JNU Combined Entrance Exam for Biotechnology 2019 for MSc, MVSc Admissions 2019
JNU CEEB 2019 Notification – National Testing Agency (NTA) has taken up the role of conducting the Combined Biotechnology Entrance Examination (CEEB). CEEB is conducted for M.Sc. Biotechnology, M.Sc. Agricultural Biotechnology and M.V.Sc. admission to its 54 member Universities.
Also See : JNU CEEB 2019 Result declared, here’s how to check
CEEB 2019 is scheduled to be conducted 27th, 28th, 29th & 30th May 2019. To know more about JNU CEEB 2019, a candidate can keep reading.
Also See : JNUEE and CEEB 2019 Admit Card released, here’s how to download
JNU CEEB 2019 Courses Offered
- CEEB is conducted for admission to various courses that falls under the Department of Biotechnology, Jawaharlal Nehru University.
- M.Sc. Biotechnology – 33 Universities
- M. Sc. Agricultural Biotechnology – 11 Universities
- M. VSc. – 03 Universities
See: M.Sc Biotechnology Entrance Exams
JNU CEEB 2019 Participating Universities
- By qualifying for CEEB 2019, a candidate becomes eligible to pursue their desired Biotechnology course from any of these affiliated Universities.
M.Sc. (Agri.) Biotechnology
- Assam Agricultural University, Jorhat
- Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswavidyalaya, West Bengal
- Ch. Sarwan Kumar H.P.Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Palampur;
- G.B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pant Nagar;
- Indira Gandhi Krishi Viswavidyalaya, Raipur;
- Kerala Agricultural University, Thrissur;
- Vasantrao Naik Marathwada Krishi Vidyapeeth, Latur (Maharashtra);
- Orissa University of Agriculture & Technology, Bhubaneswar;
- Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore;
- University of Agricultural Sciences, G.K.V.K., Bangalore; and
- University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad.
- Rajendra Agricultural University, Samastipur
- Lala Lajpat Rai University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Hisar;
- G.B. Pant University of Agriculture & Technology, Pantnagar;
- Nanaji Deshmukh Pashu Chikitsa Vigyan Vishwavidyalaya, Jabalpur,
- Guru Angad Dev Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Ludhiana.
- Maharashtra Animal & Fishery Sciences University, Nagpur
- Assam Agricultural University, Guwahati
- Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agricultural Sciences & Technology of Kashmir, Srinagar.
2-Year M.Sc. Program in Biotechnology
- University of Allahabad, Allahabad
- Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu (M.Sc. in Marine Biotechnology)
- Baba Ghulam Shah Badshah University, Rajouri (M.Sc. in Bioresources Biotechnology)
- Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
- University of Calicut, Kerala
- Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore
- Goa University, Goa (M.Sc. in Marine Biotechnology)
- Gulbarga University, Gulbarga
- Guru Jambheshwar University of Science & Technology, Hisar
- Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar
- Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla
- HNB Garhwal University, Garhwal
- University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad
- University of Jammu, Jammu
- Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
- Kumaun University, Nainital
- University of Lucknow, Lucknow
- Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai
- Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak (M.Sc. in Medical Biotechnology)
- M.S. University of Baroda, Vadodara
- University of Mysore, Mysore
- University of North Bengal, Siliguri
- North Eastern Hill University, Shillong
- Pondicherry University, Pondicherry
- Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune
- R.T.M. Nagpur University, Nagpur
- Sardar Patel University, Anand (M.Sc. in Industrial Biotechnology)
- Shivaji University, Kolhapur (M.Sc. in Environmental Biotechnology)
- Tezpur University, Tezpur (M.Sc. in Molecular Biology & Biotechnology)
- Utkal University, Bhubaneswar
- Visva-Bharati University, Santiniketan
See: MSc Entrance Exams
Eligibility Criteria for JNU CEEB 2019
- Bachelor’s degree under 10+2+3/4/5 pattern of education with at least 55% marks or its equivalent grade point average from any recognized university in the concerned subjects shown hereunder against each university:
- For Assam Agricultural University, Jorhat: B.Sc. (Agri.), B.Sc (Hort), B. Sc. Agril. Biotechnology) from any recognized university. Graduates from general stream may also be admitted in case seat remains vacant, however, they will have to undergo extra 20 credit hours bridge course
- For CH. Sarwan Kumar H.P. Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Palampur: Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry and Agricultural Biotechnology.
