Give a Character Sketch of Gavin Maxwell and Mijbil from Class 10 English Chapter 8 Mijbil The Otter
In this post, we explain the character sketch of Gavin Maxwell and Mijbil from Class 10 English Chapter 8 Mijbil The Otter. This post covers everything you need to know about Gavin Maxwell and Mijbil from the lesson. We provide answers to questions related to the character sketch of Gavin Maxwell and Mijbil, including his traits, personalities, and motivations. Our explanations are easy to understand, and we offer examples from the lesson to support our points. Whether you’re a student looking to study for your exams or a teacher seeking to explain the lesson to your students, our post can be very helpful. So, read on and learn all about the character sketch of Gavin Maxwell and Mijbil.
- CBSE Class 10 English Lesson Explanation, Summary, Question Answers
- CBSE Class 10 English MCQ Questions with Answers
- Class 10 English First Flight word meaning
- Class 10 English First Flight Poems word meaning
- Class 10 English Footprints without Feet word meanings
- CBSE Class 10 English Important Questions (Chapter wise)
- Character Sketch of Class 10 English
|Attention Class 9 and 10 Superstars: Signup for CBSE News, Videos & notes!|
Character Sketch of Gavin Maxwell
Gavin Maxwell, the narrator of the story “Mijbil the Otter ” is a thoughtful and compassionate young man with a great love for animals. He shows deep compassion for the otter, Mijbil, and his situation throughout the entire story. Maxwell is a curious and adventurous person, as seen by his choice to explore the isolated hills of Iraq where he finds Mijbil. He was thrilled to own an otter as a pet. He worked tirelessly to ensure that Mijbil the otter is safe and healthy. He used his knowledge of animal behaviour to win the otter’s affection, is concerned for him and assists Mijbil to adjust in his new environment. He is patient and understanding, allowing Mijbil to settle into his new home gradually. His love and compassion towards Mijbil serve as an example of how humans may have a positive impact on the natural world.
Mijbil The Otter Overview: The lesson Mijbil the otter talks about the relationship between a master and his pet. It gives the message that one should be friendly towards the pet and take good care of it. We keep pets by choice and if we have one, then we treat it as a family member.
Related: Mijbil The Otter Summary Explanation
Some Questions on Character Sketch of Gavin Maxwell
Q1. Who is Gavin Maxwell, and what kind of person is he?
Q2. What are some of Gavin’s strengths and weaknesses?
Q3. How does Gavin interact with Mijbil and the other animals in the story?
Q4. How does Gavin’s story highlight the importance of conservation and environmentalism?
Q5. How does Gavin’s story reflect the challenges faced by people who are passionate about conservation?
Q6. Compare and contrast the relationship of master and pet as shown in Mijbil the otter and A Triumph of surgery
Character Sketch of Mijbil, the Otter
Mijbil, the otter, undoubtedly belonged to a species that was once unknown to science. Zoologists named it Lutrogale perspicillata Maxwell. Mijbil’s favourite activity was manipulating little things while he was lying on his back. A friend of the author finds the wild otter in the streets of Baghdad and brings him to the author’s house. The author named him Mijbil. Initially Mij is hesitant and wary of people, but gradually, gains confidence and develops a bond with the author. Mijbil was a mischievous and playful animal. Mijbil also exhibits observant behaviour, and has an excellent sense of smell. Mijbil could pick up simple orders and answer to his name further demonstrates his intelligence and aptitude for learning.
Some Questions on Character Sketch of Mijbil
Q1. Who is Mijbil, and what kind of animal is he?
Q2 What are some of Mijbil’s unique characteristics and behaviors?
Q3. How does Gavin Maxwell care for Mijbil, and what does he teach him?
Q4. How does Mijbil’s story highlight the importance of protecting and preserving endangered species?
Q5. How does Mijbil’s story reflect the human-animal bond and the importance of compassion and empathy?
Related: Mijbil The Otter Question Answers
Also See :
- Character Sketch of Lencho and Postmaster | A Letter to God
- Character Sketch of the Pilot | Two Stories About Flying Part 2 The Black Aeroplane
- Character Sketch of Mr Keesing and Anne Frank | From The Diary Of Anne Frank
- Character Sketch of Wanda, Maddie and Peggy | The Hundred Dresses – I
- Character Sketch of Miss Mason | The Hundred Dresses – II
- Character Sketch of Lucio Rodrigues, Rajvir and Pranjol | Glimpses of India
- Character Sketch of Valli and Bus Conductor | Madam Rides the Bus
- Character Sketch of Kisa Gotami and Gautama Buddha | Sermon at Benares
- Character Sketch of Natalya, Chubukov and Lomov | The Proposal