JEE Main 2020 Exam Syllabus
NTA JEE Main Syllabus 2020 is given below. The subjects included in JEE Main 2020 are physics, chemistry, maths, architecture and planning related. If you want to get high scores in JEE Main Exams, please know the syllabus thoroughly. This will help you to prepare for JEE Main in a better way and can guarantee high scores. JEE Main is an All India Entrance Exam for admission to Undergraduate Engineering Courses (B.E./BTech and BArch/B.Planning Courses) in National Institutes of Technology (NITs), Centrally Funded Technical Institutes (CFTI) and other Engineering Colleges which accept JEE main Scores for admission to Engineering Courses in their college. Before preparing for exams, students should gather all the details regarding syllabus for better preparations. Get complete info or JEE Main 2020 Syllabus
JEE Main 2020 (April) Highlights:
JEE (Main) will be conducted twice before admissions in the next academic session of 2020. Check Here for Jee Main Notification
Sitting in both the tests will not be compulsory. Should candidates appear in either of the two or in both the sessions of JEE Main 2020 exam? Know the benefits
JEE Main 2020 Scores: The two tests of JEE Main will be equated using psychometric methods, standardisation techniques and best of the equated scores will be used for the admissions. JEE Main 2020 Ranking procedure
JEE Main 2020 in Online mode only- for all candidates will be conducted in online (computer based) mode only. Earlier candidates had an option to choose between online or offline exam also
JEE (Main) will be conducted in multiple sittings and a candidate will have the option of dates to choose from.(similar to other Computer based tests like CAT)
JEE Main 2020 will be held in the existing number of languages. (as it was in 2019 - The question paper will be available in English / Hindi / Gujarati)
JEE Main 2020 will have MCQs and questions whose answers have to be typed in a numerical value. JEE Main new Exam pattern.
NTA will use highly secured software and encryption techniques for conducting JEE Main. This will ensure no Paper leak or malpractices etc.
JEE Main 2020 Exam syllabus
- The JEE Main syllabus will contain topics from the 11th and 12th class of CBSE, ICSE and other state boards. Syllabus for paper 1 will contain physics, chemistry and mathematics.
- Paper 2 syllabus will contain mathematics, aptitude and drawing sections. The detailed JEE Main 2019 syllabus is given below:
JEE Main Paper 1 Syllabus:
- Mathematics: Sets, relations and functions, Matrices and determinants, Mathematical induction, Sequences and series, Integral calculus, Binomial theorem and its simple applications, Vector algebra, Statistics and probability, Trigonometry, Complex numbers and quadratic equations, Mathematical reasoning, Permutations and combinations, etc.
- Physics: Physics and measurement, Thermodynamics, Rotational motion, Laws of motion, Electronic devices, Oscillations and waves, Current electricity, Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents, Optics, Electrostatics, Kinematics, Work, Energy and Power, Gravitation, Properties of solids and liquids, Kinetic theory of gases, etc.
- Chemistry: Physical Chemistry: Some basic concepts in chemistry, Atomic structure, Chemical thermodynamics, Equilibrium, Chemical kinetics, States of matter, Chemical bonding and molecular structure, etc.
- Organic Chemistry: Purification and characterisation of organic compounds, Chemistry in everyday life, Organic compounds containing halogens, Organic compounds containing nitrogen, Some basic principles of organic chemistry, etc.
- Inorganic Chemistry: Classification of elements and periodicity in properties, Block elements (alkali and alkaline earth metals), D - and f - block elements, Environmental chemistry, Hydrogen, Block elements group 13 to group 18 elements, etc.
Also see: JEE Main preparation tips, here
JEE Main Paper 2 Syllabus:
- Part I: Awareness of persons, places, Buildings, Materials, Visualising three dimensional objects from two dimensional drawings, Visualising, Analytical Reasoning Mental Ability (Visual, Numerical and Verbal), etc.
- Part II: Understanding and appreciation of scale and proportion of objects, building forms and elements, colour texture, harmony and contrast, Transformation of forms both 2 D and 3 D union, subtraction, rotation, creating two dimensional and three-dimensional compositions using given shapes and forms, etc.
- Part III: Planning - General Awareness regarding development issues, government programs/schemes etc., Comprehension, critical thinking and analytical skills, graphs, charts and map reading skills, simple statistics, CBSE class X Social Sciences topics.
Also See: Engineering Entrance Exam 2020
Get Free Entrance Exam Alerts and College Admission Guidance >> Click here