- For G.B. Pant University of Agriculture & Technology, Pant Nagar: Agriculture, Veterinary Sciences, Horticulture or Forestry. Students from Bachelor of Science (B.Sc. in ZBC/PCM and B.Sc. (Biotechnology) are also eligible.
- For Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Raipur: Agriculture, Biotechnology (Agriculture), Horticulture or Forestry with Bachelor’s Degree under 10+2+4 pattern with at least 60% marks or equivalent OGPA.
- For Kerala Agricultural University, Thrissur: Agriculture, Horticulture, or Forestry
- For Vasantrao Naik Marathwadakrishi Vidyapeeth, Latur (Maharashtra): B.Sc./B. Tech. in Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Agri. Biotechnology, Bioinformatics (03/04 Yrs.) from recognized University with minimum CGPA 6.5 on 10 scale or 65% marks.
- For Orissa University of Agriculture & Technology, Bhubaneswar: Applicants must have passed 4- year Bachelor Degree in Agriculture/Horticulture/Forestry from a duly recognized University securing at least 55% marks in aggregate.
- For Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore: Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, or B. Tech in Biotechnology/ Horticulture / Bioinformatics under 10+2+4 pattern of education with at least 70% marks or equivalent OGPA of 3.00/4.00 or 7.00/10.00 from a Farm University. For SC/ST candidates, a pass in the qualifying degree is sufficient.
- For University of Agricultural Sciences, G.K.V.K., Bangalore: Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry or Seri-culture or B. Sc. Agril. Biotechnology/B. Tech. [Biotechnology]/ B. Sc (Ag. Biotech)/ B. Sc (Agri) in Biotechnology from recognized Agriculture/Horticulture/Forestry University
- For University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad: Bachelors degree in Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, B. Sc. (Agril. Biotechnology)/B. Tech (Biotechnology)/B.Sc. (Ag. Biotech.)/B. Sc. (Agri) in Biotechnology from recognized Agricultural/Horticultural/Forestry universities
- For Rajendra Agricultural University, Bihar, Pusa: Bachelors degree in Biology (BZC)/ Microbiology/Biotechnology/Agriculture/Horticulture. Candidates with Bachelor Degree in Biology (3 Years duration) will have to spend 3 years in M.Sc. programme
- For Lala Lajpat Rai University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Hisar: B.V.Sc. & A.H. degree recognized by Veterinary Council of India with minimum OGPA 6.0/10.0 or equivalent.
- For Assam Agricultural University, Guwahati: B.V.Sc. & A.H. or equivalent degree from a recognized university with minimum CGPA 2.60 in 4.00 scale or 6.00 in 10.00 scale
- Reservation: 15%, 7% and 3% of seats shall be reserved for SC, ST and Person with Disability (PWD) candidates (with not less than 40% disability) respectively. All the SC/ST and PH candidates who have passed the qualifying examination are eligible to apply irrespective of their percentage of marks in the qualifying exam unless otherwise specifically mentioned by any participating University.
- OBC reservation, wherever applicable, will be implemented as per the policy of each participating University.
- Concession for Kashmiri Migrants: 10% marks will be added to the overall marks scored by a Kashmiri migrant candidate in the Entrance Exam; after adding 10% marks, in case he/she is covered in the cut-off point in the merit list, he/she will be offered admission strictly in accordance with his/her inter-se merit alongwith other candidates subject to his/her meeting the minimum prescribed eligibility requirements and also subject to his/her producing valid registration documents issued by the notified authorities certifying the candidate’s Kashmiri Migrant status.
