University of Petroleum and Energy Studies Dehradun announces Design Aptitude Test for B.Des and M.Des Admission 2022
UPES DAT 2022 – University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) Dehradun invites applications for admission to Bachelor of Design (B.Des) and Master of Design (M.Des) in Transport Design and Industrial Design, Dehradun offered in the School of Design Studies for the session 2022.
School of Design Studies, UPES provides creative design courses that help students understand and master visual design aspects of transportation, industrial, and product development and build a successful career in the industry of their choice.
- Undergraduate Design Programs : B.Des in Product Design; Interior & Retail Spaces; Transportation and Mobility Design; Animation and VFX and; Graphics and Communication Design and more specialization*
- Postgraduate Design Programs : M.Des in Product Design; User Experience and Interaction Design; Fashion Design and; Transportation and Mobility Design And more specialization*
UPES DAT Dates 2022
- Application Process : Ongoing
- Last Date for submission of the online application : 19th April 2022
- Date of UPES DAT 2022 : 22nd to 24th April 2022
UPES DAT Eligibility Criteria 2022
- The eligibility criteria for BDes and MDes course admissions at UPES is different. Candidates can go through the detailed eligibility criteria for both courses below:
For B.Des Course:
- Candidates need to meet these eligibility criteria if they want to secure admission in design programmes offered by the School of Design Studies (SoDS). Candidates are eligible to apply for BDes programmes on offer by UPES if they have managed to secure at least 50% marks in their Class X as well as their Class XII.
- However, if aspirants do not want to appear for UPES DAT exam then they are eligible to secure admission in BDes course offered at UPES if they fulfill either of the below mentioned eligibility criteria:
- Board Exam Merit – Secured at least 65% marks in Class X and Class XII.
- UCEED/ JEE MAIN Merit – Secured at least 50% in Class X and Class XII as well as cleared JEE MAIN or UCEED exam.
For M.Des Course:
- Candidates need to meet these eligibility criteria if they want to secure admission in design programmes offered by the School of Design Studies (SoDS). Candidates are eligible to secure admission in MDes programmes at UPES without giving the entrance exam if they possess a valid CEED score.
- Aspirants meet UPES DAT 2022 eligibility criteria for MDes admissions if they have:
- Secured minimum of 50% aggregate in their Class X and Class XII.
- Pursued BTech/BE in any discipline/BFA (4 years duration)/BArch/BDes/ BSc in Design (3 years) plus one year of foundation/ Applied Arts with at least 50% marks.
UPES DAT Application Process 2022
- Candidates can apply online only through the official website https://www.upes.ac.in/
- Candidates need to follow the below mentioned steps to take part in the admission cycle of UPES DAT 2022 visit https://www.upes.ac.in/
- Step 1 – Fill UPES DAT Application Form
- Step 2 – Get UPES DAT Admit Card
- Step 3 – Give UPES DAT
- Step 4 – Appear for Interview & Portfolio Round
For B.Des Course
- UPES Design Aptitude Test (UPES-DAT) followed by a personal interview and a presentation on the work portfolio.
- Non-Examination : On the basis of valid Board Merit, NIFT, NID and UCEED ranking, candidates will directly go for the personal interview and presentation on the work portfolio.
For M.Des Course
- Selection is based on UPES Design Aptitude Test (UPES-DAT 2022) or board merit / UCEED merit followed by a personal interview and presentation on the work portfolio.
UPES-DAT 2022 Exam Pattern
- Mode of Exam – Online mode
- Language – English
- Type of Question – MCQs
- Duration – 1 hour (60 minutes)
- Marking scheme – 1 marks for correct answers and no negative marking
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website