B Des and M Des Admission Open for 2021 in UPES Dehradun
UPES DAT 2021 – University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) Dehradun invites applications for admission to Bachelor of Design (B.Des) and Master of Design (M.Des) in Transport Design and Industrial Design, Dehradun offered in the School of Design Studies for the session 2021.
School of Design Studies, UPES provides creative design courses that help students understand and master visual design aspects of transportation, industrial, and product development and build a successful career in the industry of their choice.
About UPES DAT 2021
- University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) conducts online Design Aptitude Test (DAT) in order to offer admission to aspirants in design programmes on offer by the College. To secure admission in design programmes at University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES), aspirants have to give DAT and those who clear this admission round then need to appear for the interviews and portfolio round.
- UPES DAT is an online test. Aspirants need to take UPES DAT 2021 in order to secure admission in MDes and BDes Courses on offer by School of Design Studies (SoDS) at UPES.
Programs Offered at UPES, Dehradun
- University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) offers design courses both at the undergraduate and postgraduate level to aspirants under its School of Design Studies (SoDS). Design programmes on offer at UPES are as mentioned below:
Undergraduate Design Programs
- B.Des in Product Design; Interior & Retail Spaces; Transportation and Mobility Design; Animation and VFX and; Graphics and Communication Design
Postgraduate Design Programs
- M.Des in Product Design; User Experience and Interaction Design; Fashion Design and; Transportation and Mobility Design
UPES DAT 2021 Important Dates
- Last Date for submission of the online application – 04th April 2021
- Availability of Admit Card available – To be announced
- Date of UPES DAT 2021 – 08th April 2021
- Interview Date for B.Des. – to be announced
- UPES DAT 2021 Result – to be announced
Eligibility Criteria for UPES DAT 2021
- The eligibility criteria for BDes and MDes course admissions at UPES is different. Candidates can go through the detailed eligibility criteria for both courses below:
For B.Des Course :
- Candidates need to meet these eligibility criteria if they want to secure admission in design programmes offered by the School of Design Studies (SoDS). Candidates are eligible to apply for BDes programmes on offer by UPES if they have managed to secure at least 50% marks in their Class X as well as their Class XII.
- However, if aspirants do not want to appear for UPES DAT 2021 exam then they are eligible to secure admission in BDes course offered at UPES if they fulfill either of the below mentioned eligibility criteria:
- Board Exam Merit – Secured at least 65% marks in Class X and Class XII.
- UCEED/ JEE MAIN Merit – Secured at least 50% in Class X and Class XII as well as cleared JEE MAIN or UCEED exam.
For M.Des Course :
- Candidates need to meet these eligibility criteria if they want to secure admission in design programmes offered by the School of Design Studies (SoDS). Candidates are eligible to secure admission in MDes programmes at UPES without giving the entrance exam if they possess a valid CEED score.
Aspirants meet UPES DAT 2021 eligibility criteria for MDes admissions if they have:
- Secured minimum of 50% aggregate in their Class X and Class XII.
- Pursued BTech/BE in any discipline/BFA (4 years duration)/BArch/BDes/ BSc in Design (3 years) plus one year of foundation/ Applied Arts with at least 50% marks.
- Only candidates whose date of birth falls on or after October 1, 1998 are eligible to apply for admission. Date of Birth as recorded in the Secondary Education Board/University certificate only will be considered authentic.
UPES DAT 2021 Application Process
- Candidates can apply online only through the official website https://www.upes.ac.in/
- Candidates need to follow the below mentioned steps to take part in the admission cycle of UPES DAT 2021 visit https://www.upes.ac.in/
Step 1 – Fill UPES DAT Application Form
- Candidates can fill their UPES DAT 2021 application form either in the online or offline mode.
- For UPES DAT registrations in the offline mode, candidates can purchase the application form by sending a demand draft in favour of UPES Fee Account, payable at New Delhi to University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, Enrollments Office, UPES, 210, 2nd Floor, Okhla Industrial Estate, New Delhi 110020.
Step 2 – Get UPES DAT Admit Card
- UPES DAT 2021 admit card is available online on the official website of University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES).
Step 3 – Give UPES DAT
- Aspirants need to appear for UPES DAT exam in order to secure admission in design programmes offered at UPES. UPES DAT 2021 is conducted in the online mode only. In UPES DAT exam aspirants need to solve objective type questions in one hour duration.
Step 4 – Appear for Interview & Portfolio Round
- Candidates who have cleared the UPES DAT exam need to appear for the interview round. On the same day, aspirants also need to present their work portfolio.
UPES DAT 2021 Admit Card
- UPES DAT 2021 Admit card will be available to the candidates in online mode only, on the official website www.upes.ac.in or candidate can get the direct link for downloading UPES DAT 2021 Hall Ticket.
- Admit cards will only be released for the candidates who have submitted the application form on or before the last date. Admit card contains the important details regarding the exams like examination time, venue, and instruction which candidates must follow during the examination time.
For B.Des Course
- UCEED 2021 Candidates – Rank upto 5562 as the qualifying criteria for admission to BDes programme.
- UCEED 2021 Candidates – Rank upto 1344 as the qualifying criteria for admission to BDes programme.
In case candidates do not meet the UCEED eligibility criteria then they need to apply for the UPES DAT Online test.
For M.Des Course
- Selection is based on UPES Design Aptitude Test (UPES-DAT 2021) or board merit / UCEED merit followed up by personal interview and presentation on the work portfolio.
UPES-DAT 2021 Exam Pattern
- Mode of Exam – Online mode
- Language – English
- Type of Question – MCQs
- Duration – 1 hour (60 minutes)
- Marking scheme – 1 marks for correct answers and no negative marking
- UPES conducts its UPES-DAT 2021 exams at various centers in each state of India. Candidates can choose exam centers according to their suitability. A list of various UPES-DAT Centres 2021 for the exam is mentioned below:
- Delhi, Ahmedabad, Kerala, Karnataka, Bengaluru, Kolkata, Patna, Bhopal, Indore, Jaipur, etc.
UPES DAT Result
- Once the entire admission process is over, UPES declares the merit list of shortlisted candidates for admission in BDes/MDes programmes on its official website https://www.upes.ac.in/
- Candidates can check their UPES DAT result on the official website of the college by filling their application number.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website
University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES), Dehradun
P.O. Bidholi Via-Prem Nagar, Dehradun-248007, Tel.: 18001028737, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website www.upes.ac.in