North Eastern Regional Institute of Science and Technology (NERIST) announces Admission to Postgraduate and PhD Program for 2021 session
NERIST PG, PhD Admission 2021 – The North Eastern Regional Institute of Science and Technology (NERIST) invites applications for admission to Post Graduate & PhD Program for the academic year 2021-2022
Interested candidates can check details such as program offered, eligibility criteria, application process and more for NERIST PG, PhD Admission 2021 from the page below
- M.Sc. in Forestry, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics
- Ph.D. (Full Time & Part Time)
NERIST PG, PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
- Start of Filling Online Application Forms: 05th April to 04th June 2021
- Last date for Submission of Online Application Forms for PG/Ph.D. Admission: 04th June 2021
- Date of uploading of Admit Cards in the website: 30th June 2021
- Date of Written Test for PG Course: 10th July 2021
- Date of Written Test for PhD Course: 11th July 2021
- Declaration of result By: 04th August 2021
- PG Counselling/Admission and Course registration for MBA, M.Tech., M.Sc. & Ph.D.
Eligibility Criteria for NERIST PG, PhD Admission 2021
- Admission to all the programs of M.Sc., M.Tech., MBA and Ph.D. (FT & PT) of the Institute is open to all Indian Nationals. NRI, foreign students are also allowed for the admission provided they fulfill eligibility criteria and obtain clearance from Govt. of India. A candidate employed in any Govt./semi Govt. Department/Organization etc.
For M.Sc. in Forestry
- 4-year Bachelor of Science in Forestry with a CGPA 6.5 on a 10.00-point scale or 60% marks in aggregate. 5% marks relaxation will be given to SC/ST/PWD Category.
For M.Sc. in Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics
- B.Sc. in Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics with 55% marks in aggregate (Pass Course) and 50% marks in major/honours subject. 5% marks relaxation will be given to SC/ST/PWD Category.
For M. Tech.
- B. Tech. or equivalent degree with a CGPA 6.5 on a 10.00 point scale or 60% marks in aggregate for General Category with valid GATE Score. 5% marks relaxation will be given to SC/ST/PWD category
- Candidates. Candidates without GATE score will also be considered, subject to availability of seats.
- Bachelor Degree in any discipline/courses approved by UGC or AICTE, with 55% marks in aggregate and 50% for SC/ST category.
For Ph.D. (Full Time & Part Time)
- Candidates having Master’s Degree in Engineering & Technology with 60% marks in aggregate or CGPA 6.5 on 10.00-point scale and 55% marks in aggregate in Science/Humanities for General category. 5% marks relaxation will be given to SC/ST/PWD category in both the cases. Applicants, who wish to pursue Ph.D. while in employment /service, need to submit NOC from their employer at the time of counselling cum admission.
- Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination in 2021 are also eligible to apply
NERIST PG, PhD Admission 2021 Application Process
- Candidates must apply for NEPGET 2021 “Online” only by logging in the official website www.neeonline.ac.in or www.nerist.ac.in
- Steps to be followed for filling the online application:
- Step 1: Register yourself for the online application process at www.neeonline.ac.in or through institute website www.nerist.ac.in
- Step 2: Activate your online Application with the Email ID and Your Activation Code; send it to your submitted Email ID / Mobile No in registration process.
- Step 3: Selection of the Program Type & Program Name and check the eligibility.
- Step 4: The applicant is required to upload a scanned image file of his/her Photograph and Signature.
- Step 5: Payment of fees through online mode only.
- Application fee for all category candidates – Rs.1000/- + bank transaction charges
- Mode of Payment – Through online Credit Card/Debit Card/ATM-cum-Debit card
- For Ph.D. Programs: A candidate with valid GATE score/NET including JRF (UGC/CSIR/ ICAR)/ SLET/ Lecturer fellowship and M.Phil. will be exempted from entrance examination for admission in Ph.D. However, a written examination shall be conducted for all those candidates who are not exempted from this test.
- For P.G. Programs: A candidate with a valid GATE score will be exempted from entrance examination for admission in M.Tech./ M.Sc.
- Candidates appearing for MBA will have to appear in written test and Group Discussion/Personal Interview. CAT/MAT qualified candidates will be exempted from the written test only.
- Weightage for the written test and Group Discussion/Personal Interview will be 75% and 25%, respectively.
- Candidates are required to download the Admit Card from the website and no separate letter will be sent for the written test/Interview/viva-voce.
- The final selected list of the candidates will be displayed on Institute’s Notice Board and the same will be available at Institute Website (http:// www.nerist.ac.in).
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website