GATE 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- Age Limit: There is no age limit for GATE applicants.
- Nationality: Candidates should be of Indian nationality. Candidates belonging to Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Singapore, Ethiopia, and United Arab Emirates will also be eligible
- A candidate who is currently studying in the 3rd or higher years of any undergraduate degree program OR has already completed any government approved degree program in Engineering / Technology / Architecture / Science / Commerce / Arts is eligible for appearing in the GATE 2023 exam.
- Some of the Professional Societies/Institutions, which conduct exam in various fields of engineering, are as follows.
- The Institution of Engineers (India) (IE)
- The Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE)
- The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE)
- The Aeronautical Society of India (AeSI)
- The Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers, including Polymer and Environmental Group (IIChemE)
- The Indian Institute of Metals (IIM)
- The Indian Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIIE)
- However, the candidates who possess certification from any of the professional societies must ensure that those examinations conducted by the societies are approved by MoE/ AICTE/ UGC/ UPSC as equivalent to B.E./ B.Tech./ B.Arch./ B.Planning., etc*.
- Candidates who have obtained/are pursuing their qualifying degree from countries other than India: Must be currently in the 3rd or higher years or completed their Bachelor’s degree (duration: at least 3 years) in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture/ Science/ Arts/ Commerce.
- For more detail information brochure https://gate.iitk.ac.in/eligibility_criteria.html