IIT Bombay announces Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam for Design (UCEED) 2022 for Admission to Bachelor of Design (B.Des) Program
UCEED 2022 – Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay has released the notification for Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam for Design (UCEED) 2022 for admissions to the Bachelor of Design (B.Des) Program offered at IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad and IIITDM Jabalpur.
Applications for the same can be submitted till Sunday January 23, 2022 in online mode.
- Admissions to the Bachelor of Design (BDes) Programmes at IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad and IIITDM Jabalpur are done through the Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design (UCEED)
UCEED 2022 Important Dates
- Start date for Online Registration: September 9th, 2021
- Last date for Online Registration with regular fee:
October 31st, 2021extended till November 11, 2021
- Last date for Online Registration with late fee Rs 500:
October 17th, 2021extended till November 16, 2021
- Start date for Admit Card downloading: January 8th, 2022 onwards
- Last date for rectification of discrepancies in Admit Card: January 14th, 2022, 05:00 pm
- UCEED 2022: January 23rd, 2022 (Sunday, 09:00 am to 12:00 noon)
- Release of Draft Answer Key: January 25th, 2022
- Last date for uploading comments Draft Answer Key: January 27th, 2022, 05:00pm
- Release of Final Answer Key: January 31st, 2022
- Announcement of cut-off marks for Part-A: February 10th, 2022
- Declaration of results: March 10th, 2022
- Start date for Score Card downloading: Mar 14th, 2022
- Last date for Score Card downloading: January 14th, 2022
Eligibility Criteria for UCEED 2022
- A candidate, including a foreign national, must fulfil each and every one of the following three criteria to appear in UCEED 2022
- Candidates should have been born on or after 01st October 1997 if belonging to the GEN or OBC-NCL category and on or after 01st October 1992 if belonging to the SC/ST or PwD Category.
- For admission to B. Des, the candidate should have passed the qualifying exam. If a qualifying Board awards only letter grades without providing information on the passing grade on the grade sheet, the candidate should obtain a certificate from the Board specifying the passing grade and submit it at the time of online acceptance of the allocated seat.
- In case such a certificate is not provided, the decision taken by the B.Des admissions Committee will be final. Candidates should have qualified in UCEED 2022
- The criteria, as specified above, is applicable “into” all the candidates including foreign nationals.
- Candidates should have passed all subjects in the Qualifying Examination (Class XII or equivalent) in 2021, OR should be appearing for the qualifying exam in 2022 in order to be eligible to attempt UCEED 2022. Students from All Streams (Science, Commerce, and Arts & Humanities) are eligible.
- Candidates appearing for the first time in their qualifying exam in 2020 or earlier are NOT eligible.
- The final exam of the 10+2 system, conducted by a Central or State Board recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (www.aiuweb.org)
Number of Attempts
- A candidate can attempt UCEED for a maximum of two times and that too in consecutive years. Note that UCEED score is valid for one year, and only for admissions in the same corresponding academic year.
How to Apply for UCEED 2022 – Application Process
- Candidates should register for appearing in UCEED 2022
- Registration can be done only through the online registration portal linked from www.uceed.iitb.ac.in. Candidates should simultaneously satisfy all the three eligibility criteria [refer eligibility criteria for appearing in UCEED 2022
- Registration will be cancelled if, at a later date, it is found that the candidate does not meet any of the three eligibility criteria.
- Registration fee is NEITHER refundable NOR transferable.
- Female Candidates (all categories) – Rs.1750/-
- SC, ST, PwD Candidates – Rs.1750/-
- All Other Candidates – Rs.3500/-
Foreign Nationals (including PIO/OCI)
- Candidates from SAARC countries – US $ 350
- Candidates from Non-SAARC countries – US $ 450
UCEED 2022 Exam Pattern
- UCEED 2022 exam will be conducted on January 23rd, 2022.
- Mode of Exam: Online mode
- Language: English
- Duration: 3 hours
- Types of Questions: Objective Type Test (MCQ type)
- Total Marks: 300 marks
- Question paper will consist of two parts: Part-A and Part-B
UCEED 2022 Syllabus
- It will consist of subjects Visualization and spatial ability, Observation and design sensitivity, Environmental and social awareness, Analytical and logical reasoning, Analytical and logical reasoning, Language and creativity, Design thinking and problem solving & Drawing of 10+2 based.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website