Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay announces Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED) 2023 for MDes and PhD admission
CEED 2023 – IIT Bombay has released the notification for Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED) 2023. CEED is a qualifying examination for admission to Master of Design (MDes) programmes at IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, IIT Kanpur, IIT Roorkee and IIITDM Jabalpur and PhD programmes at several IITs and design schools.
Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED) 2023
- Online Registration Start Date : October 05, 2022
- Online Registration End Date (with regular fee) : November 11, 2022
- Online Registration End Date (with Rs. 500 late fee) : November 18, 2022
- Start date for Admit Card downloading : To be announced
- Last date for rectification of discrepancies in the Admit Card : To be announced
- Date and time of CEED 2023 : To be announced
- Release of draft answer key for Part-A and release candidate’s response for Part-A : To be announced
- Last date for uploading comments (if any) on the Draft Answer Key for Part-A in the candidate’s portal : To be announced
- Release of final answer key for Part-A : To be announced
- Announcement of cut-off marks for Part-A : To be announced
- Declaration of results : To be announced
- Score Cards available for downloading: To be announced
- Last date for downloading Scorecard: To be announced
Eligibility Criteria for CEED 2023
- Candidates must have completed a degree/diploma/post graduate degree programme of minimum THREE years (after 10+2 level), or must be appearing for the final examination of such a program by July 2022, or must have passed the GD Arts diploma programme (10+5 level) by July 2022.
- Note that the eligibility criteria for admission to various institutes may differ from the eligibility criteria for appearing for CEED. Before applying for CEED, candidates are advised to check whether they meet the required eligibility criteria for admission to various institutes.
- There is no age limit to appear for CEED. Also, a candidate can appear for CEED any number of times.
- CEED registration form must be submitted ONLINE ONLY through the official website, http://www.ceed.iitb.ac.in
- The normal registration fee shown above is applicable till the regular closing date of registration. A late fee of Rs. 500 is applicable to ALL candidates for registrations submitted after the regular closing date.
- Rs. 1600 for all women candidates
- Rs. 1600 for (SC/ST/PwD) candidates
- Rs. 3200 for all other candidates
CEED 2023 Exam Pattern
- CEED 2022 examination will consist of two parts, Part-A and Part-B. Candidates must attempt questions from both the parts. Part-A will be conducted from 9:00 am to 10:00 am followed by Part-B from 10:00 am to 12:00 noon.
- Part-A contains objective questions of three types: Numerical Answer Type (NAT), Multiple Choice Question (MCQ), and Multiple Select Question (MSQ). Answers to Part-A have to be given on the computer. These will be design aptitude type questions that evaluate visual and spatial ability, environmental and social awareness, analytical and logical reasoning, language, observation and design sensitivity of the candidates.
- Part-B consists of five questions that are aimed at testing design, drawing and writing skills. The questions in Part-B will be displayed on the computer screen and the answers are to be written in the answer book provided by the invigilator (NOT into the Computer). However, you need to tick the appropriate box on the computer screen to indicate that you have answered the same. Part-B answer books will be collected at the end of the examination
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website