JEE Main that is Joint Entrance Examination is one of the most important engineering entrance exams in India. This exam is conducted by NTA that is National Test Agency. Earlier this Exam was conducted by CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education). Formerly, this exam was known as All India Engineering Exam (AIEE) which later was named as JEE (Joint Entrance Examination) in April 2020. This is the screening exam for all the admissions in the reputed universities, Colleges, and Institutes of engineering.
Key Points Regarding JEE Main Exam (Joint Entrance Exam)
- Name of Examination: Joint Entrance Examination Main
- Commonly Known As: JEE Main
- Conducting Body: National Testing Agency (NTA)
- Examination Level: All India Entrance Exam
- Category:Undergraduate Examination
- Mode of Examination: Computer based test
- Number of Attempts: Twice in a year
- Duration of Exam: 3 Hours
The Structure of Exam –
JEE Main exam is conducted in two paper structure that is Paper 1 for B.E and B.Tech courses, and Paper 2 for B.Arch courses. An aspirant can opt for either one paper or both the papers. This exam is conducted in both pen&paper format as well as Online Mode.
This exam consists of three subjects that is Maths, Physics, and Chemistry. Each subject paper will consist of 30 questions of equal weightage. The question format for this exam is multiple choices.
Also See :