JNU CEEB 2019 Syllabus
- The Question Papers for the test (CEEB 2019) shall be based on the syllabus prescribed by the JNU which is available at website https://jnu.ac.in/admission/e-prospectus-2019-20.pdf and https://ntajnu.nic.in.
JNU CEEB 2019 Selection Procedure
- The selection will depend strictly on the inter-se merit of the candidate in the entrance examination vis-vis preferences for joining the universities indicated by the candidate. After the merit list is drawn more than double the number of candidates than the total intake only will be informed of their merit rank in the entrance examination.
- The candidates will also be informed about the total number of seats in each participating university; the candidates will be asked to exercise their options for joining the universities in the proforma (which will be sent by JNU).
- The candidates will be asked to send to JNU a bank draft of Rs 5000/- (Rs 2500/- in the case of SC/ST/PH candidates) as initial security deposit giving their willingness to be considered for admission to the participating universities.
See: M.Sc. Agriculture Admissions
JNU CEEB 2019 Exam Pattern
- The question paper for entrance examination will be of three hours duration and will consist of two parts, PART-A and PART-B
- Part-A will have multiple choice type questions at the level of 10+2 in the subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology. The Candidates will be required to attempt 60 questions Total marks for Part A will be (60 questions x1 mark each) of 60 marks.
- There will be negative marking and for each wrong answer, (half) mark will be deducted
- Part-B will also have multiple choice questions from the syllabus detailed above in Section IV of this Brochure; there will be 100 questions out of which the candidates will have to attempt 60 questions. Each correct answer will have a weightage of 3 marks.
- There will be negative marking and for each wrong answer one mark will be deducted
- For the reference of intending candidates, a set of question papers pertaining to the last three years are available on JNU website www.jnu.ac.in
- Mode of Examination – LAN Based CBT (Computer Based Test)
- Duration – 3 hours
- Question Type – Multiple Choice Question
- Maximum Marks – 100
- Scoring – Depends on the course opted for (1, 2, 3 or 4 Marks)
- No negative marking for incorrect response.
- Medium of Paper – English only
JNU CEEB 2019 Exam Centres
- Agartala, Ahmedabad, Aizawl, Allahabad, Amritsar, Bangalore, Bareilly, Bhubaneshwar, Calicut, Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore, Dehradun, Delhi, Dimapur, Gangtok, Gwalior, Guwahati, Goa, Gorakhpur, Hyderabad, Secundrabad, Imphal, Indore, Itanagar, Jaipur, Jammu, Katihar, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Madurai, Nagpur, Noida, Pant Nagar, Patna, Pondicherry, Pune, Raipur, Ranchi, Sambalpur, Shillong, Shimla, Silchar, Siliguri, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram, Udaipur, Varanasi, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Kathmandu (Overseas Centre)
JNU CEEB 2019 Admit Card
- Candidates are issued the CEEB 2019 Admit card on the official website www.ntajnu.nic.in. Only those candidates are issued the admit cards for the exam who had successfully submitted their application on time. It is only made available in online mode.
- To download the admit card a candidate requires their application number and password. ON the day of exam, a copy of this admit card needs to be carried along with a valid photo ID proof.
JNU CEEB 2019 Result
- CEEB 2019 Result will be declared by the National Testing Agency on its official website. Candidates can check their raw marks which will be converted in NTA score.
- NTA Score is calculated that corresponds to the raw marks for all the exams held in multiple shifts. Normalisation of marks is done for exams held in 2 shifts. Further on this basis, a candidate is called for a document verification round at the allotted college to complete all the admission formalities and freeze the seat under their name.
JNU CEEB 2019 Application Procedure
- Candidates can also download the Application Form from Website www.jnu.ac.in. Application Forms can be submitted only by Registered Post/Speed Post to Section Officer (Admissions), Room No.28, Administrative Block, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi-110067.
