Give a Character Sketch of Kisa Gotami and Gautama Buddha from Class 10 English Chapter 10 Sermon at Benares
In this post, we explain the character sketch of Kisa Gotami and Gautama Buddha from Class 10 English Chapter 10 Sermon at Benares. This post covers everything you need to know about Kisa Gotami and Gautama Buddha from the lesson. We provide answers to questions related to the character sketch of Kisa Gotami and Gautama Buddha, including his traits, personalities, and motivations. Our explanations are easy to understand, and we offer examples from the lesson to support our points. Whether you’re a student looking to study for your exams or a teacher seeking to explain the lesson to your students, our post can be very helpful. So, read on and learn all about the character sketch of Kisa Gotami and Gautama Buddha.
- CBSE Class 10 English Lesson Explanation, Summary, Question Answers
- CBSE Class 10 English MCQ Questions with Answers
- Class 10 English First Flight word meaning
- Class 10 English First Flight Poems word meaning
- Class 10 English Footprints without Feet word meanings
- CBSE Class 10 English Important Questions (Chapter wise)
- Character Sketch of Class 10 English
|Attention Class 9 and 10 Superstars: Signup for CBSE News, Videos & notes!|
Character Sketch of Kisa Gotami
Kisa Gotami was a simple woman who was devastated when her only son died. She was not able to reconcile with this terrible loss and was searching everywhere for someone who would be able to revive and bring back her dead child to life. But nobody could do such a miracle. Her grieve over the loss of her beloved child is so great that everyone thought that she had lost her sense. Buddha knew that Kisa Gotami would understand the inevitability of death from her own experience, so he asked her to get a handful of mustard seeds from the house where nobody had ever died. But it was impossible for her to find such a house. The poor woman returned empty handed. She realised that she had been selfish in her grief and so, she accepted that death is universal and common to all.
Sermon at Benares Overview – The story is based on the concept of life and death. It explains the biggest truth that humans are mortal and death is the only truth. The concept of detachment from loved ones and the importance of silence for attaining inner peace have been discussed. The story of a misfortuned woman has been given so that the readers can understand the concept.
Related: Sermon at Benares Summary, Explanation
Some Questions on Character Sketch of Kisa Gotami
Q1. Who is Kisa Gotami, and what are her characteristics?
Q2. How does Kisa Gotami’s loss affect her character?
Q3. How does Kisa Gotami’s character change throughout the story?
Q4. Both Lencho and Kisa Gotami faced losses. Elaborate on the type of loss each one faced and their behaviour in the face of adversity.
Character Sketch of Gautama Buddha
Gautama Buddha was born to a North Indian royal family as a prince and was named Siddhartha Gautama. He was sent away to study Hindu sacred texts when he was twelve years old. Four years later, he returned home and got married to a princess. Soon they had a kid and they carried on living the royal lifestyle for about ten years. At the age of 25, he emerged from this protected life and went on a hunting trip. On his way to hunting, the Prince observed a sick man, an elderly man, a funeral procession, and a monk who was pleading for charity. His eyes were opened by these sights, and he decided to leave all the royalty behind in order to pursue a better understanding of spirituality. After receiving salvation, he started preaching. Thus he became to be known as “Buddha” (the Awakened or the Enlightened).
Some Questions on Character Sketch of Gautama Buddha
Q1. What was the personality of Gautama Buddha as described in the chapter “Sermon at Benares”?
Q2. How did Gautama Buddha’s teachings differ from the prevailing beliefs of his time, as described in the chapter “Sermon at Benares”?
Q3. What was Gautama Buddha’s attitude towards the suffering of others, as described in the chapter “Sermon at Benares”?
Q4. How did Gautama Buddha’s teachings inspire his followers, as described in the chapter “Sermon at Benares”?
Related: Sermon at Benares Question Answers
Also See :
Character Sketch of Class 10 English First Flight Book
- Character Sketch of Lencho and Postmaster | A Letter to God
- Character Sketch of Nelson Mandela | Chapter 2
- Character Sketch of Young Seagull | Two Stories About Flying Part 1 His First Flight
- Character Sketch of the Pilot | Two Stories About Flying Part 2 The Black Aeroplane
- Character Sketch of Mr Keesing and Anne Frank | From The Diary Of Anne Frank
- Character Sketch of Wanda, Maddie and Peggy | The Hundred Dresses – I
- Character Sketch of Miss Mason | The Hundred Dresses – II
- Character Sketch of Lucio Rodrigues, Rajvir and Pranjol | Glimpses of India
- Character Sketch of Gavin Maxwell and Mijbil | Mijbil The Otter
- Character Sketch of Valli and Bus Conductor | Madam Rides the Bus
- Character Sketch of Natalya, Chubukov and Lomov | The Proposal
Character Sketch of Class 10 English Footprint without Feet Book
- Character Sketch of Mrs. Pumphrey, Tricki and Dr. Herriot | A Triumph of Surgery
- Character Sketch of Anil and Hari | The Thief’s Story
- Character Sketch of Max, Ausable and Fowler | The Midnight Visitor