NTA releases Sample Question of Numerical Value for JEE Main 2020 – National Testing Agency has released the Sample Questions for Section on Numerical Value on its website. The section of Numerical Value has been introduced for JEE Main Exam 2020. For Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry papers, 20 questions will be MCQs and 5 questions will have answer to be filled as numerical value.
From 2020, JEE Main will consist of three papers – BE/BTech, BArch and B.Planning.
BTech/ BE paper will have questions from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. BArch Paper will consist of Drawing, Mathematics and Aptitude Section. Drawing Test will be conducted in offline mode. B.Planning paper will consist of Mathematics, Aptitude and Planning Based Questions.
No of Question of each paper is – 75 for BTech/BE, 77 for BArch, and 100 for B.Planning
NTA has also released the Sample Questions for Section on Planning. The aim of releasing the sample question by NTA is to help aspirants understand the new format and prepare for the exam accordingly.
Q.1: A particle moves in the x-y plane under the influence of a force such that the linear momentum Is P(t) = A [ î cos kt – ĵ sin kt ] Where A and k are constants. The angle in degrees between force and momentum is_________.
Answer : 90
Q.2: A power line lies along the east – west direction and carries a current of 10 A. The force per meter due to earth’s magnetic field of 10-4 T is 10-X N/m. The value of x is_____________. Answer : 3
Q.3: The sun’s disc subtends an angle of 10-2 rad at the earth. The radius of curvature ( in meters) of the mirror which will produce on a screen an image of the sun 2 cm in diameter is____________.
Answer : 4
Q.4: The binding energy of deuteron (1H 2 ) is 1.15 MeV per nucleon and an alpha particle ( 2He4 ) has a binding energy of 7.1 MeV per nucleon. Then in the reaction 1H 2 + 1H 2 → 2He4 + Q The energy Q released in MeV is __________
Answer : 23.8
Q.5: Light of wavelength 0.6 mm from a sodium lamp falls on a photo cell and causes the emission of photoelectrons for which the stopping potential is 0.5 V. With light of wavelength 0.4 mm from a mercury lamp the stopping potential is 1.5 V. Then, the work function in eV of the photocell surface is____________.
Answer : 1.5
Question will broadly cover the following
• General Awareness regarding development issues, government programs/schemes etc.
• Comprehension, critical thinking and analytical skills, graphs, charts and map reading skills, simple statistics
• CBSE class X Social Sciences
• This section will also include a written passage
• All questions will be MCQs
1. Following pie chart gives a percentage distribution of time spent on various activities in the last 30 days. What would be the number of hours spent travelling in a month?
a) 22 hrs
b) 30 hrs
c) 18 hrs
d) 35 hrs.
2. What is the full form of UTM ?
a) Universal Transverse Mercator
b) United Travel Mechanism
c) Universal Target Machine
d) Universal Transverse Machine
3. Symbols on a map that represent physical features on surface of Earth are classified as:
4. In which year was the Earth Summit held?
5. Find the median of given values ( 2,4,3,2,9,75,29 )
6. In the given diagram If the person has to move from A1 to H in which direction will she be moving?
7. What is wrong with the logic of the following statement? “How can you believe his testimony? He is a convicted felon!”
a) The fact that the person testifying was convicted of a crime does not mean he is lying.
b) A convicted felon cannot testify in court.
c) The person speaking has a bias against criminals.
d) The person speaking obviously did not attend law school.
8. Which of the organization amongst the options given below manages solid waste in city:
a) Municipal corporation/committee/municipality
b) Public Works Department
c) Development Authority
d) Town and Country Planning Organisation
9. Which of the following programmes is related to development of heritage cities
b) Digital India
c) Make in India
d) Skill India
10. Which of the following sites of Indus Valley Civilisation is located on the banks of river Indus in Larkan District of Pakistan?
11. Match Group I with Group II
I. Shimla Cantonment
II. Mhow Hill Town
III. Kochi Port Town
12. A hundred students in a college were asked to pick their preference for one of three subjects: journalism, sociology, and literature. Each of them picked one of the three subjects. Half of them picked literature, more than a quarter picked sociology and at least one picked journalism. Which of the following statement is true:
a) Forty nine students picked sociology.
b) At least 75 of them picked either sociology or literature
c) Only one student picked Journalism
d) Journalism is more popular than sociology
Q.1: The hardness of a water sample (in terms of equivalents of CaCO3) containing 10–3M CaSO4 is: (molar mass of CaSO4 = 136g/mol).
Answer: 100 ppm
Q.2: 50mL of 0.5M Oxalic Acid is needed to neutralize 25mL of sodium hydroxide solution. The amount of NaOH in 50mL of the given sodium hydroxide solution is ______________.
Q.3: The standard electrode potential Eº and its temperature coefficient (dEº/dT) p for a cell are 2V and –5×10–4 VK–1 at 300K respectively. The cell reaction is Zn(s) + Cu2+(aq)→ Zn2+(aq) + Cu(s). The standard reaction enthalpy (ΔrHº) at 300K is _________________ kJ/mol (F= 96485 C mol-1)
Q.4: In the following reaction sequence, the mass percentage of carbon in th product P is______________.
Q.5: The number of monochlorinated product obtained on chlorination of 2 methylbutane is_________.