking/e-Challan.
For the candidates who are appearing for JEE (Main) – April 2019 Exam for the First Time:
- Step-1: Register for Online Application Form and note down system generated Application Number. The candidate should enter all the details while filling the Online Application Form and should create PASSWORD and choose Security Question and enter his/her Answer. After successful submission of the personal details, Application number will be generated, and it will be used to complete the remaining Steps of the Application Form.
- Step-2: Complete the Application Form Candidate can login with the system generated Application Number and created Password for completing the Application Form.
- Step-3: Upload Scanned Images of Candidate Photograph and Candidate Signature. 1.Scanned photograph and signature should be in JPG/JPEG format. 2.Size of scanned photograph should be between 10 kb to 200 kb. 3.Size of scanned signature should be between 4 kb to 30 kb.
- Upload the correct Photograph and Signature as the facility for correction in images will not be given.
- Step-4: Payment by Debit/Credit Card/Net Banking/e-Challan: The candidate has to select Debit card/Credit card/Net banking/e-challan option to pay the application fee and follow the online instruction to complete the payment of fee.
JEE Main 2019 Exam Centres
- The Cities where the JEE (Main)–April 2019 will be conducted are given in Appendix-1. While applying, candidates have to select any four cities of their choice. The efforts will be made to allot city of examination to the candidates in order of the choice opted by them in their application form. However, due to administrative reasons, a different city of nearby area may be allotted.
- The decision of the NTA regarding allotment of Centre shall be final. No further correspondence or request shall be entertained in such cases.