- The candidates are also required to produce all originals of the above certificates/documents for verification at the time of registration/admission. In the absence of any of the original certificates/documents, registration/admission shall not be allowed.
- Only those candidates who will be asked to exercise their option, the list/letter of these candidates will be available on JNU website www.jnu.ac.in although intimation to this effect is also sent to the candidates on their e-mail account. However, the candidates are advised to find out through their own sources whether their names appear in the list and thereby make arrangement for sending their final option together with initial security deposit by the stipulated date.
- The University will not issue any paper intimation to the candidates. Candidates are advised to regularly check JNU website for updates.
- Please do not send your application form through private courier services or any other postal mode except registered post/speed post
- Only one application is to be submitted by a candidate for the same level of the programme. More than one application i.e. Multiple application forms submitted by a candidate will be summarily rejected.
Five Steps to Complete the Application Process
- Application Form may be submitted in four simple steps:
- Step 1: Apply for Online Registration and note down the system generated Application No for future reference
- Step 2: Fill Online Application Form
- Step 3: Upload scanned images of Candidate’s Photograph (between 10 kb – 200 kb) and Candidate’s Signature (between 4 kb – 30kb) in JPG/JPEG format.
- Step 4: Make payment of fee using suitable mode of payment through bank as per details given in this section and keep proof of fee paid.
- Step 5: Print at least four copies of Confirmation Page after successful remittance of fee
- Fee Payable by candidates (CEEB) in INR
- General/OBC/EWS – Rs. 1000/-*
- SC/ST/PwD/Transgender – Rs. 500/-*
- Foreign National – Rs. 2880/-*
- *Plus GST as applicable
Method of Fee Payment
- After completing Step 3 of online Application Form, candidates may remit the examination fee (Step 4) by choosing the following options:
- Through Debit/Credit Card – Candidates need to check the validity of the Debit/Credit Card, while logging on to website for submitting Application Form. Candidate should enter the information asked for and make the required payment through Debit/Credit Card.
- Through Net Banking – Check the balance in account and keep all credentials ready while logging on to website for submitting Application Form. Candidate should Login with his/her credentials of net banking and make payment through Net Banking.
- Note: In case, the fee payment status is not ‘OK’ the candidates are advised as following:
- If the fee is paid through credit/debit card and status is not OK, it means the transaction is cancelled. Therefore, such candidates have to pay the fee once again and ensure the OK fee status.
- For cancelled transactions, the amount will, automatically, be refunded to concerned credit/debit card within 15 days of last date of submission of Application Form.
- Generation of Confirmation Page confirms the final submission of Application Form. If Confirmation Page has not been generated, this means that Application Form has not been submitted successfully.
See: Biotechnology Entrance Exams
JNU CEEB 2019 Exam Dates
- For M.Sc. (Agri.) Biotechnology & M.V.Sc Programs
- Online Submission of Application Form: 15th March to 15th April 2019 (up to 11:50 pm)
- Last Date of Successful Transaction of Fee through Credit/Debit Card/Net-Banking up to 11:50 pm; through E-challan up to bank hours: 16th April 2019
- Correction in Particulars of Application Form on Website only 22nd to 28th April 2019
- Downloading of Admit Cards from NTA Website: 10th May 2019
- Dates of Examination: 27th, 28th, 29th and 30th May 2019; 31st May as Reserve Day
- Duration of Examination 03 Hours
- Timing of Examination:
- First Session: 09:30 am to 12:30 pm
- Second Session: 02:30 pm to 05:30 pm
- Centre, Date and Shift of Examination: As indicated on the Admit Card
- Display of Recorded Responses and Answer Keys: To be announced later
Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi
Combined Biotechnology Entrance Examination (CBEE), Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi-110067, Tel 011-26704089, Email email@example.com, Website www.jnu.ac.in